Liebig Meat Extract ( Bought In Italy )

Wilfrid

@Such_Saturation,
I'm in Italy to stock up on Liotir and Tirosint and , by chance, I bought the Liebig bovine meat extract ( there is only one ingredient: bovine meat extract ) and just tried it as a home-made broth. Have you ever tried this stuff? It's a concentrated form of vitamins, minerals and protein. When I bought it, I was thinking about Ray's reference about his homemade liver extract....Anyway, I bought it in a Carrefour store.

Prodotti - Estratto di carne - Liebig

http://www.fondation-lamap.org/site...ia/minisites/projet_europe/PDF/liebHistit.pdf

From the link above:

" L’analisi approfondita del brodo di carne gli indica che l’acqua di cottura scioglie la gelatina, la creatina, i fosfati e altri importanti composti, ancora sconosciuti a quell’epoca, mentre nella carne stessa non restano che fibrina e fosfato di potassio, insolubili. Liebig concluse che gli elementi nutritivi essenziali si trovano nel succo e non nella massa muscolare della carne. "
"Alla luce dello stato della ricerca alla sua epoca, le conclusioni di Liebig erano certamente logiche– si dimostrerà soltanto un secolo dopo che il succo di carne contiene delle quantità importanti di vitamine del gruppo B (la riboflavina e l’aciso nicotinico, già citati): possiede dunque un buon valore nutritivo. "

I also bought a refined sea salt from the Carrefour brand wich contains only refined sea salt as well as magnesium carbonate and magnesium oxyde as the only anti-caking agents. I can say for sure that the added magnesium, along with the salt, has a calming, almost sedative, action though its concentration in the product is less than 2%. ( I don't experience such benefit from refined sea salt only).

Last edited:
That's odd, I remember it had other ingredients as well. In that case it's probably the best option for a quick broth. Usually I buy the liquid broth in the cartons... but it's basically dark water. Also why don't you buy pure salt?

OP
W

Wilfrid

I usually buy the refined pure salt in carton box at COOP because I can't find fine salt without anti-caking agents in France.
However when I saw the composition of the carrefour's salt, I wanted to give it a try. Ray wrote favorably about magnesium carbonate ( not so much about the oxide though..) and often said that even trace amount of added ingredients could have major health effect. I can't tolerate mg supp and was curious about the trace amount of mg in the product...I don't think it's a placebo effect since I feel a pleasant calming effect from using it sublingualy and don't have the same sensation when using pure salt instead.
I love to put it on my coffee panna cotta too, Elena brand is fabulous by the way.
Not topic related but I'm curious...have you ever tried the liquid thyroid T3 and T4 ( Liotir and Tirosint ) ? It's so easy to get those without prescription in Italy ( even for a foreigner ) that I'm wondering why you didn't mention their use?
I found the products very potent, Ray didn't ever mention those but Kenneth Blanchard did ( at least for the Tirosint ) and very well formulated ( only ethanol and glycerol as expicients ).
@John Frusciante rightly warned about liquid thyroid product shelf-life ( around 1 month according to the notice ) but I still definitively feel effect from the Liotir stuff even after 2 months of use but can't objectively say the same about the Tirosint though, as I am usually using it within the expiration date.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wilfrid

Hi John,
I was curious about the stuff and I remembered Ray's own liver extract ( I think that he used to make his own to extract some valuable specific nutrients ( to liver ) as well as the vitamin K ). I thought that some interesting nutrients could be safely extract from the bovine meat. In the italian article I posted above, it seems to contain some valuable nutrients but you're right, it's way better and tastier to make one's own.

When Ray mentioned liver extract it was when he wanted to check how much vitamin K it contained, among other things, I think it was an experiment. He eats liver frozen from very fresh, but this extract doesn't contain any liver it seems, it's just dried meat.

I usually buy the refined pure salt in carton box at COOP because I can't find fine salt without anti-caking agents in France.
However when I saw the composition of the carrefour's salt, I wanted to give it a try. Ray wrote favorably about magnesium carbonate ( not so much about the oxide though..) and often said that even trace amount of added ingredients could have major health effect. I can't tolerate mg supp and was curious about the trace amount of mg in the product...I don't think it's a placebo effect since I feel a pleasant calming effect from using it sublingualy and don't have the same sensation when using pure salt instead.
I love to put it on my coffee panna cotta too, Elena brand is fabulous by the way.
Not topic related but I'm curious...have you ever tried the liquid thyroid T3 and T4 ( Liotir and Tirosint ) ? It's so easy to get those without prescription in Italy ( even for a foreigner ) that I'm wondering why you didn't mention their use?
I found the products very potent, Ray didn't ever mention those but Kenneth Blanchard did ( at least for the Tirosint ) and very well formulated ( only ethanol and glycerol as expicients ).
@John Frusciante rightly warned about liquid thyroid product shelf-life ( around 1 month according to the notice ) but I still definitively feel effect from the Liotir stuff even after 2 months of use but can't objectively say the same about the Tirosint though, as I am usually using it within the expiration date.
I don't think they would give those without a prescription. Do you visit a border pharmacy? They are more lenient.

OP
W

Wilfrid

I don't think they would give those without a prescription. Do you visit a border pharmacy? They are more lenient.
Yes, I bought all of my bottles in San Remo.
They even kindly ordered supplemental Liotir and Tirosint that they did not have in their office when I first visited them ( for a total of 5 bottles each.) without asking me anything. In France, it's a different story....

Back
Top Bottom