Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Prota

There are plenty of studies on dosages. We should not be guessing on this stuff. Just pay attention to the J/cm^2 in each study. For thyroid use there have been a variety of wavelengths tested with a variety of doses. 830 nm for a total of 38 - 108 J/cm^2 has been tested with good results. Though I would keep the dosages on the low side of things as they did not test for damage to cells.
Low-level laser in the treatment of patients with hypothyroidism induced by chronic autoimmune thyroiditis: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinic... - PubMed - NCBI
700 j/cm2 pretty safe

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

Short term or infrequent use of the near infrared spectrum is not going to be a problem, my concern is daily long term use, the study above is for ten sessions, and does show positive results, but your not going to completely reverse your hypothyroidism and all the related endocrine imbalances in ten sessions. It is going to take most people 2-3 months of daily light therapy to fully regain normal thyroid functioning and just shinning the light on the thyroid will not bring complete endocrine homeostasis, for that you will need to shine the light in your open eyes.

The other thing about infrared is we are already constantly surrounded by infrared radiation, actually all matter emits infrared energy including our own bodies and everything in your house, its a large spectrum from 700 nm to 1000000 nm.

Visible light on the other hand is a very unique narrow spectrum of light in the 400 nm - 700 nm wavelength range that profoundly effects our world and consciousness, this is the spectrum of light were photosynthesis becomes possible and also allows us to see our beautiful world because of the biological conversion of visible light photons into electrical signals.

All of nature is is the full expression of the complete electromagnetic spectrum, yet its is this narrow spectrum of visible light that plants and trees convert in to life sustaining energy, we then eat these plants and other animal that eat these plants so we can have energy and life.

Getting concentrated photons of the visible spectrum of light especially in the 600 nm - 700 nm wavelength range on your body and through your eyes brings that energy directly into your cells, glands and brain, enhancing all physiological functioning, thereby greatly improving the quality of life.

Last edited:

Prota

Short term or infrequent use of the near infrared spectrum is not going to be a problem, my concern is daily long term use, the study above is for ten sessions, and does show positive results, but your not going to completely reverse your hypothyroidism and all the related endocrine imbalances in ten sessions. It is going to take most people 2-3 months of daily light therapy to fully regain normal thyroid functioning and just shinning the light on the thyroid will not bring complete endocrine homeostasis, for that you will need to shine the light in your open eyes.

The other thing about infrared is we are already constantly surrounded by infrared radiation, actually all matter emits infrared energy including our own bodies and everything in your house, its a large spectrum from 700 nm to 1000000 nm.

Visible light on the other hand is a very unique narrow spectrum of light in the 400 nm - 700 nm wavelength range that profoundly effects our world and consciousness, this is the spectrum of light were photosynthesis becomes possible and also allows us to see our beautiful world because of the biological conversion of visible light photons into electrical signals.

All of nature is is the full expression of the complete electromagnetic spectrum, yet its is this narrow spectrum of visible light that plants and trees convert in to life sustaining energy, we then eat these plants and other animal that eat these plants so we can have energy and life.

Getting concentrated photons of the visible spectrum of light especially in the 600 nm - 700 nm wavelength range on your body and through your eyes brings that energy directly into your cells, glands and brain, enhancing all physiological functioning, thereby greatly improving the quality of life.
I have infrared 830 device (my wife's lower abdomen; 10 cm distance; 200 mW/cm2; 8 minutes; ~100 J/cm2; target - uterus and ovaries; frequency every other day). ET in october (4 frozen embryos).
On me, on thyroid, every other day around 60 J/cm2.
Our last chance, we are totally broke.
Red light device....maybe one day.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I have infrared 830 device (my wife's lower abdomen; 10 cm distance; 200 mW/cm2; 8 minutes; ~100 J/cm2; target - uterus and ovaries; frequency every other day). ET in october (4 frozen embryos).
On me, on thyroid, every other day around 60 J/cm2.
Our last chance, we are totally broke.
Red light device....maybe one day.

I understand, biggest concern with infrared is with eyes, face and head.

Would you explain j/cm2 in natural language, i do not find joules a helpful way to work with the lights, and most people will not know what this means... what brand and device are you using, how far from your thyroid are you holding the light and for how long?

This is the light i use, it has 610 nm ~ 630 nm ~ 670 nm wavelengths, i hold it right over my thyroid touching the skin for 8-10 min, for the first couple months i did this 2 x a day then went to 1x a day for few months, now only couple times a week, it costs $100. This is the same light i use for my eyes and testes. Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

I wish i knew what would be helpful for your wife but i have no experience with what she is going through, I'm sure the light you have will offer some good benefits, you probably are working with a doctor, maybe a holistically minded osteopath could be helpful if you can afford at some point.

Hang in there, i know with my life things always get to the point of complete chaos before real positive change occurs.

Dave Clark

Would you explain j/cm2 in natural language, i do not find joules a helpful way to work with the lights, and most people will not know what this means... what brand and device are you using, how far from your thyroid are you holding the light and for how long?

This is the light i use, it has 610 nm ~ 630 nm ~ 670 nm wavelengths, i hold it right over my thyroid touching the skin for 8-10 min, for the first couple months i did this 2 x a day then went to 1x a day for few months, now only couple times a week, it costs $100. This is the same light i use for my eyes and testes. Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

I wish i knew what would be helpful for your wife but i have no experience with what she is going through, I'm sure the light you have will offer some good benefits, you probably are working with a doctor, maybe a holistically minded osteopath could be helpful if you can afford at some point.

Hang in there, i know with my life things always get to the point of complete chaos before real positive change occurs.
Seems like Red Light Man thinks infrared is optimal for thyroid.
Ideal light for thyroid light therapy
As the thyroid gland is located under the skin and fat of the neck, infrared is the most studied type of light for thyroid treatment. This makes sense as it is more penetrative than visible red (Kolari, 1985; Kolarova et al., 1999; Enwemeka, 2003, Bjordal JM et al., 2003). However, red as low as 630nm has been studied as effective for thyroid (Morcos N et al., 2015), as it is a relatively superficial gland.

The following guidelines are recommended for successful thyroid light therapy:

• Infrared LEDs in the 700-910nm range.
    • 100mW/cm² or better power density
    • Few cm² or better beam area
  • The LED beam angle should be as narrow as possible – 90 degrees or less.
  • Therapy session times should be 5 – 15 minutes directly on the neck.
These guidelines are based on effective wavelengths in studies mentioned above, as well as studies on tissue penetration also mentioned above. Suggested session times come from light therapy results in other areas of the body, but should apply to the thyroid gland too. 4-6J/cm² is the dose typically considered ideal, however achieving this dose at the thyroid gland requires more application time than it would for the skin. Some of the other factors affecting penetration include; pulsing, power, intensity, tissue contact, polarization and coherence. Application time can be reduced if other factors are improved.

In the right strength, infrared LED lights could potentially affect the entire thyroid gland, front to back. Visible red wavelengths of light on the neck will also provide benefits, although a stronger device will be needed. This is because visible red is less penetrative as mentioned already. As a rough estimate, 90w+ red LEDs (620-700nm) should provide good benefits.

Other types of light therapy technology like low level lasers are fine, if you can afford them. Lasers are studied more frequently in the literature than LEDs, however LED light is generally considered equal in effect (Chaves ME et al., 2014. Kim WS, 2011. Min PK, 2013).

Heat lamps, incandescents and infrared saunas are not as practical for improving metabolic rate / hypothyroidism. This is due to wide beam angle, excess heat/inefficiency and wasteful spectrum. 1000w or more would be required for a significant effect. At this strength though, application to the thyroid would be very uncomfortable to say the least.

Bottom Line
  • Red or infrared light from an LED source (600-950nm) can be applied to the thyroid gland to treat hypothyroid states.
    • Thyroid hormone levels are improved in every study.
    • Light therapy can be used to wean off thyroid medication.
  • Thyroid system is complex. Diet and lifestyle should be addressed too.
  • Thyroid light therapy is probably the single most effective way to use light therapy, treating a foundational level of health.
  • Heat lamps/incandescent bulbs are not as effective or comfortable as LEDs or low level lasers.
Stick to LED light therapy or LLLT for maximum safety and benefits. Infrared (700-950nm) LEDs are optimal, visible red is fine too. Session time from 5-15 minutes depending on light strength/heat.

Prota

Crucial is power density of your device. I have single best option for deeper penetration: Infrared 830 Device - Red Light Man
You can use this formula:
power density (mW/cm2) * time (seconds) * 0.001 = dose (J/cm2)
For instance power dansity of my device is 200mW/cm2 at 10cm distance (very strong) so in front of my thyroid from 10cm distance and 5 minutes session:
200 * 300 * 0.001 = 60J/cm2
From greater distance like 70cm, power dansity of my device is 10mW/cm2 and in the same time frame this is only 3J/cm2.
I can treat skin from greater distance or reach some deep tissue in shortest possible time frame, but the only truth is that the only guide for deep layers of tissue is the dose on skin. We all have to experiment, and i don't wanna experiment with higher doses than 100J/cm2 (deep tissue). So sessions are 5 - 10 minutes to avoid overheating the skin and have enough power to penetrate, depending on target.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Seems like Red Light Man thinks infrared is optimal for thyroid.
Ideal light for thyroid light therapy
As the thyroid gland is located under the skin and fat of the neck, infrared is the most studied type of light for thyroid treatment. This makes sense as it is more penetrative than visible red (Kolari, 1985; Kolarova et al., 1999; Enwemeka, 2003, Bjordal JM et al., 2003). However, red as low as 630nm has been studied as effective for thyroid (Morcos N et al., 2015), as it is a relatively superficial gland.

The following guidelines are recommended for successful thyroid light therapy:

• Infrared LEDs in the 700-910nm range.
    • 100mW/cm² or better power density
    • Few cm² or better beam area
  • The LED beam angle should be as narrow as possible – 90 degrees or less.
  • Therapy session times should be 5 – 15 minutes directly on the neck.
These guidelines are based on effective wavelengths in studies mentioned above, as well as studies on tissue penetration also mentioned above. Suggested session times come from light therapy results in other areas of the body, but should apply to the thyroid gland too. 4-6J/cm² is the dose typically considered ideal, however achieving this dose at the thyroid gland requires more application time than it would for the skin. Some of the other factors affecting penetration include; pulsing, power, intensity, tissue contact, polarization and coherence. Application time can be reduced if other factors are improved.

In the right strength, infrared LED lights could potentially affect the entire thyroid gland, front to back. Visible red wavelengths of light on the neck will also provide benefits, although a stronger device will be needed. This is because visible red is less penetrative as mentioned already. As a rough estimate, 90w+ red LEDs (620-700nm) should provide good benefits.

Other types of light therapy technology like low level lasers are fine, if you can afford them. Lasers are studied more frequently in the literature than LEDs, however LED light is generally considered equal in effect (Chaves ME et al., 2014. Kim WS, 2011. Min PK, 2013).

Heat lamps, incandescents and infrared saunas are not as practical for improving metabolic rate / hypothyroidism. This is due to wide beam angle, excess heat/inefficiency and wasteful spectrum. 1000w or more would be required for a significant effect. At this strength though, application to the thyroid would be very uncomfortable to say the least.

Bottom Line
  • Red or infrared light from an LED source (600-950nm) can be applied to the thyroid gland to treat hypothyroid states.
    • Thyroid hormone levels are improved in every study.
    • Light therapy can be used to wean off thyroid medication.
  • Thyroid system is complex. Diet and lifestyle should be addressed too.
  • Thyroid light therapy is probably the single most effective way to use light therapy, treating a foundational level of health.
  • Heat lamps/incandescent bulbs are not as effective or comfortable as LEDs or low level lasers.
Stick to LED light therapy or LLLT for maximum safety and benefits. Infrared (700-950nm) LEDs are optimal, visible red is fine too. Session time from 5-15 minutes depending on light strength/heat.

I am very aware of what Red Light Man says on their website, I'm one of the main members of this forum most promoting their products and use of light for healing.

On almost every page of their site that start off by saying infrared goes deeper, and then later on the page they say but the 600 nm - 700 nm works fine in studies. They make great lights but they are learning what works also.

Even in the above sentence you posted its says this “However, red as low as 630nm has been studied as effective for thyroid (Morcos N et al., 2015), as it is a relatively superficial gland.”

Infrareds claim to fame is its deep penetration, this is not a good way to understand how you can use the lights to heal yourself.

First of all the longer the wavelengths the more the light is progressively blocked by water molecules in skin cells and less they will have a positive biological effect on the glands and organs you are targeting.

Second and most important is different spectrums of light have very different ways of effecting our cells and optic nerves and brain.

Do an experiment, get a yellow, orange, red and infrared light and in a room with no other light, turn on one at a time for 10 min, do you feel the same with each color spectrum, are your emotions and mind the same?

We have been seduced by the deeper better thing, there is far more going on with light, the lights needs to have a certain power and focus to have an effect, but many research studies confirm light in the 600 nm -700 nm range work fine.

Healing is a science and an art, my years of being a electrician in my youth combined with learning to sun gaze gave me real life experience of the effects of light on my body and mind.

If infrared light was so helpful no one would be sick, as i mentioned before infrared radiation is everywhere, all matter emits infrared, even a normal incandescent light bulb is only 10% visible light the other 90% is infrared.

Placing the light in the 600 nm -700 nm range against the skin over the thyroid and testes is more then powerful enough there is no reason to need infrared. I have a women friend using the same light over her uterus with excellent results.

The light helps improve local energy at specific areas of our body and the light also gives systemic benefits by traveling through our body via blood and nerves helping lower inflammation and improving cellular energy production, many nerves and capillaries are close to the surface of the skin, very deep penetrations of light is not necessary.

Also i am presenting that the main way to bring balance to your endocrine system and heal your body is getting the light through your eyes, for this infrared is not safe for long term use and does not have the same very beneficial effect as orange to red wavelengths via the optic nerves on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.

I have bought several different lights from red light man that i experimented with at first, i can tell you from my own experience knowing how beneficial sun gazing is that the effects of the infrared is not at all similar, the light i use with the orange to red wavelengths produces very beneficial and similar results to sun gazing, the infrared does not.

I completely reversed years of hypothyroidism and fatigue without using any infrared light. I have many family and members and friends that have had excellent results using the same light i do, besides the thyroid, the key is getting the light through the open eyes, this will energize your whole body, brain and mind.

Actually I'm hoping Red Light Man will make new lights with broader range of wavelengths between 600 nm and 700 nm, this would help many people.

Im spending a lot of time trying to show you how infrared is not necessary, may be unsafe and is not the best spectrum of light for healing yourself. Why don't you discover for yourself, experiment!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Crucial is power density of your device. I have single best option for deeper penetration: Infrared 830 Device - Red Light Man
You can use this formula:
power density (mW/cm2) * time (seconds) * 0.001 = dose (J/cm2)
For instance power dansity of my device is 200mW/cm2 at 10cm distance (very strong) so in front of my thyroid from 10cm distance and 5 minutes session:
200 * 300 * 0.001 = 60J/cm2
From greater distance like 70cm, power dansity of my device is 10mW/cm2 and in the same time frame this is only 3J/cm2.
I can treat skin from greater distance or reach some deep tissue in shortest possible time frame, but the only truth is that the only guide for deep layers of tissue is the dose on skin. We all have to experiment, and i don't wanna experiment with higher doses than 100J/cm2 (deep tissue). So sessions are 5 - 10 minutes to avoid overheating the skin and have enough power to penetrate, depending on target.

I understand what a Joule and SI derived units are, my point is over using scientific language like this is not really helpful for most people.

If you like math and physics thats great then do the calculations and present what your doing in a way others can use to help them selfs.

Making this light stuff over scientific can take away from the important intuitive aspects of healing oneself.

Red light man gives technical details but also practical, i feel we should do the same in our posts.

This is on the thyroid page of red light man, “Therapy session times should be 5 – 15 minutes directly on the neck.”

Red Light Man is a good company, i had been experimenting with different lights for healing for over 30 years, they sell high quality lights at very reasonable prices, but they still have a lot to learn, like best spectrums of light to use and answering their emails and phone calls more often…

I have some ideas for new light designs, first they should all be in the 600 nm - 700 nm range, then we need more variety of shapes and sizes, a helpful one would be a curved unit about 20” long by 8” wide that could cover most of the abdomen area including stomach, liver, spleen, pancreas, colon etc… This same curved light could be placed on ones back over the kidneys, adrenals and spine.

Another good size would be a kind of flat device, around 8” x 10” with handles on the side to hold and also a optional stand that could fold down and be used to place upright on a table, this way you could cover whole face, jaw, mouth, eyes, and forehead. Its better for light gazing to have the lights spread out like in the mini, the strong single focus of the bigger units is not best for light gazing.

Im talking about this now because since red light man advertises on this forum I'm sure they are following this and other similar threads, and please keep in mind, orange light has as many unique beneficial biological enhancing qualities as much as red light... speaking of orange, i think i will go have some orange juice.

Scenes

Just chiming in to say I entirely agree with the powerful benefits of this particular red light (not infrared). Using over thyroid for 8-12 mins twice a day and using over torso on liver or intestines has made an amazing difference.

I can't quite get the light over the eyes right as it seems to cause me facial acne around my mouth/chin and forehead. Think it's depleting vitamin A for steroid synthesis but I haven't got the balance right yet.

Dave Clark

I am very aware of what Red Light Man says on their website, I'm one of the main members of this forum most promoting their products and use of light for healing.

On almost every page of their site that start off by saying infrared goes deeper, and then later on the page they say but the 600 nm - 700 nm works fine in studies. They make great lights but they are learning what works also.

Even in the above sentence you posted its says this “However, red as low as 630nm has been studied as effective for thyroid (Morcos N et al., 2015), as it is a relatively superficial gland.”

Infrareds claim to fame is its deep penetration, this is not a good way to understand how you can use the lights to heal yourself.

First of all the longer the wavelengths the more the light is progressively blocked by water molecules in skin cells and less they will have a positive biological effect on the glands and organs you are targeting.

Second and most important is different spectrums of light have very different ways of effecting our cells and optic nerves and brain.

Do an experiment, get a yellow, orange, red and infrared light and in a room with no other light, turn on one at a time for 10 min, do you feel the same with each color spectrum, are your emotions and mind the same?

We have been seduced by the deeper better thing, there is far more going on with light, the lights needs to have a certain power and focus to have an effect, but many research studies confirm light in the 600 nm -700 nm range work fine.

Healing is a science and an art, my years of being a electrician in my youth combined with learning to sun gaze gave me real life experience of the effects of light on my body and mind.

If infrared light was so helpful no one would be sick, as i mentioned before infrared radiation is everywhere, all matter emits infrared, even a normal incandescent light bulb is only 10% visible light the other 90% is infrared.

Placing the light in the 600 nm -700 nm range against the skin over the thyroid and testes is more then powerful enough there is no reason to need infrared. I have a women friend using the same light over her uterus with excellent results.

The light helps improve local energy at specific areas of our body and the light also gives systemic benefits by traveling through our body via blood and nerves helping lower inflammation and improving cellular energy production, many nerves and capillaries are close to the surface of the skin, very deep penetrations of light is not necessary.

Also i am presenting that the main way to bring balance to your endocrine system and heal your body is getting the light through your eyes, for this infrared is not safe for long term use and does not have the same very beneficial effect as orange to red wavelengths via the optic nerves on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.

I have bought several different lights from red light man that i experimented with at first, i can tell you from my own experience knowing how beneficial sun gazing is that the effects of the infrared is not at all similar, the light i use with the orange to red wavelengths produces very beneficial and similar results to sun gazing, the infrared does not.

I completely reversed years of hypothyroidism and fatigue without using any infrared light. I have many family and members and friends that have had excellent results using the same light i do, besides the thyroid, the key is getting the light through the open eyes, this will energize your whole body, brain and mind.

Actually I'm hoping Red Light Man will make new lights with broader range of wavelengths between 600 nm and 700 nm, this would help many people.

Im spending a lot of time trying to show you how infrared is not necessary, may be unsafe and is not the best spectrum of light for healing yourself. Why don't you discover for yourself, experiment!
Thank you for explaining all that you have. BTW, I didn't post that to be argumentative, I am just trying to learn and "sort things out" (as the Brits say). My device has paddles for both infrared and LED red light, I am just trying to figure out which one to use. You seem to be very experienced, and sometimes that is better than just parroting studies and making recommendations. I also have an orange paddle, but I don't have one with both red and orange, I suppose I could rotate them. Just curious, speaking of infrared, what is your opinion of the Far infrared that is used in saunas, and is touted to have all kinds of health benefits (I hope you don't have anything negative to say, I own a FIR sauna and have been using it for years)?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thank you for explaining all that you have. BTW, I didn't post that to be argumentative, I am just trying to learn and "sort things out" (as the Brits say). My device has paddles for both infrared and LED red light, I am just trying to figure out which one to use. You seem to be very experienced, and sometimes that is better than just parroting studies and making recommendations. I also have an orange paddle, but I don't have one with both red and orange, I suppose I could rotate them. Just curious, speaking of infrared, what is your opinion of the Far infrared that is used in saunas, and is touted to have all kinds of health benefits (I hope you don't have anything negative to say, I own a FIR sauna and have been using it for years)?

Hi Dave,
I had a infrared sauna for a few years, i used it a couple times a week, it warmed me up and made me sweat and i felt relaxed after but it did not improve my heath.

This is the specific light i own and have used to completely reverse years of hypothyroidism and debilitating health issues.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

Hi Dave,
I had a infrared sauna for a few years, i used it a couple times a week, it warmed me up and made me sweat and i felt relaxed after but it did not improve my heath.

This is the specific light i own and have used to completely reverse years of hypothyroidism and debilitating health issues.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the insightful posts here. I saw your protocol using this light above: (a) held directly against the skin (a) first 2x a day at 8-10 mins, then reducing sessions over time.

1. Was this session reduction due to obtaining the desired result, or was it a discovery that less red light / more recovery produces better results?

2. Also, from your years of experiments, did you find there was an optimum time of day to do the red light? (It seems like there is probably an optimum time of day to do it to affect things like low morning temperature)

3. Also, did you find there were particularly useful meals or supplements to have at around the same time as using it? (I read someone else mention that they'd eat a lot of sugar and ADEK prior to sessions because it seemed to utilise them)

I'm also curious how you might adjust your protocol for the use of an infrared light, which is what I bought based on the thyroid studies I read. Now regretting it a little ad wishing I'd bought a regular red light!

kind regards, Johnson.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the insightful posts here. I saw your protocol using this light above: (a) held directly against the skin (a) first 2x a day at 8-10 mins, then reducing sessions over time.

1. Was this session reduction due to obtaining the desired result, or was it a discovery that less red light / more recovery produces better results?

2. Also, from your years of experiments, did you find there was an optimum time of day to do the red light? (It seems like there is probably an optimum time of day to do it to affect things like low morning temperature)

3. Also, did you find there were particularly useful meals or supplements to have at around the same time as using it? (I read someone else mention that they'd eat a lot of sugar and ADEK prior to sessions because it seemed to utilise them)

I'm also curious how you might adjust your protocol for the use of an infrared light, which is what I bought based on the thyroid studies I read. Now regretting it a little ad wishing I'd bought a regular red light!

kind regards, Johnson.

Hi Johnson,

The session reduction was because i was feeling better and did not need to use the light as often.

I find using light first thing in the morning after waking up the best, especially when getting the light through the eyes, but any time of day has good results, when i was using light over thyroid twice a day i would do early morning and early evening.

Yes my nutritional needs changed quickly as my thyroid and health improved, i found drinking lots of homemade lemonade, made with organic lemon juice and organic cane sugar and honey very helpful, but only good to have more sugar if your bowls are moving well.

Im sorry but i can not give you suggestions for a protocol with the infrared light you have, because as i have been discussing i do not think the infrared spectrum is healthy or as effective to use as the light i recommend with orange to red wavelengths.

The light i have is not that expensive i really think its worth getting...

Hi Johnson,

The session reduction was because i was feeling better and did not need to use the light as often.

I find using light first thing in the morning after waking up the best, especially when getting the light through the eyes, but any time of day has good results, when i was using light over thyroid twice a day i would do early morning and early evening.

Yes my nutritional needs changed quickly as my thyroid and health improved, i found drinking lots of homemade lemonade, made with organic lemon juice and organic cane sugar and honey very helpful, but only good to have more sugar if your bowls are moving well.

Im sorry but i can not give you suggestions for a protocol with the infrared light you have, because as i have been discussing i do not think the infrared spectrum is healthy or as effective to use as the light i recommend with orange to red wavelengths.

The light i have is not that expensive i really think its worth getting...

Hi Daniel, I PMed you. Thanks again for your advice. Very useful

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11 thanks for your sharing your experiences with us. Would you recommend using red lights on eyes at night?

I find best to get the light through the eyes in the early morning, its more in tune with the natural rhythms of the sun and earth, speaking of nature there is a solar eclipse today!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Red Light Therapy will greatly enhance endocrine functioning and increase cellular energy, but you will still need to improve digestion and reestablish microbial balance in your intestines.

Intestinal dysbiosis is the main reason most people are not digesting and absorbing nutrients they need from their food, the causes are many. Often times digestive issues start at birth; being born C-section, lack of breast feeding or after rounds of antibiotics, also drinking chlorinated and fluorinated water can cause many problems for the intestines and thyroid, its very important to drink good clean water.

Table Salt or “Iodized Salt” is another major health concern, it is not a healthy naturally occurring rock, crystal or sea salt. It is a manufactured type of sodium called sodium chloride with added iodide.

Iodine in salt available at grocery stores, restaurants and in practically all processed foods, have synthetic chemicals added to them. These chemicals may include manufactured forms of iodide, sodium solo-co-aluminate, fluoride sodium bicarbonate, toxic amounts of potassium iodide, anti-caking agents and aluminum derivatives.

Unfortunately, most table salt is not only unhealthy but is toxic to the thyroid and body and should never be considered as a source of natural iodine or minerals.

Salt found in nature and unprocessed is not usually white it is has color such as Himalayan Pink Salt which is harvested in pristine mountains and naturally dried in the sun and rich in necessary beneficial minerals.

Many health issues begin because of intestinal dysbiosis causing a state of malnutrition, even if we are eating healthy foods, thats why we are often depleted in vitamins and minerals, after reestablishing microbial balance you will be able to digest and absorb all the nutrients your body needs and understands.

I had mentioned in other threads about Larch arabinogalactan, it is truly my all time favorite supplement, it offers numerous health benefits including; digestion, liver health, immune system, enhance detoxification pathways and it is very helpful for relieving food and environmental allergies.

Because Larch arabinogalactan has a range of low, mid and high molecular weight polysaccharides it produces a broad range of actions that compliment each other. It will make you feel more comfortable very quickly and increase the benefits of red light therapy because it helps improve digestion, liver and normal detoxification, this will help relax ones nervous system and improve the quality of ones sleep and health.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Larch Arabinogalactan is a multifunctional fiber with several unique characteristics, its positive biochemical actions come form the synergy of the beneficial effects it exhibits. Because arabinogalactan has a range of low, mid and high molecular weight polysaccharides it produces a broad range of positive physiological actions including lowering absorption of ammonia.

Research shows Larch Arabinogalactan is a non-digestible soluble dietary fiber that resists hydrolytic enzyme action and enters the large bowel intact and helps to lower the generation and absorption of ammonia.

“Vince et al have suggested arabinogalactan might have clinical value in the treatment of porto-systemic encephalopathy because of this ability to lower the generation and subsequent absorption of ammonia.8”

“In general, it may be said that "low" molecular weight polysaccharides (5,000-15,000) tend to produce more of an anti-inflamatory, anti-complementary, anti-allergy effect (25,46); whereas "high" molecular weight polysaccharides (75,000-125,000) produce more reticuloendothelial stimulation (21,24) and monocyte-enhanced natural killer cytotoxicity (1). The "mid" weight polysaccharides (15,000-50,000) seem to act in an altogether different way, enhancing carbon and other types of toxin clearance by macrophages (24). The molecular weights of the major fractions of larch arabinogalactan are 16,000 (low/mid) and 100,000 (high) which perhaps explain its peculiarly diverse actions.”

“Arabinogalactans are useful for therapeutic treatment of infections caused by pathogenic microorganisms, particularly intestinal bacteria, such as Gram-negative types. Treatment with arabinogalactan is particularly applicable to bacterias of the Enterobacteriaceae type such as Escherichia coli bacteria, particularly those strains manifesting K88+ fimbrae. Arabinogalactans were shown to have dramatic effects on bacterial adherence (45).”

Here is research that goes in to more detail about the many benefits of arabinogalactan.

Larch arabinogalactan: clinical relevance of a novel immune-enhancing polysaccharide. - PubMed - NCBI

Here is full article.

http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/4/2/96.pdf

Its all about the polysaccharides, thats why polysaccharide rich medicinal mushrooms are also beneficial. Larch Arabinogalactan is one of the most potent sources of polysaccharides, it has helped enhanced many aspects of my health; digestion, liver, allergies, skin, hair, circulation, immune and nervous system.

This is the Larch Arabinogalactan i like, its brand name is Larix. 1 Tbs 2-3 x a day, it has very mild slightly sweet taste and can be mixed in water or juice.

Eclectic Institute, Larix Arabinogalactan, 12 oz (340.5 g)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals