Vitamin E During Fat Loss Thoughts?

Jon

I have been slowly changing bodyfat settling point over the last year to increase hormonal sensitivity ( I.e. Lower leptin, insulin, and other hormone amounts needed to have a functioning metabolism) I am about to enter another 4 week fat loss cycle which should result in 4lbs of fat loss and have been wondering about vitamin E supplementation during.

More specifically I was curious If there are any thoughts on the prevention of lipid perioxidation by vitamin E of my own fat stores during oxidation. I am reducing bf not only for future hormonal sensitivity but also for PUFA depletion (albeit perhaps this is a very aggressive way of depletion lol) so I was curious and hopeful if any of you would agree that by taking in the vitamin E equivalent to the amount of fat I'll be losing per day along with the amount needed for the minute amount of PUFA in my daily intake would halt lipid perioxidation from endogenous sources (my own bodyfat) just like it does the exogenous (from diet)?

And also, anyone know the ratio of selenium to E needed to maintain balance? Hard to find it.

Thanks for any input! And for future reference if this kind of post should be in another forum topic like "help" let me know as I'd like to abide by the community expectation.

Broken man

If you have decent vitamin E stores, I don't see a need to block lipolysis completely by aspirin and niacinamide since the free fatty acids in the blood will get saturated and should pose less danger. There are tons of studies showing vitamin E fully prevents harmful lipid peroxidation due to exercise. Taurine has been shown to do the same. I have lost most of my extra weight I gained on Peat by stopping niacinamide and aspirin, avoiding PUFA whenever possible, keeping vitamin E levels close to the upper normal range in labs, keeping protein normal (80g-100g), and not really restricting sugar except making sure I consume no starch like bread, rice, potatoes, etc. It actually worked quite easily and it took about 3 months to drop the 30 extra pounds I had, and the only exercise I do is walk several miles a day at a slow pace and do pushups 3 times a week. Not exactly a hardcore exercise schedule.
In terms of supplements, I am taking vitamin B1, B2, and B6 for mitochondrial health and sugar control. I also take my fat soluble vitamins K, A, D, E and I consume 8g-16g of Knox gelatin (2 Knox packets) with every meal as it has been shown to prevent weight gain on high sugar diet.
This does not mean that my formula will work for everybody. But at least you can control hyperglycemia with thiamine and I will post a separate thread on that later today. If you can control hyperglycemia, then insulin resistance should not be an issue even according to the Peatarian people whom I have seen argue that repeated insulin spikes is what causes insulin resistance.
I'd say keep doing what you feel works for you and there are any general guidelines those would be to avoid the PUFA, keep protein intake high (but make sure you get come gelatin with it), and try to consume most of your sugar as fruit. If know you have blood sugar issues, take thiamine 300mg with every meal. For some people the dosage may be higher and like I said I will post a separate thread on that later.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals