field greens, forest fruit, mushrooms
nature
dogs for coworkers
ample yodeling
Do you need any help?

OP
W

Waynish

Been in Thailand many times and i agree when i comes down to PUFAS, but i depends on you ..
Most tourists in Thailand do not cook themselves i guess if youare into Peating you have to cook yourself...
Most restaurants in Holland also use the cheap oils, our famous fries are mostly fried in Sunflour oils... and my local Indian admits not using ghee but margarine in his dishes to cut costs....

Thailand has an abundance of great fruits you will never get bored, loads and loads of seafood you can buy on markets, many lower fatty fishes sea and sweet water can be grilled , shrimp, squid, i even had babyoysters once fresh from the sea... So if you eat fruit all day, and combine it with grilled fish and rice you are great not to mention the blessings of coconutwater ....

When u rent place and cook yourself with coconut oil, BTW many places do not mind if you bring your own Coconut oil so they can fry their stuff in it.... Big Downside is that all the noodlesoup places have pigs broths, so its very hard to get your gelatin in Thailand maybe Vietnams Pho is much better for that.....

I thought pig bone broth was acceptable? I have it quite often in Thailand.

Amazoniac

The life of a shepherd:
high altitude
pure, rarefied air (retain more CO2)
pure mountain water (low in deuterium)
sunshine
low stress self employment
grass fed dairy
ruminants
gelatin broth
non breathless exercise
field greens, forest fruit, mushrooms
nature
dogs for coworkers
ample yodeling
..and we wake up with the car behind us honking, stuck in traffic going home late at night, with da boss calling threatening to fire you if you arrive late again tomorrow, a giant ad display that's -, the industry on your left emitting a black smoke 24 hours everyday, weather forecasted as cloudy for the next two months because the mayor said something to Zeus that he didn't like, the polluted river on your right with crap (that you thought it was mud but it's not) constricting the flow, and the closest thing that resembles grass on your day is lichen and @ moss growing on your dirty humid bathroom for being too exhausted to clean it up. #positivity

shepherdgirl

and we wake up with the car behind us honking, stuck in traffic going home late at night, with da boss calling threatening to fire you if you arrive late again tomorrow, a giant ad display that's -, the industry on your left emitting a black smoke 24 hours everyday, weather forecasted as cloudy for the next two months because the mayor said something to Zeus that he didn't like, the polluted river on your right with crap (that you thought it was mud but it's not) constricting the flow, and the closest thing that resembles grass on your day is lichen and @ moss growing on your dirty humid bathroom for being too exhausted to clean it up. #positivity
Lol. Even good food, although it helps, can't balance it out.

OP
W

Waynish

I heard pigs were relatively health in Thailand vs other meats. Also, a pork bone soup would be more gelatin - so could be fairly peaty if we throw out fatty pork meat itself, yes? Hoping this is true because there's a pork bone broth I can't get enough of...

Tzheng2012

I heard pigs were relatively health in Thailand vs other meats. Also, a pork bone soup would be more gelatin - so could be fairly peaty if we throw out fatty pork meat itself, yes? Hoping this is true because there's a pork bone broth I can't get enough of...

The pigs in thailand wouldnt be stuffed with soy and corn. I lived there for a year and one of the things i realised was if you order any meat it would be like 60% cartilage. Honestly it was horrible lol. Like the chicken, they call it “village chicken” versus “broiler chicken” (the ones found in the US). They basically just run around all day outside so they get really muscular as opposed to the broiler chickens that arent allowed to move so they can fatten up and be tender.

Bodhi

I do believe allot of rural place will operate like this but in most cities and tourist places i have seen the boneless chicken and pork come in frozen bags , i am sure Thailand also have "european"styl pigefarms and chickenfarms i am sure they get fed what is not natural to them, and i am sure the bones and others cuts get sold to soup stands so bones and other cuts must contain tons of PUFA

dfspcc20

I do believe allot of rural place will operate like this but in most cities and tourist places i have seen the boneless chicken and pork come in frozen bags , i am sure Thailand also have "european"styl pigefarms and chickenfarms i am sure they get fed what is not natural to them, and i am sure the bones and others cuts get sold to soup stands so bones and other cuts must contain tons of PUFA

Not disagreeing, but don't most people skim the fat off broth/stock after it has solidified. I do at least. It's not that difficult to remove pretty much all the fat.

Tzheng2012

Well even when i was eating in small restaurants in bangkok they pretty much used those “village meats.” But yeah if you go to chain restaurants there will probably be more “broiler meats,” but you have to remember thhailand is a super small country compared to america. They dont have giant soy and corn farms, and they most certainly wont be able to support large european style animal farms by importing them. The thailand government taxes heavily in imported goods because they want to focus on inter country production of goods. You really need to change your way of thinking when it comes to these asian countries. The western methods of agriculture are really bizzare and out of nature and wont be found in most of the east. Because in the first place it takes a lot of money to set up these thhings and most farmers are small time country folk. They dont get large subsidies from the goverment and have all these labs to make gmo crops. The stuff frozen in bags doesnt necessarily mean ultra processed, they could just be buying from multiple small farmers and packaging it themselves.

EIRE24

Not disagreeing, but don't most people skim the fat off broth/stock after it has solidified. I do at least. It's not that difficult to remove pretty much all the fat.
I do this with my beef broth. The fat solifdifies at the top. I even found an easier way to do it by storing my broth in the freezer, I noticed that when I took it out the fat at the top just easily broke off from the rest

dfspcc20

I do this with my beef broth. The fat solifdifies at the top. I even found an easier way to do it by storing my broth in the freezer, I noticed that when I took it out the fat at the top just easily broke off from the rest

When I make chicken broth, I add some coconut oil to it before I start having it cool down. That way it's more solid and easier to break apart and pick off, like you said with beef broth.

shepherdgirl

But maybe the PUFA would not be solid in the fridge? It should still float on the broth, though, right? So maybe also skim off any oil that did not solidify?

Bodhi

Well even when i was eating in small restaurants in bangkok they pretty much used those “village meats.” But yeah if you go to chain restaurants there will probably be more “broiler meats,” but you have to remember thhailand is a super small country compared to america. They dont have giant soy and corn farms, and they most certainly wont be able to support large european style animal farms by importing them. The thailand government taxes heavily in imported goods because they want to focus on inter country production of goods. You really need to change your way of thinking when it comes to these asian countries. The western methods of agriculture are really bizzare and out of nature and wont be found in most of the east. Because in the first place it takes a lot of money to set up these thhings and most farmers are small time country folk. They dont get large subsidies from the goverment and have all these labs to make gmo crops. The stuff frozen in bags doesnt necessarily mean ultra processed, they could just be buying from multiple small farmers and packaging it themselves.

I need to change my way of thinking ? sorry but i think you underestimate Thailand, i am from Holland we have a uge broiler industry, Thailand is way bigger ....

Saha Farms Ltd., The Largest Chicken Farm In The World In Bangkok, Thailand On February 04, 2004. Pictures | Getty Images