Haidut Book?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi @haidut,

I seem to remember you discussing writing a book. Are you working on one?

I was thinking of writing one on diabesity/cancer/neurodegenerative conditions as these 3 account for more than 90% of chronic diseases. One other person from the forum already wrote a book on cancer and used a lot of the stuff written on the forum, so I guess what remains is diabesity and brain diseases like Alzheimer, ALS and CTE. The problem is that before releasing such a book I will have to somehow divest myself of the supplement business, as many of the interventions would be related to stuff I sell. So the book will be immediately condemned as marketing gimmick unless I sell the company like Ray did with his Progest-E. But I am definitely interested in it, selling supplements is not my end goal, spreading knowledge and freedom from medical oppression is more like it :):

Dhair

I was thinking of writing one on diabesity/cancer/neurodegenerative conditions as these 3 account for more than 90% of chronic diseases. One other person from the forum already wrote a book on cancer and used a lot of the stuff written on the forum, so I guess what remains is diabesity and brain diseases like Alzheimer, ALS and CTE. The problem is that before releasing such a book I will have to somehow divest myself of the supplement business, as many of the interventions would be related to stuff I sell. So the book will be immediately condemned as marketing gimmick unless I sell the company like Ray did with his Progest-E. But I am definitely interested in it, selling supplements is not my end goal, spreading knowledge and freedom from medical oppression is more like it :):
Man, I definitely wouldn't like to see you sell Idealabs... Look at what happened to Progest-E. Even Ray says he doesn't entirely trust the product anymore.

Kartoffel

Man, I definitely wouldn't like to see you sell Idealabs... Look at what happened to Progest-E. Even Ray says he doesn't entirely trust the product anymore.

Where does he say that?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Believe me, I don't want either but if any books are to be written the criticism will be just brutal that I am pushing products through the writing. I am already getting hate mail on a daily basis about that despite the fact that I have never advertised or recommended one of our products to anybody who has asked me a question on the forum or by email. We will see how it goes. Maybe there is middle ground.

tomisonbottom

Believe me, I don't want either but if any books are to be written the criticism will be just brutal that I am pushing products through the writing. I am already getting hate mail on a daily basis about that despite the fact that I have never advertised or recommended one of our products to anybody who has asked me a question on the forum or by email. We will see how it goes. Maybe there is middle ground.

Just do it through a ghost writer; or a pen name. :)

jitsmonkey

Your knowledge and information are invaluable
They also run counter to the Church Of Medicine doctrine that it will be dismissed and criticized anyway.
As you said, you do nothing to promote yourself and people already criticize.
Its the culture we live in and no amount of hope nor strategic divestment will change that.
with or without your supplement company stake.

I think the book would be an invaluable asset
I understand the purpose of divesting yourself but I think you only hurt yourself by doing that
And careful observation will demonstrate that clowns like Dave Asprey and Mark Sisson are making fortunes doing exactly that
writing and selling off their writing. I'm not saying you should do ANYTHING that they do I'm simply pointing out the fact
that perceived bias or REAL bias doesn't damage the consumption of the content. This is a common error made by people who
want to do good in the world. If anything your supplement company would INCREASE readership and impact not the opposite.
If the logic of "conflict of interest" being applied were true... Every single snake oil salesman would be broke. The reality is quite the contrary.
Dr. Oz, Sisson, Asprey, Mercola, Wolfe, the list is long.

Not trying to tell you what to do.
Just trying to say you're an invaluable asset and your work is infinitely appreciated.
A book should you decide to write one would be an invaluable contribution to humankind
and your stake or nonstake in a supplement company is unlikely to have any bearing at all on the final outcome/impact of the work you do.
If anything there is an enormous proof of concept that the opposite is true.

Lucenzo01

Write the book and put a link in it to your Ideaslab's site just to **** with the haters. If I have learnt something from Donald Trump is: when they criticise you for something you just hold the line, DOBLE DOWN and show the middle finger to them. You know you are right so go for it if everything is legal.

TLDR: **** the haters, they are good for nothing.

superhuman

@haidut would be great, but not at the expense of the idealabs. The supplements are just to great and all the work you do.
Would you be open to do some podcasts on different topics?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Your knowledge and information are invaluable
They also run counter to the Church Of Medicine doctrine that it will be dismissed and criticized anyway.
As you said, you do nothing to promote yourself and people already criticize.
Its the culture we live in and no amount of hope nor strategic divestment will change that.
with or without your supplement company stake.

I think the book would be an invaluable asset
I understand the purpose of divesting yourself but I think you only hurt yourself by doing that
And careful observation will demonstrate that clowns like Dave Asprey and Mark Sisson are making fortunes doing exactly that
writing and selling off their writing. I'm not saying you should do ANYTHING that they do I'm simply pointing out the fact
that perceived bias or REAL bias doesn't damage the consumption of the content. This is a common error made by people who
want to do good in the world. If anything your supplement company would INCREASE readership and impact not the opposite.
If the logic of "conflict of interest" being applied were true... Every single snake oil salesman would be broke. The reality is quite the contrary.
Dr. Oz, Sisson, Asprey, Mercola, Wolfe, the list is long.

Not trying to tell you what to do.
Just trying to say you're an invaluable asset and your work is infinitely appreciated.
A book should you decide to write one would be an invaluable contribution to humankind
and your stake or nonstake in a supplement company is unlikely to have any bearing at all on the final outcome/impact of the work you do.
If anything there is an enormous proof of concept that the opposite is true.

Thanks for the nice words! The book is under serious consideration, so if I manage to automate the company logistics a bit (which should happen this year) I will start writing bit by bit. I have quite a bit of material collected over the years and it just needs proper attention to get organized and put into a book with chapters that makes sense and flow.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut would be great, but not at the expense of the idealabs. The supplements are just to great and all the work you do.
Would you be open to do some podcasts on different topics?

Sure, and in fact Danny Roddy may restart the podcasts with me. So, there should be more podcasts with me this year.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Write the book and put a link in it to your Ideaslab's site just to **** with the haters. If I have learnt something from Donald Trump is: when they criticise you for something you just hold the line, DOBLE DOWN and show the middle finger to them. You know you are right so go for it if everything is legal.

TLDR: **** the haters, they are good for nothing.

Yeah, that's what will probably happen eventually. There will always be haters, so might as well do it.

Lore

Yeah, that's what will probably happen eventually. There will always be haters, so might as well do it.

Thank for considering to "do it".
selling supplements is not my end goal, spreading knowledge and freedom from medical oppression is more like it :):

If this statement is true, and I want to trust it is, please consider keeping "control" of your product, so we can continue to "trust you". We need "freedom from medical oppression" and you are a part of THAT! Please, let this be your driving force. "Let FREEDOM ring."

And thank you for all that you do for us.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank for considering to "do it".

If this statement is true, and I want to trust it is, please consider keeping "control" of your product, so we can continue to "trust you". We need "freedom from medical oppression" and you are a part of THAT! Please, let this be your driving force. "Let FREEDOM ring."

And thank you for all that you do for us.

No worries, I understand that if a company is to change hands and go to "professional businessmen" it would likely be quickly compromised for maximizing profit. So, for as long as I can continue to run it myself I will do so.
Thanks for the nice words!