Please Help My Poor Suffering Little Sister! So Sadddd!

tara

I do increase her food periodically but I believe her emotions burn this up or prevent absorption. So it really comes back to having the correct thoughts so that the food benefits.
I do think whats going on with thoughts and feelings is important too.

But calories are calories, and if she is needing to grow and heal, she may need more than you think. I think member @Jennifer had a patch of eating several thousand cals a day for a while during recovery (similar height to your sister, needed to rebuild a weakened skeleton).

Or could also be something she's having trouble digesting that she's not getting what she needs from? Some personal intolerance, or - and I'm not well informed in this area, just thinking it could be another avenue to consider if you are running out of ideas - trouble producing the digestive substances. I know some people here say they've had benefit from either betaine HCL or digestive enzymes - you could search out those stories.

OP
Z

Zo-So

Yes hcl is great. We can't find any that is non porcine, and we therefore use acv as the next best. And other aids like peppermint ginger tea. But shes mainly okay digesting.

I mean how much food do you think one should eat? I was thinking 3.5 thousand cals would be ok for her.
I don't want her to use food emotionally, but rather feel good intrinsically. Emotional eating is terrible.

tara

I mean how much food do you think one should eat? I was thinking 3.5 thousand cals would be ok for her.
I don't want her to use food emotionally, but rather feel good intrinsically. Emotional eating is terrible.
It seems possible to me that your sister is underweight and has lost her reproductive hormones and menstruation due to significant energy deficit. Does that seem possible to you?
But I'm not sure about that. Could it also be that at 15 it may be OK that she is not menstruating - that earlier circumstances precipitated early menarche, and she is now back to normal , and doing fine, and will begin normal menarche soon?
Are you certain she is actually retaining all the food - 3000+ cals a day - that is going in her mouth? You know what I mean - not some eating disorder variant that could have escaped you?

If it's the former, that there actually has been a real energy deficit, that she's actually eating and more or less digesting 3500ish cals a day and not managing to gain weight, then there may be a need to catch up that is greater than the normal calorie requirements.
In this circumstance, if emotions would encourage her to eat more, I wouldn't think of that as terrible. Who's to say that emotions shouldn't be part of guiding our eating, so long as they are not obviously leading us in a clearly destructive direction? Trying to deny them a role may cause trouble too.

Olwyn's guidelines for young women 17 - 25 recovering from restrictive eating disorders (and I would expect the energy deficit maths to be similar whatever the cause of the deficit) is a minimum 3500, less 200 if extra short, but more anytime appetite calls for it. Extreme hunger can call for days of 3 times as much for some people. In Olwyn's model, not following that hunger, if it is needed, would be to impede healing. I'm not sure what the story is for someone a little younger. I'm pretty sure that restricting food would not be her recommendation.
I'd recommend reading more articles on her website.

OP
Z

Zo-So

At the minimum it would be 2000 and it goes upwards to 4000.

Nope she doesn't have an eating disorder she loves eating and leans towards being greedy most times. I did read those guidelines.

For eg she will have a huge bowl of rice, fish, and drench in homemade whole egg mayo and veg and have something with her jaggery. That meal alone is about just shy 1000 cals.

Replicate that or more throughout day..

I don't think it's normal for her period to go, her hair and nails show signs of hormonal imbalance and zero oestrogen doesn't sound normal.

She is only lightly active.

To feed her any more I have tried and she doesn't digest! She just throws up because it's just food on top of in digested food.

So I try to feed her calorie dense food. She even drinks the mackerel oil (eww). She does love food.

tara

Nope she doesn't have an eating disorder she loves eating and leans towards being greedy most times.
I don't think it's greedy to want to eat enough food. If she is underweight and otherwise depleted, that could well be 4000+ calories some days, or many days. I grew up with an internalised message that my frequent hunger was greed, rather than a legitimate need for food. I'm concerned about her getting this message.

If she's throwing up the food she eats, that'd mess with getting much out of it. Do you know if that's happening often? That's the one I was wondering if you would necessarily know about, if it could be more than you are aware of, behind closed doors?

I'm with you on mackerel oil - ew - I think I'd probably throw up if i drank much of it. :)

Did you check cronometter to see if there were any obvious micronutrient gaps?
Getting at least 80g protein/day, more if she's hungry for more?

She's had standard tests, ruled out eg diabetes?

Getting sunshine regularly on the skin?

Breathing pattern? - relaxed, diaphragmatic, nasal, including in sleep?

Xisca

Her digestion can be very good, or at times poor. We know to seer clear of beans/legumes for this reason.
We have done some of Clarks protocols but it hasn't helped in weight gain.

We have tested for gluten sensitivity, and doctor said it was fine, but I know that one should take it easier on breads than not.

I think emotions disturb digestion,
About the nervous system, that is a clear freeze pattern, and it is the one that consume the more energy. Even when not active, this burns energy. Digestion goes up and down according to the level of activation in the ANS.
I have had all the tests for gluten sensitivity, and still, I cannot it it. But I can check it in a very obvious way, as I react quickly. In 3 days after stopping gluten I could digest better and had less nervous ness.
Yes, if you can start with the program from Irene Lyon... it is a process but it will give her energy back!
The change of personality is bovious enough for you, and she can be back to her real self, and as you know how she was, you will notice the changes. Do not aim at this, aim at regulating the nervous system, and the body knows what to do by itself when allowed.
I'd love to get my hands on oysters but we are a few hours inland, and I think this will compromise the freshness and quality. We do red meat at least once a week. We do chicken once or twice, and the rest is fish (her pref).
When fish is prefered, usually it means Hcl is not high enough in stomach. I use a bitter green salad with olive oil and cider vinegar before anything else at meal time.
I believe her emotions burn this up or prevent absorption.
That is the most probable yes... The freeze response is like driving a car with full accelerator because it is moderated by the hand brake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then of course you hit the digestion capacity threashold! Exactly what you say next:
her hair and nails show signs of hormonal imbalance and zero oestrogen doesn't sound normal.
She is only lightly active. To feed her any more I have tried and she doesn't digest!
I would go for the hair test from either ARL lab or trace element lab, there are possibilities in Aus to do them. Hormone imbalances result in mineral imbalances, and correcting the minerals correct the hormones. But the domino effect is too complex to guess what is missing, because also the body can have enough but stock it in an unsusable form. Copper and zinc is a very big example of this. Women often have concern with this because of the pill or because of copper IUD!
For zinc, you can use cooked oysters, or also frozen mussels are fine, but muscle red meat is the best source. In general, all diets have much enough copper, and all vegetable sources but a few exception have more of the DV of copper than zinc! Meat is the only food source with a lot of zinc without having a lot of copper. Oyster have too much copper too, but fortunately they have double DV of zinc than of copper... Mussels have manganese, which is necessary along with zinc. Pumkin seeds is almost the only vegetal source of balanced DV for copper and zinc.

BUT this is the most common case I mention, with the need to not go up in estrogens, and your sister is low. So she could be the reverse and would NOT need zinc at all! In that case, her liking would not go toward muscle beef meat at all. Does she eat it, as you say once a week, because it is theoretically fine, but would swap it for another piece of other animal stuff?

If she needs high copper to do the job, in that case she would crave high copper food like liver, shell fish and chocolate, avocados... is instinct enough to say? I would go hair test route! @Ella ! Australian girl in need!

And need of copper would mean need to get also: magnesium and manganese, and possibly potassium. You can look for which food bring this, and check if it matches her likings.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zo-So

No I don't think she is greedy - but she certainly loves her food.
In our culture we call it an "open desire" which can be a good thing in the right circumstance. I only curtail this if it's way overboard. I tell her to eat what she need, but not to eat to fill her heart... Only good thoughts can do that.

In relation to throwing up, it's only happened three times in 2 years. Because we were wanting her to gain weight and her food wasn't digesting so it came up. We just take it easy so that was an isolated incident(s).

For instance today she had a huge whopping bowl of oats drenched in coconut oil, with jaggery.

She's having organic cheese pasta for lunch with evoo and pesto (homemade everything) btw they are like big serves that you would feed a hard working labourer.

And she has had snacks (watermelon and nuts) all day.

For dinner it will be pasta drenched in oil with fish (veggies)
With chicken coleslaw with homemade mayo.

Lots of good fat, protein from egg (mayo), fish, chicken, nuts, and pasta.

Yes some of these things need adjusting and hub and I spoke about it for next time he does groceries to keep it in mind.

I used to give her nut butter, steam veg and extra cheese in between meals and it caused her to thrown up and she had gut fermentation.
She used to eat 3 bananas and 2cups melon on rising but I thought too much fructose, perhaps. So I went with just three very solid meals with lots of time inbetween to digest.
She did well on this.
Every meal is rice, pasta or cereal (porridge) with accompaniments.

OP
Z

Zo-So

Breathing pattern? - relaxed, diaphragmatic, nasal, including in sleep?

She has good but d (80 in winter) the highest in our family as we are quite modest in dress and cover up a fair bit.

She had her adanoids removed at 5 and had some bronchial issues and sleep apnia. I was against this and said she just needed to adjust diet... But some people just about worship the quick fix sickness industry and so her body was butchered at a young age which I am quite upset about.

When she first came into my care she had long-term asthma-like symptoms and was quite mucusy. But she has no such symptoms now, I think due to no second-hand smoke, and a better diet. Her skin improved too.

tara

In relation to throwing up, it's only happened three times in 2 years.
Glad that's not been a regular thing. :)
So I went with just three very solid meals with lots of time inbetween to digest.
Did you see the link on the forum portal page to a post about some of Katarina Dalton's work? She has worked and written a bit about progesterone, amongst other things. In that context, one thing she talked about was about women helping support good hormone levels by eating starchy snacks regularly, at least every three hours, and with an hour of rising and retiring (night-time fast no longer than 10 hours). She wats women to do this as a basis before beginging progesterone supplemenntation, because failing to do so is likely to sabotage it. But it coulsdwell be relevant in you sister's situation, where you are wanting to support natural hormone production, too.
  • Frequent carb snacking: "divide the day's starchy food so that you eat small starchy snacks every three hours during the waking hours and within one hour of waking and retiring to bed" [Note: she was fine with grains as a carb source.]

• Minimizing overnight fast: "Ideally, the overnight fast should not exceed ten hours"

• Overall diet: "Meanwhile, continue with a healthy diet with adequate protein and plenty of fruits and vegetables"

• An ongoing practice: "Continue the diet throughout the menstrual cycle"

• The diet "incubation" period and the risk of progesterone failure if the diet is not thoroughly followed: "It takes at least seven days before the benefit of frequent eating is appreciated, and unfortunately, if there are long gaps between eating and snacking it will take up to seven days to recover. ... It does not matter if you don't eat every hour or two as long as you don't wait longer than three hours."

• Preparation to supplementation: "Before starting progesterone treatment ... Ensure that the patient has maintained the Three-Hourly Starch Diet for at least one week".
When she first came into my care she had long-term asthma-like symptoms and was quite mucusy. But she has no such symptoms now, I think due to no second-hand smoke, and a better diet. Her skin improved too.
If you haven't yet looked up some of the threads on CO2, Buteyko method, etc, you might find some of that interesting/relevant, too.

OP
Z

Zo-So

I think you are spot on about the nervous system. She is like a deer in the headlights... High emotions adrenals underneath a stunned, numb exterior. My poor darling sister.

Yes the girls are always picking dandelion for salads. I will implement this! Bless you.

Great idea. I will order the sample envelop kit for hair analysis. Do you know which ones are the best? This should give us a good idea!

What about dietary supplements? I usually steer away and try to medicate with food, but maybe until she gets on too of things - would this be okay?

I have a feeling this is copper and zinc related, and magnesium as she gets crippling leg cramps every now and then which we treat with mag.

Again thank you for these excellent ideas!

OP
Z

Zo-So

Yes @tara I am defs getting the pic that starchy carbs are the way to go for this little chicken!

Yes I have an astonishing amount of reading (hence my brief replies, pardon!)

So no doubt I will need to educate myself on these resources
Thank you for your help! I'm very touched by everyone's contribution and concern. God bless

Broken man

Hello, I only read first page. What I will wrote is my personal experience and other will not agree with me. If you have time I recommend you to read @James IV posts because I think its best what you can do for your digestion when you have problems. Cyproheptadine is best thing, you can ask your doctor you if arent sure. I think that doctors were giving it to underfed children. Search for cyproheptadine and you will see. Its easy with cypro, wait until she will be hungry and ask her what she wants to eat. I recommend eggs fried with coconut oil, so great!!!.

Xisca

Great idea. I will order the sample envelop kit for hair analysis. Do you know which ones are the best? This should give us a good idea!

What about dietary supplements? I usually steer away and try to medicate with food, but maybe until she gets on too of things - would this be okay?

I have a feeling this is copper and zinc related, and magnesium as she gets crippling leg cramps every now and then which we treat with mag.
For the hair test in Australia:
Interclinical

I also use magnesium oil on my legs for cramps.
Supps are not really good when you are not sure of what is needed. Even when s.th is low, you never know... maybe the body does it intentionnaly and protects you from worse. When I have a problem with Mg though, I tend to take p5p, the active form of B6, or else I get no results with Mg. (and I was prescribed twice some Mg injections by doctors, and they were efficient, so I know I really can need Mg. now with the p5p, great. and the b6 did not work for me) Then also manganese is important aside the copper and zinc.

Look at any list of copper rich food, and you will check if she craves it... I have read copper is very related to estrogen. The hair test will tell you this much better than a blood test.

tara

vb2005

The problem is that someone with low or missing stomach acid can not digest meat, fish, eggs, offal and nuts - so no zinc and no copper will be absorbed - and all the carbs will not help here except maybe soaked brown rice or potatoes. The solution is HCL and pancreatin or super enzymes from now foods or eating the animal foods raw
- like raw eggs, raw milk, raw butter, raw cheese, raw fish , beef carpaccio, steak tartare not sure about beef jerky. I know from experience - if you have achlorhydria - even fish is indigestible especially oily fish, even olive oil digestion needs HCL. Coconut oil I think is an exception. Nuts and seeds are very bad idea. I think fish broth or soup or gelatine can restore stomach acid and can provide bioavailable minerals.
I think she is missing amino acids and minerals more than carbs. If you dont produce thyroid hormones due to zinc or iodine or selenium or amino acid deficiency - I don't see how carbs will help here - but carbs are better than cooked proteins and fats.

vb2005

You can test her copper levels and ceruloplasmin - I bet that she have low ceruloplasmin and restoring ceruloplasmin seems to be no so much about copper or zinc deficiency in diet but more about amino acids deficiency due to low HCL low pancreatic enzymes or low protein diet. With low HCL comes and B12 deficiency.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Hi Zo-So,

The Ritalin got my attention. Against my resistance, my ex-wife insisted to have our son placed on Ritalin but he changed so dramatically (his face & eyes, like a zombie), that after a few days we took him off. That may have been 10 years ago, he is now 22 and goes to college. His doctor put him on Concerta, on the lowest available dose, and his doctor thought that this was not any more therapeutic but my son managed. Then sometimes later we took him off of this one, too. Thank God! That was before I discovered this:

I have helped a teenage boy here in Reno with shielding his bed with an aluminum fly screen, connected via a 9V battery to ground. This boy had ADHD and it was probably because he wouldn't sleep through the night, every night he would wake up very early in the morning, I think it was 3 am, and had trouble to get back to sleep. The night his grandmother put the screen with the 9V battery connected under his bed (or under his mattress) he slept through the whole night for the first time! And every night thereafter. He was completely changed, not anymore jittery but calm and able to concentrate. No more ADHD!

Now what was going on here? To be honest, I don't know exactly why. The whole story with my discovery of 'earth energies' goes back to the 1970s, a couple of years after we lost my dear father in 1974 due to stomach cancer. So a few years later my mom had a dowser check her bedroom for noxious energies, or water veins ('Wasseradern' in German) and the dowser found two crossing water veins where the bed of my father had been. That caught my attention and I became interested in dowsing and did some dowsing experiments during my Master's in physics. (but that wasn't part of my Master's thesis, of cause :): ) Since then I was sleeping with a grounded metal mesh underneath my bed and I still do.

After a meeting with Dr. James Oschman and Clint Ober, I tried applying a voltage to the screen or conductive bed sheet with respect to ground. I found out that sleeping on a negative potential of 27 V gave me terrible nightmares while the positive potential had no such effect. A friend of mine repeated this with a 100V dry cell battery. The negative polarity connected to a conductive bed sheet gave him the worst nightmares of his life and the dream content was just disgusting! No such effect with the positive polarity.

At that time my son, whose bed had also such a grounded screen under his mattress, mentioned that he had nightmares in his bed at my house but not at his mom's house, so I inserted a 9V battery with the positive pole to the screen and with the negative pole connected via a cable to the safety ground pin of the AC outlet. No more nightmares!

That is now my recipe in correcting bed or work places that are in a bad spot. Best is to move the bed to a better spot or in some cases you might have to move into a better house or apartment. Two physicians, the German Dr. Ernst Hartmann and the American-German Dr. Manfred Curry, both discovered grid-like energy structures or 'lines' (although these are not really lines but invisible planes) that are about 3-5 feet apart and carry a 'polarity'. Crossings of these can be bad for one's health. There are also water veins that follow fault lines. Locations where water veins and these grid lines overlap are the worst according to dowsers.

This method is very easy to do and will cost you less than $30. The aluminum screen is available from Home Depot and they have AC power plugs and wire and 9V batteries. Since Radio Shack is gone, it is a bit more effort to get 9V battery cable clips. But Amazon has it:

https://www.amazon.com/IDS-Leather-...8726067&sr=8-3&keywords=9V+battery+clips&th=1

Then you need AMP crimp connectors and tool, here is one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Wire-Crimpin...&keywords=AMP+crimp+connectors+and+tool&psc=1

But you may find this also at Home Depot or an automobile parts store, for example. You connect the screen, battery & AC power plug the following way:

grounding-jpg.6037

I can't guarantee that this will also resolve your younger sister's other health problems but who knows! My nephew in Germany, for example, had his bed also on a bad spot and I think that was the reason that he had a very bad reaction to an MMR vaccine. He finally recovered after my brother on my begging had a dowser check his bed and the dowser put a screening blanket underneath his bed. The dowser confirmed my suspicion and told my brother: 'Your son won't get well on that bed place'.

The youngest son of my best high school friend had also problems in school and only finished middle school. Then his parents build him a new bed away from noxious energies which his mom found in his bedroom and then their son became interested in higher education, got his high school degree with top grades and went to the university!

Also watch the movie 'Grounded' on YouTube:

Grounded bed sheets are also available on Amazon.

I also did a long post on this subject on Dr. Mercola's website. My username is 'Perfessor' there (no, not 'professor').

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/...0171012Z1_UCM&et_cid=DM161483&et_rid=81933908

Right now Mercola's site is down for maintenance (it is Sunday evening here).

With best regards,

Stephan

OP
Z

Zo-So

@Xisca I personally don't trust mainstream diagnostics esp with thyroid and gluten

I myself swell up with too much carbs/grains... But show up fine on tests so I have little faith in them.
I did contact the hair analysis people and they are sending a kit.

@Xisca @tara She was using Mag Chloride oil - we ran out and it did give a rash - so we use mag chloride pil form and mag citrate.

She has started to slowly add in a few white flour/white sugar pancakes and a green tea with sugar into her day as a morning tea which is so weird in this household, yet she is feeling better on her sugar high and that is good.

@vb2005 Here is a bit of an issue. We cannot source non-porcine Hcl. I will try to see if she can do raw liver. We do the broths and I do try to keep the nuts to like 250g per week for her.
Im getting the hair analysis I think will the low ceruloplasmin show up on that test do you think or should it be separate blood analysis?

@StephanF _ very interesting. But she has slept in homes 300km apart and some of the symptoms persisted, and I have changed her room from east, to west, and south east and she has similar problems, even when she sleeps in the living area.
I will look into this though. So could something like a salt lamp actually cause bad dreams (as it promotes neg ions) or did I get that wrong?
Thanks

Xisca

So could something like a salt lamp actually cause bad dreams (as it promotes neg ions) or did I get that wrong?
Ho yes! I have seen it mentionned before! Those salt lamps are not as good as they are said, and even bad, maybe only for some persons not all....

Last edited:

Xisca

The problem is that someone with low or missing stomach acid can not digest meat, fish, eggs, offal and nuts - so no zinc and no copper will be absorbed. The solution is HCL and pancreatin or super enzymes from now foods or eating the animal foods raw
- like raw eggs, raw milk, raw butter, raw cheese, raw fish , beef carpaccio, steak tartare not sure about beef jerky. I know from experience - if you have achlorhydria - even fish is indigestible especially oily fish, even olive oil digestion needs HCL. Coconut oil I think is an exception. Nuts and seeds are very bad idea. I think fish broth or soup or gelatine can restore stomach acid and can provide bioavailable minerals.
I think she is missing amino acids and minerals more than carbs.
+ 111111111111111111111
Here is a bit of an issue. We cannot source non-porcine Hcl. I will try to see if she can do raw liver. We do the broths and I do try to keep the nuts to like 250g per week for her.
Still a lot of nuts! I hope you can get macadamia nuts, they are better than others.
Do you peel the nuts she gets? Best to do so...
The enzymes will do if you cannot get Hcl, but I am surprised Hcl comes from pigs... or do you mean bile extracts?

Then, there are more things for getting natural Hcl, like starting ALL meals including breakfast with a bitter salads and olive oil with up to taste of cider vinegar. You can help with some raw honey in the dressing. But what works is the bitter taste on the tongue, so you must not damper the taste too much.

I would not go raw liver, but quickly passed in the saucepan. This will remove surface microbs (no good stomach acid=less mibrob killing) and will make the taste palatable. I am also in this case and like tartare! She might like it like this too if she needs it.

I also like to "limon cook" fish and meat. It is absolutely true that there is a difference in digestion. I have also tried sauercrut for cooking beef meat and it works. It also seem to keep it fresh, as I have tried to do so outside the fridge, and the meat kept remarkebly well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals