Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)

Hi

What can you say about this drug? My dad is taking it and still complains about palpitation sometimes.

Is aspirin much better?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi

What can you say about this drug? My dad is taking it and still complains about palpitation sometimes.

Is aspirin much better?
If your dad is using xarelto for a-fib it will not stop the palpitations but hopefully prevent clot formation from blood pooling do to the impaired pumping action of the atria (upper chambers of the heart).
I don't know if aspirin adequate for such a scenario but hopefully if someone knows more they will reply.

jaakkima

Bump. Curious if there is any insight on Xarelto. I'm in the situation of going back on warfarin. Theoretically inhibiting Factor Xa sounds a lot better than inhibiting Vitamin K and all the ways that messes with my health. Seems risky though. Near 20000 lawsuits against Xarelto, don't know if that's standard.

Last edited:

GAF

A client's sister took it and promptly bled to death. They have no antidote, as far as I have read. Way too risky.

jaakkima

Yeah they clearly warn that there's no antidote. Sorry to hear about that tragedy...

Makaveli

If he is going to stop it then it would be better to taper down the dose as there is a Black Box Warning against abrupt discontinuation

Taotatoes

A client's sister took it and promptly bled to death. They have no antidote, as far as I have read. Way too risky.

My condolences. May I ask what was the cause of her to bleed out while on Xeralto? I took it for 10 months without much issue aside from toes going blue temporarily, a few muscle twitches, hairloss and minor rashes. I was aware of there being no antidote, so I avoided activity that put me at risk of falls or cuts, also absolutely no alcohol. Also stayed within reasonable distance of hospitals because I was a bit paranoid/anxious about it all. It was limiting, but after my research not as bad as taking warfarin on a long term basis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals