Best Casein Powder Ever

Owen B

Tryptophan and cysteine are not the only amino issues in all these protein powders.

From my own observation, every protein powder (maybe with the exception of the bone and/or skin powders) have huge amounts of glutamic and aspartic acid. Are these not excitotoxic?

I took casein for 3-4 days - small amts - and I thought I was losing my mind.

There's leaf protein now (Green Virgin, or something like that) but the company will not release it's amino profile.

D

Deleted member 5487

I just wanted to chime in on the Naked Casein usage.
I can absolutely confirm nate's original comments.
Its been an easy source of increased protein
Its helped my digestion/gut immensely
As nate said "worth every penny"

Same.

Got mine today and having an additional 22grams easily added into my mango/mango juice smoothie is so much easier than trying to drink alot of extra milk since I over do the liquids in the first place. I could defiantly see myself doing 2 servings or 4 scoops a day, while getting the benefits of less whey/liquid.

D

Deleted member 5487

Is it worth it?

Yes Naked Casein is worth it. Literally after a few scoops over a day or two your skin and hair begin to look alot better.

It's much better in one scoop intervals. Like one with breakfast, one after dinner. Slow digesting feeds your liver all day.
There a ton of calcium in it as well, and low trytophan so a scoop after protein meals like eggs/milk/meat is perfect.

Great supplement, try the small can, then bite the bullet and drop $100

@Amarsh213 , how do you mix it? Blender? I am considering casein but one thing I keep seeing from people is the difficulty in getting it to dissolve/mix, with complaints of graininess/chunks. Also how much do you typically put - I see you write "one scoop" - Nathan Hatch also mentions "one scoop" but specifies it's around 11 grams in this older post: Best Casein Powder Ever Thanks!

D

Deleted member 5487

I suggest taking
@Amarsh213 , how do you mix it? Blender? I am considering casein but one thing I keep seeing from people is the difficulty in getting it to dissolve/mix, with complaints of graininess/chunks. Also how much do you typically put - I see you write "one scoop" - Nathan Hatch also mentions "one scoop" but specifies it's around 11 grams in this older post: Best Casein Powder Ever Thanks!

yeah 2 scoops is like 22g.

blender ball shaker with 1% a2 milk. It's a litlle foamy, but not clumpy at all.

I am going to try a scoop here at like 10:30 tonight, I hope it's not to much protein late at night, we will see. I have heard of people sleeping really well on it.

Mauritio

Mauritio

Supplementation with these powders only makes sense if it's from a milk that you can't source locally, otherwise, madehome is preferable.
I havent watched it but this video is about cottage cheese. And besides that I dont see a problem with ordering the powder.

Gone Peating

I havent watched it but this video is about cottage cheese. And besides that I dont see a problem with ordering the powder.

I hate the taste of cottage cheese which is weird because I enjoy virtually all dairy products

I use the naked mass gainer chocolate powder, one scoop in my milk at lunch it's great so I'm sure the casein powder is great too

Mauritio

Can someone confirm or deny that?

Casein has a calcium to phosphorus ratio of 1:7 !?!? That would be horrible...

Attachments

• 20190824_150310.jpg
    20190824_150310.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 34

Amazoniac

Can someone confirm or deny that?

Casein has a calcium to phosphorus ratio of 1:7 !?!? That would be horrible...
Check out the original post.
I hate the taste of cottage cheese which is weird because I enjoy virtually all dairy products

I use the naked mass gainer chocolate powder, one scoop in my milk at lunch it's great so I'm sure the casein powder is great too
As in The Sims?

A liter of milch might cost ℇ1, containing 27 g of caseid, or ℇ3.70/100 g casein; the product above appears to cost ℇ6.00/100 g casein. As you know, preparing is quite easy and probably a gentler process, at least you'll know what's going on. Washing multiple times could help in minimizing (acid?) residues that affect taste and it must be possible to spread it on a dehydrator if you want the convenience of carrying it around.

Buying a product from non-existent countries that you can source locally is unnecessary.

Last edited:

Gone Peating

As in The Sims?

A liter of milch might cost ℇ1, containing 27 g of caseid, or ℇ3.70/100 g casein; the product above appears to cost ℇ6.00/100 g casein. As you know, preparing is quite easy and probably a gentler process, at least you'll know what's going on. Washing multiple times could help in minimizing (acid?) residues that affect taste and it must be possible to spread it on a dehydrator if you want the convenience of carrying it around.

Buying a product from non-existent countries that you can source locally is unnecessary.

Yea I'm not denying I'm a sucker, but I don't really like drinking any more milk every day than I already do.

After I run out of this powder I'm going to try powdered milk and regular cacao powder and sugar

Mauritio

As in The Sims?

I didn't find anything in the original post concerning calcium :phosphorus ratio .
Only later in the thread someone says that casein powder contains a lot of calcium ...

Amazoniac

Yea I'm not denying I'm a sucker, but I don't really like drinking any more milk every day than I already do.

After I run out of this powder I'm going to try powdered milk and regular cacao powder and sugar
You drink it straight from the udder?

If you try to prepare the powder on your own someday, let us know how it went.
I didn't find anything in the original post concerning calcium :phosphorus ratio .
Only later in the thread someone says that casein powder contains a lot of calcium ...
It's in the first link.

Mauritio

You drink it straight from the udder?

If you try to prepare the powder on your own someday, let us know how it went.

It's in the first link.
Okay thanks . It says 30g come down to 618mg of calcium and on the nutrition facts website that I used it said 33mg .
I wonder why it's so different... it may come down to the facts being about casein and the website from the original post being about a casein powder ?!

Sefton10

For anyone in the UK, this is an excellent casein powder: Casein Protein Micellar Organic

Organic, grassfed, no additives and cold filtered.

Low tryptophan and excellent Calcium:Phosphorus too. I find it blends really well, creamy and pretty much tasteless.

upload_2020-6-19_12-19-13.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom