Warm Hands But Not With Pinky Fingertips

Djukami

Every time I have warm hands they are all red with some white spots. I have seen people here mentioning beautiful pinky fingers, but as far as I remember, I've never had such a thing in my entire life.
Also, the more inflamed I feel, the more red with white spots they become.
I've attached some pictures to show how they look like.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    370 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 74

bcopeland

Warm hands but pinky fingertips are cool?
If you get some tingling sensations as well it sounds like ulner nerve entrapments. Since it is both sides it could be coming from your lower cervical / upper thoracic spine. Often this is called thoracic outlet syndrome. If your posture isn't so hot then that would be my first suspicion.

If you are getting all of those symptoms you can youtube search for ulnar nerve glide, floss, or slides and see if that helps. Might also search for "Z-Health Performance Solutions" and "carpal tunnel" or "nerve glide".

Brian

OP
D

Djukami

Warm hands but pinky fingertips are cool?
No, all my hand is warm. I was just mentioning that when I have warm hands, all my hand is red. While I've read here many many times, using the reference of having warm hands equals to only having pinky/red fingertips and the body of the hand with simply skin color - My RESULTS-IN-6-MONTHS Plan - remembering this thread from nate, for instance

"7.) If Zinc/Iodine supplementation does not produce pink/red toes and fingers you must add in thyroid. If you take Zinc and Iodine and your fingers and toes turn red/pink (with recent meal eaten) You don't need to take thyroid, but it can be optional for a short period of time to get a boost, if you like. Take Zinc/Iodine as needed to maintain red/pink color in extremities, but no more than needed."

In my case, warm hands equals totally red hands. Bah, perhaps I'm just being too picky about it...

If you get some tingling sensations as well it sounds like ulner nerve entrapments. Since it is both sides it could be coming from your lower cervical / upper thoracic spine. Often this is called thoracic outlet syndrome. If your posture isn't so hot then that would be my first suspicion.
Well, you mentioned some things here that I've never read about them. I think it is not my case, because I never mentioned warm hands but cool fingertips in this thread (where did you that come from? I suppose you were just guessing :p ).
Nevertheless, I don't get tingling sensations... I used to have it a lot in the past, but now I don't have it. Curiously enough, few days ago, I tried re drinking milk, I noticed how my posture really changed and how I have developed new bone in my spine which seemed disproportional to the rest of it. I had those tingling sensations again and I've actually lost some skin sensitivity in some parts of my body (right side of my neck and on my left thumb, for instance). (which again I used to have in the past).
When you say "posture isn't so hot", you mean not having a straight spine? Well, if that's so, indeed, my posture is pretty garbage. I tend to be conscious about it, but after eating some food and feeling bloated, it's very difficult to straight my back. My stomach and gut really push my posture to a slump position. While I am in the fasted state, right after waking up for example, it's much easier. So, sometimes I think my bad posture is due to my gut essentially. Or perhaps I should force my stomach/gut to extend their length a little bit by straightening my posture. I do feel the tense when I force it. I would rather remove the bloating though :/

I will still check what you've mentioned. Thank you!

Last edited:

Energizer

Having had red hands like that when I have symptoms of high estrogen I imagine it might be associated with that. In hypothyroidism, the blood tends to be thicker, the heart pumps less efficiently. whereas in hyperthyroidism the blood is very thin. Pooling of blood in hands and swelling is probably a hypo symptom.

OP
D

Djukami

When I eat dairy products they become really worse... High estrogen? Bulging veins is also a symptom. They can almost look like this:
Figure2ahand.jpg

Again, my hands are like this as far as I can remember. Perhaps now they are worse since I am getting older.
It seems they call it Palmar Erythema - Palmar Erythema (What is it, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment) - Improve Your Health - and they mention liver's health... Of course, when one talks about liver, thyroid is also involved.

Here they mention hyperthyroidism. But this is a random picture from the internet... And I have indeed the classic signs of hypothyroidism.
slide_20.jpg

jaakkima

Your uploaded pictures here look a lot like how my hands look, for quite some time now. Another piece of a puzzle... The first thing palmar erythema is said to be related to is nitric oxide, apparently.

Last edited:

Bart1

I have the same issue; i suspect high estrogen and histamine intolerance

Sorry but your leg and the carpet on the background look like dead Yeti.

Kyle Bigman

I have this problem too. I also worry about Wilson's disease, liver issues, and anemia. So I'm curious about what this can mean. I think we need to find the underlying cause.

Bart1

I have this problem too. I also worry about Wilson's disease, liver issues, and anemia. So I'm curious about what this can mean. I think we need to find the underlying cause.
How do your nails look? Any clubbing, spooning, vertical ridges etc?

Kyle Bigman

I'm not sure except for those white area near the finger at the base of the nail...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 6.52.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 6.52.15 PM.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 37

Bart1

I'm not sure except for those white area near the finger at the base of the nail...
Wilson’s disease is pretty rare actually. I myself been tested for it. I have hemochromatosis which is actually more common. Excessive iron can interfere with the absorption of other minerals. This is one of the issues I have, besides the obvious fact that excessive iron gives oxidative damage. My nails and fingers looks worrying. Blood tests only don’t reveal this yet.

Bart1

White area could indicate Terry’s nails, although your not there yet so I wouldn’t worry too much and work on your health.

Kyle Bigman

Wilson’s disease is pretty rare actually. I myself been tested for it. I have hemochromatosis which is actually more common. Excessive iron can interfere with the absorption of other minerals. This is one of the issues I have, besides the obvious fact that excessive iron gives oxidative damage. My nails and fingers looks worrying. Blood tests only don’t reveal this yet.
Can you have hemochromatosis without high ferritin?

Bart1

Can you have hemochromatosis without high ferritin?
I don’t know for sure. My mother has it as well but doesn’t have a high ferritin. It could be that hypothyroidism could cause the blood iron levels to appear low but I think ferritin is an important marker for hemochromatosis.