KMUD: 10-21-16 Rheumatoid Arthritis

Dan W

Direct MP3 link | Podcast setup

For people curious about rheumatoid arthritis (myself included), this show has a plausible model of it.

It also includes a quote that reinforces that Peat's not as anti-probiotic as I'd previously assumed (another example here):
Ray Peat (around 55 minutes in) said:
Usually they're helpful, but not always. And it depends on the particular species. And the individual probably can judge best by how you feel when you take it.

Donate to support KMUD here.

Attachments

• kmud-161021-rheumatoid-arthritis.mp3
    50.6 MB · Views: 636

paymanz

thanks dan
---

so from what dr peat said lipid peroxide is what causing the diabetes, in most cases! - and studies showing EFAD protects against diabetes is a proof for that, partially!

but that makes a question for me, so why vitamin E is not a cure for diabetes?!

schultz

It also includes a quote that reinforces that Peat's not as anti-probiotic as I'd previously assumed (another example here):

I've noticed this too listening to podcasts. There is another quote where he says that the lacto bacteria can be anti-inflammatory (or something along that line). I'll have to find it now that I've brought it up... :wtf

mhm

For people curious about rheumatoid arthritis (myself included), this show has a plausible model of it.

I just want to say thanks for uploading these mp3s, Dan, know that many of us appreciate.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I would like to post my experience with MMS ('Miracle Mineral Supplement'):

Back in 2012, while visiting my mom in Germany, I noticed that her caretaker had swollen finger knuckles and I asked her if she had arthritis. She said yes, and showed me that two of her fingers were stiff (the 2nd & 3rd finger on the right hand). I always travel with my MMS, which I mostly use for dental hygiene, and since I have read a lot about it, I suggested to her that she might want to try this, since it might help her arthritis and she agreed. She took 4 activated drops each day with some water and after only 5 days, the swollen finger knuckles were gone and she could move all fingers freely. I kept in loose contact with the caretaker after my mom's passing and she was still using the MMS and was without arthritis two years later! Encourage by the early results, I also offered my MMS to an elderly woman, a friend of my mom, who had rheumatoid arthritis during the same visit in 2012. Again, I suggested she should use 4 activated drops and after only 2 days, she was without pain! I have not kept in contact with her, so I don't know about her whereabouts.

I have a background in chemistry, so I calculated the proper stoichiometric ratio between the 28% sodium chlorite (NaClO2) and the 50% citric acid solution and you need for each 4 drops of the sodium chlorite solution only one single drop of the citric acid solution. Especially if using it for dental hygiene, you don't want extra acid to dissolve your teeth's enamel. When these two are mixed, it produces chlorine dioxide which is an oxidant and is antimicrobial and antifungal. It is also offered with dilute hydrochloric acid as activator and here a 9% concentration will give a 1:1 mixing ratio. My son and I use it regularly for keeping our gums healthy, there is only a very small amount of plaque buildup between regular professional cleaning of our teeth at the dentist and it is completely painless. My own understanding is that bacteria from infected gums or root canals (I have two) can enter the bloodstream and can cause arthritis and also heart disease. I have read a lot about the dangers of root canals and that they are always infected and I hope that the MMS keeps the bacteria in check. Sometimes there will be blood discharge from one 50 year-old root canal and when I use MMS in my Oral Irrigator the bleeding will be gone overnight. The EW-DJ10A Portable Oral Irrigator, made by Panasonic, is a type of 'water pick' that does tolerate the chlorine dioxide. Other types have rubber seals and they will be damaged by the oxidant in a short time. I put the MMS drops directly into its (dry) water tank, then wait 1/2 minute for the activation to complete and then fill it with warm water. The drops should mix, so be sure they land in the same spot. I have found that the MMS products offered by Keavy's Corner have the best dropper design.

I have also used just the sodium chlorite by itself for athlete foot: a single tiny drop spread between the toes in a single application did cure my athlete foot.

Before I knew about MMS, I have used colloidal silver from Innovative Natural Products (500 or 1000 ppm) to get rid of an infection in my gum, caused by the puncturing of a dirty cleaning stencil during teeth cleaning. Hydrogen peroxide diluted in water is also a good disinfectant for the mouth.

A friend of a friend of mine lived in a subbasement apartment that was infested with black mold. He got so sick that his doctor didn't give him much longer to live. I gave my friend a bottle of MMS for his friend and he used MMS (15 activated drops each day) for a few months and got rid of the mold infection in his body. He had tears in his eyes, when he told my friend that his doctor gave him a clean bill of health!

The FDA has warned about the use of MMS. However, I also studied the material safety data sheet on sodium chlorite and chlorine dioxide and came to the conclusion that at those small quantities it is comparable to the toxicity of the RDA of table salt!

The only reservation I have regarding MMS is the claim that it will only kill 'bad' bacteria. In the very beginning I tried to get to the recommended 15 activated drops and I stopped at 6 drops, since it gave me diarrhea. That is why I use 4 drops as the highest dose. Also, don't use it together with vitamin C, which is an antioxidant. Since chlorine dioxide is an oxidant it can't distinguish between good and evil bacteria, I think.

For heart health I am using Zeta Aid, formulated by Dr. T.C. McDaniel (who is now 102 years old in 2016!). It strengthens the colloidal stability of the blood particles. Fascinating science. As long as I take it regularly, I don't have heart arrhythmia. I think the protective mechanism is that it charges the blood up, due to the valence ratio between cations and anions (1:4) in the Zeta Aid salts (probably potassium hypophosphate). Aluminm chlorite, with the opposite valence ratio (3:1) destabilizes the Zeta Potential. Even if one had gum disease or root canals, the bacteria would not be able to attach themselves to the arterial wall or heart valves and cause inflammation of the heart vessels and subsequent arterial blockage. Even deep venous thrombosis can be avoided with the Zeta Aid. It also dissolves kidney stones. I have posted about the Zeta Aid before:

Zeta Potential in the Blood

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dan,

I listened to the show as well but did not hear Peat speak approvingly of probiotics. He simply said they may help some people. He typically uses language like that for things that he does not like but does not want to discount reports of people benefitting from the supplement. He used the same language for things like alcohol, weed, fatty fish, and even legumes like lentils.
As far as the other link where he mentions lactobacillus reuteri - he only says it is "safe" when asked about supplementing, but he then refers to the well-known probiotc Biosporin, which is not based on lactobacillus and in fact is used counter the effects of lactobacillus overgrowth. Usually if he thinks something is both safe and beneficial he says so rather directly. Quotes about pregnenolone and progesterone are prime examples.
Personally, I think that probiotic supplements can sometimes help, even when based on the lactobacillus strains, but the benefit is reserved for cases where there is infection with a truly harmful bacteria like C. Difficile or one of the mycobacteria species. In all other cases, it is probably best to lower bacterial count for the lactobacillus strains given their link to conditions like Lupus and even RA.
Just my 2c.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Point taken, and I've noticed that same thing (him using certain wording for things that he may not like, but wants to avoid dismissing people's experiences).

m_arch

Lol how the guy rushes the peoples calls off at the end. I felt like some of the callers questions weren't fully addressed but instead rushed off the line by the male talk show host.

Dante

Dan,

I listened to the show as well but did not hear Peat speak approvingly of probiotics. He simply said they may help some people. He typically uses language like that for things that he does not like but does not want to discount reports of people benefitting from the supplement. He used the same language for things like alcohol, weed, fatty fish, and even legumes like lentils.
As far as the other link where he mentions lactobacillus reuteri - he only says it is "safe" when asked about supplementing, but he then refers to the well-known probiotc Biosporin, which is not based on lactobacillus and in fact is used counter the effects of lactobacillus overgrowth. Usually if he thinks something is both safe and beneficial he says so rather directly. Quotes about pregnenolone and progesterone are prime examples.
Personally, I think that probiotic supplements can sometimes help, even when based on the lactobacillus strains, but the benefit is reserved for cases where there is infection with a truly harmful bacteria like C. Difficile or one of the mycobacteria species. In all other cases, it is probably best to lower bacterial count for the lactobacillus strains given their link to conditions like Lupus and even RA.
Just my 2c.
What's wrong with lentils? Cooked lentils taste good and have a lot of minerals
Lentils

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's wrong with lentils? Cooked lentils taste good and have a lot of minerals
Lentils

Ray typically advises against eating legumes. He says there are links between beans and Burkitt's lymphoma, beans are highly estrogenic, and are also considered resistant starch and would generally increase endotoxin. Beans is highly abortifacient in sheep, and horses and cows refuse to eat it altogether which confirms their estrogenicity. He said that lentils is the safest of the legumes but as far as I know he never advocated it directly. So, that is the example really. Sometimes, when people tell him they feel great on specific foods he is ambivalent about he responds with a statement on safety but never an endorsement. Search his website for "burkitt" to get the article on lymphoma and beans.

Dante

Ray typically advises against eating legumes. He says there are links between beans and Burkitt's lymphoma, beans are highly estrogenic, and are also considered resistant starch and would generally increase endotoxin. Beans is highly abortifacient in sheep, and horses and cows refuse to eat it altogether which confirms their estrogenicity. He said that lentils is the safest of the legumes but as far as I know he never advocated it directly. So, that is the example really. Sometimes, when people tell him they feel great on specific foods he is ambivalent about he responds with a statement on safety but never an endorsement. Search his website for "burkitt" to get the article on lymphoma and beans.
cool thanks for the details, i don't eat beans but small indian lentils.

Gl;itch.e

Thanks a bunch Dan. Great show, just wish they would stop letting that horribly rude woman on the air!

Peata

thanks dan

so from what dr peat said lipid peroxide is what causing the diabetes, in most cases! - and studies showing EFAD protects against diabetes is a proof for that, partially!

but that makes a question for me, so why vitamin E is not a cure for diabetes?!

Did you find anymore info on Vitamin E and diabetes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals