20,000 Pastured Chickens

His farm is right next to the 15 freeway. Chickens collecting all those toxins. I wonder if he had the land tested before he bought it.

Last edited:
OP
S
Also this guy makes grain-free pastured eggs

Also this guy makes grain-free pastured eggs

Well chickens don't know how to cook starch so they were never meant to eat grains. But I've witnessed chickens going crazy for cooked white rice on a farm I worked at in HI. I tried to feed them worms but they didn't care. But when I captured a large centipiede and gave it to them them went even crazier for it than the rice. I tested this on different days to confirm and every time they went crazy for the centipede. Odd that they like centipedes but not worms. The Hawaiian centipede is no joke. It can give you blood poisoning but most people survive the bite. They also liked papaya and weeds. You have to shove them with a stick to get the eggs. There was a horse. I would feed him carrots. He loved papayas too. I laughed when I gave him avocados and he rejected them. He also rejected citrus fruits. He loved starfruit.

OP
S
Well chickens don't know how to cook starch so they were never meant to eat grains. But I've witnessed chickens going crazy for cooked white rice on a farm I worked at in HI. I tried to feed them worms but they didn't care. But when I captured a large centipiede and gave it to them them went even crazier for it than the rice. I tested this on different days to confirm and every time they went crazy for the centipede. Odd that they like centipedes but not worms. The Hawaiian centipede is no joke. It can give you blood poisoning but most people survive the bite. They also liked papaya and weeds. You have to shove them with a stick to get the eggs. There was a horse. I would feed him carrots. He loved papayas too. I laughed when I gave him avocados and he rejected them. He also rejected citrus fruits. He loved starfruit.

Chickens eat anything I think

2963F74A-24AB-4A9E-B2B1-924DAC154B4D.jpeg

nerfherder

If a mouse wanders in with the chickens it is worth watching. Those chickens are aggressive. "Pecked to death by chickens" happens fast if you are a mouse.

OP
S
If a mouse wanders in with the chickens it is worth watching. Those chickens are aggressive. "Pecked to death by chickens" happens fast if you are a mouse.
Not a pretty way to go :eek: