Cholesterol Powder - Steroid Hormone Precursor Available For Lab/Research Use

chispas

The Ray Peat Forum. Only place in the world people are trying to increase cholesterol levels. Love it here.

Can this be the new slogan for the forum.? Maybe just as a warning to newcomers clicking over from Mayo Clinic or some other internet nonsense.

tankasnowgod

Recieved my order a couple days ago, and have been trying it out. As others have noted, there is a weird smell, but I only notice it when I open the bag. It doesn't have any real taste that I've noticed. I've mixed with cottage cheese and with milk, both were fine, though I think I'll stick with mixing it in a little milk. I plan on taking it in the evening, right before bed. So far, so good.

Simba1992

I 100% vouch for Debra and the opening of her new business. She is part of my family and a wonderful woman whom everyone loves in her local community. She has an incredible amount of love and compassion that I admire. I hope the best for her new business and I feel that she will provide an great service to the Ray Peat community. She has been in the Peat community for a few years, but only lurking.

She is working on an opening announcement post, letting everyone know who she is, etc. But she had to go to her daytime job, so that will not be till later.

Why would you take thyroid when you can eat it from an animal. :ss2 Why would you take any supplement when you can get it from nature? Obviously she is offering this for research and development purposes and it is up to the researcher to decide how they want to handle it. This might be her only research product, I don't know. She is working on more products right now that will go in her regular store that I am excited about getting access to.
Perhaps this would be something for me to tryAfter my AIP diet disaster my cholesterol was nearly zero!

Pointless

I was doing an experiment with this for a week at 1/4 tsp per day. I noticed a negative change in the subject's mood, but it may not be related, so I cycled off of it. Sorry I can't be much more help.

Simba1992

"They go low, we go high."
I have really been quite worried about my nearly nonexistent cholesterol after my disastrous AIP diet treatment.I have been peating now for about a month. Have not had my blood tested yet but wodering if it would be an idea to supplement with cholesterol powder. Really need advice on thisThank you

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
2. Will the organism use the powder immediately for synthesis?
I notice immediate results in my test subjects.

Some notes:

-Nocturnal erections on the first night, and subsequent nights. Diamond cutter level 9000 achieved.
-Subjects seem more robust, ready to go, more vivacious. For a moment thought they might roar like a lion.

Definitely an interesting substance that my lab continues to test. And if I am not mistaken this will go good with @haiduts Lanosterol so will be testing this combination out in the near future.

I will also note that very small doses (50mg-100mg human equivalent doses) were used, might step it up on the next round of tests and see how subjects respond.

:hattip

Epistrophy

Lab subject has taken 100mg to 800mg with not much notice of any changes.

@charlie Any tips on research methods?

What is the method of delivery?

Thanks
I notice immediate results in my test subjects.

Some notes:

-Nocturnal erections on the first night, and subsequent nights. Diamond cutter level 9000 achieved.
-Subjects seem more robust, ready to go, more vivacious. For a moment thought they might roar like a lion.

Definitely an interesting substance that my lab continues to test. And if I am not mistaken this will go good with @haiduts Lanosterol so will be testing this combination out in the near future.

I will also note that very small doses (50mg-100mg human equivalent doses) were used, might step it up on the next round of tests and see how subjects respond.

:hattip

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have really been quite worried about my nearly nonexistent cholesterol after my disastrous AIP diet treatment.I have been peating now for about a month. Have not had my blood tested yet but wodering if it would be an idea to supplement with cholesterol powder. Really need advice on thisThank you
The cholesterol powder is for laboratory and research purposes only. It is up to the researcher to decide how they want to conduct their experiments. I do have a test subject that is very low cholesterol and am going to move forward with tests to see how said subject responds to the supplemented cholesterol powder. I will post results here when available.

Simba1992

The cholesterol powder is for laboratory and research purposes only. It is up to the researcher to decide how they want to conduct their experiments. I do have a test subject that is very low cholesterol and am going to move forward with tests to see how said subject responds to the supplemented cholesterol powder. I will post results here when available.
Ok, waiting to hear about results

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So how much are you giving your subject? What is the weight of the subject? Is the subject human?
Thankful for answers:):
As I stated above I have given the human equivalent of 50mg-100mg cholesterol powder per dose. Dosing one time a day. I always like to start experiments with very small doses. My first two experiments pretty much gave the same exact results. I hope to start up a third experiment soon and I might give two doses a day as opposed to one to see if that makes a difference. Then for another experiment I might try doubling the dose, one time a day.

Simba1992

As I stated above I have given the human equivalent of 50mg-100mg cholesterol powder per dose. Dosing one time a day. I always like to start experiments with very small doses. My first two experiments pretty much gave the same exact results. I hope to start up a third experiment soon and I might give two doses a day as opposed to one to see if that makes a difference. Then for another experiment I might try doubling the dose, one time a day.

Thank You:praying:

schultz

Maybe using emoticons will help

Hey I just gave this exact advice in a different thread!

Well, you will concede that the words "safety" and "cholesterol" in the same post made on a Ray Peat forum warrant a few questions :cow::cyclops::hungry::jimlad::happy::headphone::lurking:

Excellent use of emoticons sir! :hattip I feel as though I really understand what you're saying now, finally!

On a serious note, I too was looking for a cholesterol product for a long time. There are some studies that show it potentiates the effects of an EFAD diet. I wanted to add cholesterol to the EFAD diet but a lot of the foods that contain cholesterol have PUFA in them which obviously ruins the diet. I'll find the study and post it!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

schultz

EFAD diet?

Look forward to it. :hattip

Essential fatty acid deficient. They tend to just say EFAD in the literature.

I did find the study I was thinking of, though it was done on gerbils and it's hard to extrapolate the amount of cholesterol they were getting given they it was a percentage of their food in grams.

Study: Assessment of the Essential Fatty Acid Requirement in Gerbils by Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Ratio

I think I will just start a new thread to discuss it because I want to tie in some other things. EDIT: Okay this post was still long... so I guess I lied. I was going to throw quotes from the paper in the thread I start.

The study basically says that when the body gets in the state of PUFA deficiency where it starts making Mead acid, adding cholesterol to the diet accentuates this and causes a lot more Mead acid to be made. The relationship between cholesterol and PUFA is quite interesting. We all know how eating PUFA can lower cholesterol as this is the basis for which vegetable oil is recommended for heart disease. I am not an expert on this topic, but I think the reason why vegetable oil lowers cholesterol is because cholesterol is having a protective effect on the body against the PUFA. I'm not sure how it does this, but in the study I linked above the low amount of PUFA combined with supplemental cholesterol seems to lower PUFA even more. The effect was only seen when the gerbil was already in the EFAD "zone". It is possible though that adding more cholesterol than the gerbils were getting would cause that zone to change in the direction where a person can eat a bit more PUFA and still be EFAD. It's speculation of course. However if someone is eating very low PUFA, like @tca300 and a few other forum members, adding the cholesterol would have a large effect on Mead acid production and possibly the other effects of EFAD.

I am going to generalize this, but I think if a person is eating 0.5% of their calories or less as PUFA, so under 1.38g for a person eating 2,500 calories, they would have an effect on Mead acid if taking supplemental cholesterol. Furthermore, if someone is eating 0.25% of their calories or less as PUFA (0.7g of PUFA or less) then they will probably have quite a large effect on Mead acid if they are supplementing cholesterol. If you want to go all out you can add hydrogenated coconut oil (or possibly MCT oil) and some CLA, both of which would potentiate the EFAD further (though I am not sure about the safety of CLA). Infact in this study they had a HCO + cholesterol group. There are studies on the combination of CLA and coconut oil in regards to fat loss.

Below is taken from the study. Notice right around 1% mark the increase in triene:tetraene ratio. At around 0.25% of linoleate in the diet notice how high the ratio is for the hydrogenated coconut oil + cholesterol group. They don't plot the curve for the fat-free and fat-free + cholesterol group, but you can see the the triangles indicating the levels at the far left. The open triangle being around 1.5 and the filled in triangle at 1, and that's at like 0.1% PUFA or lower (almost impossible while eating regular food... like 250mg of PUFA or less). The HCO + Cholesterol group is already higher than the fat-free group at around 0.5% linoleate. Keep in mind this is measuring the triene:tetraene ratio and not the total levels of mead acid. I believe the fat-free + cholesterol group had the highest Mead acid by a small amount, it's just that the addition of HCO displaces some arachidonic acid, which changes the ratio. Both cholesterol groups (HCO + Fat-free) had low levels of various other PUFA's, like in the liver phospholipids for example.

trienetetraene.jpg

As for the dose? It's hard to say as the cholesterol in the diet is a percentage of the total weight of the food + minerals. I am going to guess and say that it's between 500mg to 1g of cholesterol for a human. So if someone is going to try the William Brown diet for 6 months or something, try supplementing some cholesterol with it at the same time.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Essential fatty acid deficient. They tend to just say EFAD in the literature.
Aaaah ok. Yeh I duckduckgo'd it and did not see anything.

I'm not sure how it does this, but in the study I linked above the low amount of PUFA combined with supplemental cholesterol seems to lower PUFA even more.
Fascinating.
It is possible though that adding more cholesterol than the gerbils were getting would cause that zone to change in the direction where a person can eat a bit more PUFA and still be EFAD.
That would be dreamy. :D

Below is taken from the study. Notice right around 1% mark the increase in triene:tetraene ratio. At around 0.25% of linoleate in the diet notice how high the ratio is for the hydrogenated coconut oil + cholesterol group. They don't plot the curve for the fat-free and fat-free + cholesterol group, but you can see the the triangles indicating the levels at the far left. The open triangle being around 1.5 and the filled in triangle at 1, and that's at like 0.1% PUFA or lower (almost impossible while eating regular food... like 250mg of PUFA or less). The HCO + Cholesterol group is already higher than the fat-free group at around 0.5% linoleate. Keep in mind this is measuring the triene:tetraene ratio and not the total levels of mead acid. I believe the fat-free + cholesterol group had the highest Mead acid by a small amount, it's just that the addition of HCO displaces some arachidonic acid, which changes the ratio. Both cholesterol groups (HCO + Fat-free) had low levels of various other PUFA's, like in the liver phospholipids for example.
Going to source some hydrogenated coconut oil and run the experement again and see if any changes are noticed. :hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals