Hair Test

Ulla

@Ulla, thanks for the tip! This option seems reliable and it's so much cheaper than my local lab, unbelievable.

Yes. I was also very happy when I found a link how to get to Trace Elements for a reasonable price for someone from Europe.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Did you manage to get in contact with these labs and get a list? I'm trying to get one of these Eck hair tests done. I'm in Australia.
Yet the only answer I had from ARL was this one:
"Inasmuch as we are a laboratory, we do not deal directly with the general public. Our services are available to licensed health care practitioners.

If you would like a list of practitioners who use our services in your area, please let me know where you reside and I would be happy to e-mail a list to you. We do not quote prices inasmuch as each practitioner has their own fees."

Then I said yes please I am in Spain, and they did not send me any list.
I used this address:
information @ arltma.com

Yes. I was also very happy when I found a link how to get to Trace Elements for a reasonable price for someone from Europe.
For Spain the did not charge me anything for sending the kit, great, that was around 90€

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

Trace elements has this in Spain:
Välkommen till Trace Elements Inc. i ESPAÑA
But you have to go through a therapist.

All I found in other countries are different methods, and for toxic metals, and they wash hair (they say you can send it in any normal envelop!)

tara

I'm considering whether to pursue the hair testing.

I understand if one is going to get a hair test one needs to allow any added colouring to grow out, and to avoid a few particular shampoos and other products that specifically add minerals to the hair (most shampoos don't - don't think mine are an issue).

Wondering whether it is useless to test while taking various supplements, and whether it would be much more informative to try to taper off as many as possible, or particular ones, before testing?
And then how long to wait after that before taking a sample? Long enough for the new unsupplemented hair to grow out? Or longer?

In my case, I am not sure that I would be able to stop all of the supplements and medicines without a pretty clear plan of how to deal with the consequences - may be useful to know which tactics affect the analyses more or less. My experience without drugs is frequent severe debilitating multiday migraines, and aside from the personal suffering, I have dependent children so I can't do too much of that even if I was hopeful of leading to a good outcome in the end.

If it would make sense, I could try cutting back as far as poss, maybe completely, on some supplements.

m_arch

Im also getting a kit sent to me in Australia done by trace elements, 'interclinical.com.au' for those interested in Australia

OP
Xisca

Xisca

@tara I am almost sure they do not say to stop your supplements, and I do not see why. You need to know how you are while using them: this is your current daily life and that's what you want to assess.

For hair dye: maybe go on with the front part, as you take hair from the back, where longer hairs hide the roots!
This can be ok for doing the test once as a basic informations...

My experience with going dye free, though it was only henna...
I went off after a journey 7 years ago, because I did not dye: I cut my hair super short when I came back.

I wanted to do it but hesitated of course... During this journey, there was a woman who had dark long hair and a lot of white hairs in it, and she was quite young and beautiful. People told her how they admired her bravour! Actually, many women there said they would love to feel FREE to do it!

The inner dialogue I did: connect with admiring the freedom of this woman - connect with my feelings of "looking older" - connect 1 connect 2 - etc.
I noticed the difference so much that it was just stupid! If it makes you laugh, then nervous discharge, good!
Then I visualized this woman and myself with the 2 different views: 1 deserve admiration, the other deserves shame?
Ok, if I cannot admire myself, could I imagine that people were going to admire me the same as this woman?
Certainly....
When you change this and connect with being proud of yourself and see how we are not free when we want to, then you can do it and get some good feelings about it.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

@gbolduev
http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/Oxidation Types 1104.htm
"Only two laboratories do not wash the hair, Analytical Research Laboratories that Dr. Eck founded, and Trace Elements, Inc., (TEI) founded by a student of Dr. Eck’s. I do not recommend using TEI at this time, as their graphs are hard to read, the programs are not nearly as good, and in fact are horribly incorrect. For more on this subject, read Hair Analysis Interpretation Methods And Laboratories on this website."

Is he objective?

jaa

ARL stands for more than one...
Googling with adding hair test, I think it is this one :
ARL Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis

with bad news for ARL test: no international order...
Edit: it seems that this is the case in hair analysis report, who offers the 2 labs that you can choose from.
How nice all that it says!
"We offer the only complete individualized test interpretation by the method developed by the late Dr. Paul C. Eck, our founder. This 15-20 page report is unique as it includes information related to one's metabolic rate, energy levels, sugar and carbohydrate tolerance, immune system, autonomic balance, glandular activity and metabolic trends, a personal dietary supplement program, basic diet recommendations and other information that can be inferred from the test results.

We offer the only personalized transition dietary plan based entirely upon the results of one's hair tissue mineral analysis. This 25 page report includes three transition diets, menu plans and a wealth of information covering food preparation, eating habits, changing one's habits, cooking, shopping and other valuable information."

What they can see is just incredible!

Anyone able to get a hold of these guys? I've sent a few messages and haven't heard a response yet.

Any Canadians labs out there?

jaa

@gbolduev
http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/Oxidation Types 1104.htm
"Only two laboratories do not wash the hair, Analytical Research Laboratories that Dr. Eck founded, and Trace Elements, Inc., (TEI) founded by a student of Dr. Eck’s. I do not recommend using TEI at this time, as their graphs are hard to read, the programs are not nearly as good, and in fact are horribly incorrect. For more on this subject, read Hair Analysis Interpretation Methods And Laboratories on this website."

Is he objective?

Not sure what gbolduev thinks about Wilson's thoughts on this issue specifically, but in general he thinks he's a crazy man.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Where did you purchase the hair analysis?

I contact ARL labs and they send me a list of practitioners in France where I live that do this hair mineral analysis
Why don't you relax
Because people are lazy, they just ask questions where they are.
And then as you do, you tell me subtlely, in a way that you can answer "you did not mean anything bad", that I just should relax when I point that you do not use the only few topics in this forum...
So @EIRE24, why didn't you apologize like Ella did in the pfs topic, when she was told that the thread was about pfs?

"Can you keep this to another one of gboldeuv's theads. This is for pfs. Thanks."
"So sorry, will do."

If members do not use the threads well, there is no thread called Q&A.
It is more important in some particular threads.
=> I did not answer you in the Q&A thread....
It should be like the thread quoting RP emails: there is a thread about discussing about them, separately.

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

@Vicecaz how many practitionner are there in France?
In Spain 4.

I chose the direct way, as it might be cheaper, and nobody near me anyway...
How much does it cost you through a practitionner?

EIRE24

Because people are lazy, they just ask questions where they are.
And then as you do, you tell me subtlely, in a way that you can answer "you did not mean anything bad", that I just should relax when I point that you do not use the only few topics in this forum...
So @EIRE24, why didn't you apologize like Ella did in the pfs topic, when she was told that the thread was about pfs?

"Can you keep this to another one of gboldeuv's theads. This is for pfs. Thanks."
"So sorry, will do."

If members do not use the threads well, there is no thread called Q&A.
It is more important in some particular threads.
=> I did not answer you in the Q&A thread....
It should be like the thread quoting RP emails: there is a thread about discussing about them, separately.
Apologize for asking a question? Get over yourself!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

... in the wrong thread, and I was not unpolite in asking. You could perfectly have said something like you were sorry and were going to repeat your question in the right thread.... I made other notice before, and they just asked where it was...

I knew you were not going to like it, but I am fed up with people asking something else than a quetion to Gb in a thread that is long, and then when politely asked to put the question in the right thread, treat the asker as if she was the uncorrect person!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Thanks! It is 90$ and is from doctors data Hair Elements | Doctor's Data
They do not say if they wash the hair or not... and who knows if it is really an absolute requise that they don't wash the hair?
Only 2 labs say they do not and that this is important. ERL and trace elements.

ruprmurdoch

Does consuming minerals, like zinc, cooper, etc and vitamins b, can distort hair test results ?

Ella

Forum Supporter
Does consuming minerals, like zinc, cooper, etc and vitamins b, can distort hair test results ?

Hair, fingernails, toe nails, pubic hair or beard hair will be a snap shot of whatever you ingest; food, supplements, toxins; anything applied topically to the skin, shampoos which contain selenium or zinc will be reflected in the hair.

Only use baby shampoo.

If you dye your hair and even if you grow it out, chemicals in the dye will deposit themselves in the body tissues. If you wear lipstick; many contain lead; the lead will deposit into tissue. Underarm deordorents will deposit aluminium. If you wear mineral makeup, many of them contain heavy metals which will show in the hair.

Don't forget tattoes, the minerals in the inks will deposit into tissues and will be reflected in the hair. Don't get tats or you will poison yourself. It is a stupid thing to do because they are permanent. Removal is expensive. If you live in a highly polluted area, it will show up, provided your liver is not overburden and is able to excrete them. If liver is backed up, you will not see them in the hair as the body tucks them away in deep tissue sites.

It is important not to wash hair if you want to know your sodium and potassium levels. If the hair is washed the results are not valid in knowing whether you are a fast or slow oxidiser. You will blow you money. So make sure the lab you use is using the correct method.

Vicecaz

@Vicecaz how many practitionner are there in France?
In Spain 4.

I chose the direct way, as it might be cheaper, and nobody near me anyway...
How much does it cost you through a practitionner?
Sorry I didn't'see your reply
There is only 2 in France .. and they are far away from my place too
As you said, the only two labs that doesn't wash the hair before are ARL and tracelements . I didn't find a way to get tracelements in France .

So it seems like I'll have a " basic " test .

I found those two
https://www.mineralcheck.com/products/mineral+test

Category: Hair Mineral Analysis tests | Hair Mineral Analysis UK

If anyone has any recommandation , it is welcome

InChristAlone

Hair, fingernails, toe nails, pubic hair or beard hair will be a snap shot of whatever you ingest; food, supplements, toxins; anything applied topically to the skin, shampoos which contain selenium or zinc will be reflected in the hair.

Only use baby shampoo.

If you dye your hair and even if you grow it out, chemicals in the dye will deposit themselves in the body tissues. If you wear lipstick; many contain lead; the lead will deposit into tissue. Underarm deordorents will deposit aluminium. If you wear mineral makeup, many of them contain heavy metals which will show in the hair.

Don't forget tattoes, the minerals in the inks will deposit into tissues and will be reflected in the hair. Don't get tats or you will poison yourself. It is a stupid thing to do because they are permanent. Removal is expensive. If you live in a highly polluted area, it will show up, provided your liver is not overburden and is able to excrete them. If liver is backed up, you will not see them in the hair as the body tucks them away in deep tissue sites.

It is important not to wash hair if you want to know your sodium and potassium levels. If the hair is washed the results are not valid in knowing whether you are a fast or slow oxidiser. You will blow you money. So make sure the lab you use is using the correct method.
Do you mean th lab can't wash the hair? When I did mine it said to use freshly washed hair, I just used a plain shampoo and rinsed really well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals