Blood Pressure. Arrrrgggg!

marteagal

Good replies, thank you @keith and @skycop00 !
Keith, I hope you'll also find a method to fix your high BP.
Skycop, do you think, pregnenolone pushed your metabolism beyond the limits, raising adrenline? Or another mechanism?

I think, my own blood pressure is ok ATM but I'm investigating this for someone you has developed high blood pressure of 210 over 120 in recent time and the doctor gives him only 6 more months to live, so I'm collecting information on the most likely causes that he can ckeck and blood-test.

skycop00

Actually someone suggested that the pregnenolone has been known in some people to raise BP. They sent me a link way back when. At the time I was taking 30mg 2x/day. Do a search on pregnenolone and high blood pressure. I will look when I get home. Low dose has posed no negative issues at all.

humpty-dumpty

"The TRUTH about Blood Pressure and Cholesterol"
On YouTube, By Dr. John Bergman.

Very interesting , even though Dr. Bergman has an opposite opinion about Aspirin as
Dr. Peat. I would love to hear opinions from others on this subject.

Elron

Agmatine sulfate, olive leaf extract, and citriculline malleate. I don't know how peaty those are but I think agmatine reduces the bad NoS and increases the good one.

tomisonbottom

Nope, I haven't figured out anything yet. I've made lots of attempts Peaty and otherwise, including high dose K2, magnesium, 2 quarts of milk/day, high salt, low salt, salt to taste, garlic, extra potassium, chocolate, and probably lots of others that aren't coming to mind. I'll be sure to share if I figure anything out. The only things I've learned is that nothing seems to make much difference other than that methylene blue definitely seems to increase my BP, so if you are worried about BP, I might avoid that. Other than that, nothing seems to dependably move it up or down. Even stress doesn't seem to be a reliable predictor for me.

Have you tried Taurine?

tomisonbottom

I've never had blood pressure problems before few months ago when I ran into some.
The extra citric acid from OJ was part of it and my salt intake was not helping but the biggest offender for me was protein deficiency.

BP finally started to settle down after about a month of being diligent at neutralising citric acid, breathing Co2, taking Aspirin, not skimping on protein as well as maxing salt and K2.

Why do you think the citric acid contributed to high BP?

tomisonbottom

Mine was 140/90 right before I gave blood yesterday and I was concerned it would disqualify me from donating but the phlebotomist just laughed and said they accepted donations from people with a blood pressure reading up to 180/100. Back in the early 90's I remember 140/90 was considered borderline high blood pressure but they've lowered the numbers since then so more people would qualify for medication.

Do you now what Ray recommends for blood pressure readings? I've been looking for anything quoted by him and haven't found anything yet..

ThinkPerceive

I used to drink quite a bit. I cut down before Peating, and actually lost all desire for alcohol once I started getting enough sugar, for some reason.

That was my experience, and then some. Before Peating, I had segued from a "paleo" diet to a very low carb diet. Great for losing weight but oh my the problems it caused. Anyway, a few months into that low-carb phase, I became an alcoholic. Seriously - I was never a very heavy drinker (though I might have too much at a party), but I was buying red wine, hiding it, drinking it (the whole bottle) every night. I COULD NOT STOP and was driving myself crazy - wtf was going on?? I'd post on paleo forums asking for help (my favorite idiot, Dr. Jack "I wouldn't trust him to treat my cat" Kruse, suggested I drink less alcohol - smh).

Then, I got interested in Peat, and started eating fruit. A month or so later, I was walking down the street and suddenly realized - I hadn't had a drop to drink in at least two weeks! From a bottle a night to nothing, and didn't even notice.

My theory is exactly that - it is has something to do with sugar, and the body striving to get enough at any price. When I was low-carb, alcohol was the alternative (and it actually was quite blissful to be drunk - likely its metabolism was very efficient), and when I had enough real sugar, my body dropped alcohol immediately. Actually, more than dropped it - I hardly drink at all now, once a month or so tops, and it never even occurs to me to have any unless I'm in a social situation with other drinkers and I join in.

I do suspect that most substance addictions are - at their metabolic core - tightly related to efficient sugar consumption. If the body can't get sugar one way, it'll get it another way, and there isn't a lot of mental control we have over that.

Other problems also went away after leaving low-carb - my back spasms disappeared, my libido returned, a strange rash cleared up - but the alcohol thing was the most noticeable shift.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals