The Perfect Supplement - Caffeine, Nicotine And Methylene Blue

johnwester130

This is absolutely a must read

TIME #14: BIOHACKING "TIME" WITH METHYLENE BLUE - Living an Optimized Life

Dr. Jack Kruse

Nicotine benefits :

Nicotine USP Solution in 100% Propylene Glycol (30 mL) - BlueBrainBoost
  • Decreased risk of ulcerative colitis. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of aphthous ulcer. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of Parkinson's Disease. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of atopic disorders, including asthma. (Resource)
  • Nicotine can treat tubercolosis. (Resource)
  • Carbon Monoxide acts similary to Nitric Oxide, dilating blood vessels and preventing the formation of blood clots. (Resource)
  • Smoking lowers estrogen and decreases the risk for breast cancer. (Resource)
  • Nicotine improves cognitive performance in patients with Down Syndrom. (Resource)
  • Reduced risk of osteoarthritis. (Resource)
  • Smoking inhibits MAO-B. (Resource)
  • Smoking increases Glutathione and catalase, both antioxidants. (Resource)
  • Smoking increases testosterone and DHEA. (Resource)
  • Smoking reduces IGF-1, extending lifespan. (Resource)
  • Smoking reduces risk of colorectal cancer. (Resource)
  • Decreased risk of thyroid cancer. (Resource)

Reading Jack Kruse is all fun and games until you realize that he claims fish oil ties it all together.

Filip1993

It's important to remember that smoking tobacco is different from using pure nicotine, like coffee and caffeine. A lot of those studies refers to smoking tobacco.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

True.

but what I am saying is, if someone combined these 3 ingredients, it would be a great supplement.

misery guts

His writing style is impenetrable and he has the kind of ego that makes it very hard to trust what he says when you lack the scientific knowledge (as I do) to meaningfully assess his statements. Thankfully there are people like @tyw who are kind enough to share their knowledge with us. I can't remember the exact page to start at now, but Kruse's ideas are pretty much demolished by Tyw in this thread - https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/take-it-slow.9428/page-58

That's not to say those substances are necessarily harmful - Peat's mentioned caffeine and MB numerous times, and I think even nicotine has a positive mention on the emails wiki. I just personally won't be reading Kruse or trying any of his advice from now on. Also, Tyw has mentioned that those substances may have some negative effects if you have particular methylation issues - he mentions caffeine/mb as potentially problematic elsewhere, but his personal nicotine use is detailed here: Coffee Is Good For You—unless It’s Not!

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

His writing style is impenetrable and he has the kind of ego that makes it very hard to trust what he says when you lack the scientific knowledge (as I do) to meaningfully assess his statements. Thankfully there are people like @tyw who are kind enough to share their knowledge with us. I can't remember the exact page to start at now, but Kruse's ideas are pretty much demolished by Tyw in this thread - Take It Slow | Page 58 | Jack Kruse Optimal Health Forum

That's not to say those substances are necessarily harmful - Peat's mentioned caffeine and MB numerous times, and I think even nicotine has a positive mention on the emails wiki. I just personally won't be reading Kruse or trying any of his advice from now on. Also, Tyw has mentioned that those substances may have some negative effects if you have particular methylation issues - he mentions caffeine/mb as potentially problematic elsewhere, but his personal nicotine use is detailed here: Coffee Is Good For You—unless It’s Not!

we are talking about nicotine, methylene blue and caffeine.

most people agree they are positive

Gl;itch.e

True.

but what I am saying is, if someone combined these 3 ingredients, it would be a great supplement.
we are talking about nicotine, methylene blue and caffeine.

most people agree they are positive

I combine Coffee, Caffeine and MB all the time. I have also used Nicotine gum in the past along side Coffee and Caffeine. Not with MB as well though. Not sure it would make much of a noticable difference, but hey, I still have some and Im pretty stressed at the mo so why not try! :):

Lucenzo01

Nicotine isn't healthy by itself. Tobacco is much more than nicotine and it's one of the best substances on earth. I would say the combo aspirin + caffeine + niacinamide + tobacco = WIN.

biffbelvin

From my experiences i would consider the broader physiological effects of smoking to be similar to a stress hormone. Helpful in the short term, harmful in the long run, and good at masking wider systemic issues (some of which I'm sure it causes).

After smoking between 3-5 cigarettes daily for 8 years i would try to dissuade anyone wanting to start.

I couldn't speak for vaporizers or gum though.

TubZy

Nicotine isn't healthy by itself. Tobacco is much more than nicotine and it's one of the best substances on earth. I would say the combo aspirin + caffeine + niacinamide + tobacco = WIN.

Why though, where are you basing that claim from? Nicotine is pretty peat friendly and it increases progesterone and allopreg, pro metabolic, increases DHT, lowers estrogen even in the brain. The studies were on specifically nicotine.

Tobacco feels more "dirty" to me plus you get all the fillers and excipients and smoke in itself is estrogenic and burning chemicals can change them into carcinogens.

schultz

With nicotine I am worried about the NO boost and nicotines relationship with dental caries. It seems to actually increase the strength of s. mutans colonies and I like my teeth.

Effect of nicotine on dual-species biofilms of Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sanguinis. - PubMed - NCBI
"The data further confirm that nicotine is able to enhance the growth of S. mutans."

Effect of nicotine on growth and metabolism of Streptococcus mutans. - PubMed - NCBI
These results suggest that smoking can increase the development of caries by fostering increased formation of S. mutans biofilm on tooth surfaces.

Effect of cigarette smoke exposure on the growth of Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sanguis: an in vitro study. - PubMed - NCBI
In conclusion, it seems that the growth of S. sanguis and S. mutans is accelerated in the vicinity of cigarette smoke.

Effect of nicotine on cariogenic virulence of Streptococcus mutans. - PubMed - NCBI
This study demonstrated that nicotine can influence the pathogenicity of S. mutans and may lead to increased dental caries through the production of more lactate and the upregulation of virulence genes.

Nicotine promotes Streptococcus mutans extracellular polysaccharide synthesis, cell aggregation and overall lactate dehydrogenase activity. - PubMed - NCBI
In conclusion, nicotine stimulates S. mutans planktonic cell Gtf and Gbp expression. This leads to more planktonic cells attaching to the dental biofilm. Increased cell numbers within biofilm results in higher overall LDH activity. This contributes to caries development in smokers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28598524

Nokoni

peep

Decreased risk of ulcerative colitis. (Resource)

Hmm I heard that the chance to get Ulcerative Colitis is actually higher in people which stop smoking.
But its right that smoking helps those who already developed Ulcerative Colitis.

I dont really know if its because of nicotine or other ingredients in smoke, but starting nicotine now + eventually stopping it at some point in live, thus having an actual higher risk
wouldnt be "decreased risk of ulcerative colitis".

Maybe a decrease in risk of flares of UC patients.

Ulcerative colitis in smokers, non-smokers and ex-smokers

Back
Top Bottom