Kick **** Experience With White Button Mushrooms

OP
ecstatichamster
It was working great but now I'm on a trip and the mushrooms are on hold until I return.

yerrag

I bought a half pound yesterday, and sauteed them with butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, white wine, and salt. Ate them with rice and pork ear jello and fried egg for dinner. A good night sleep beckons.

OP
ecstatichamster
I am taking about 2 tablespoons of their cook mixture at night before bed. Very very impressive results, very helpful and much better than carrot.

Wagner83

I am taking about 2 tablespoons of their cook mixture at night before bed. Very very impressive results, very helpful and much better than carrot.
What is the mixture? Potatoes , CO and ketchup? It's nice to see a small dose goes a long way, I always took too much. Wacky potatoes have a very good effect by themselves (which should not be ignored imo, better than other sources of glucose), with a bit of coffee, butter and some ketchup I've felt very good at times (sweating, energy etc..).

OP
ecstatichamster
What is the mixture? Potatoes , CO and ketchup? It's nice to see a small dose goes a long way, I always took too much. Wacky potatoes have a very good effect by themselves (which should not be ignored imo, better than other sources of glucose), with a bit of coffee, butter and some ketchup I've felt very good at times (sweating, energy etc..).

I posted the recipe. Just finely chopped well cooked shrooms

OP
ecstatichamster
Do you drink the juice? I usually keep the water I boiled the mushrooms into and drink it over a few days, I feel that the juice in itself has an anti aromatase effect.

Yes the juice and the solids. Very powerful AI action.

Wagner83

Influence of storage and household processing on the agaritine content of the cultivated Agaricus mushroom. - PubMed - NCBI

Agaritine (N-(gamma-L(+)-glutamyl)-4-hydroxymethyl-phenylhydrazine) was identified and quantified by high-pressure liquid chromatography and used as a marker for the occurrence of phenylhydrazine derivatives in the cultivated Agaricus bitorquis and A. garicus hortensis mushrooms. Although relatively high levels of agaritine (around 700 mg kg(-1)) could be found in freshly harvested A. bitorquis from early flushes, samples from supermarkets contained less agaritine. The content of 28 samples varied between 165 and 457 mg kg(-1), on average being 272 +/- 69 mg kg(-1). The highest amounts of agaritine were found in the skin of the cap and in the gills, the lowest being in the stem. There was no significant difference in agaritine content of the two mushroom species in our study. Pronounced reduction in agaritine content was observed during storage of mushrooms in the refrigerator or freezer, as well as during drying of the mushrooms. The degree of reduction was dependent on the length and condition of storage and was usually in the region 20-75%. No reduction in agaritine content was observed during freeze-drying. Depending on the cooking procedure, household processing of cultivated Agaricus mushrooms reduced the agaritine content to various degrees. Boiling extracted around 50% of the agaritine content into the cooking broth within 5min and degraded 20-25% of the original agaritine content of the mushrooms. Prolonged boiling, as when preparing a sauce, reduced the content in the solid mushroom further (around 10% left after 2h). Dry baking of the cultivated mushroom, a process similar to pizza baking, reduced the agaritine content by approximately 25%, whereas frying in oil or butter or deep frying resulted in a more marked reduction (35-70%). Microwave processing of the cultivated mushrooms reduced the agaritine content to one-third of the original level. Thus, the exposure to agaritine was substantially less when consuming processed Agaricus mushrooms as compared with consuming the raw mushrooms. However, it is not yet known to what extent agaritine and other phenylhydrazine derivatives occurring in the cultivated mushroom are degraded into other biologically active compounds during the cooking procedure.

I wonder if the agaritine and other toxic compounds in mushrooms are actually extracted in the broth rather than being mostly destroyed, also cooking less than 2 hours looks less safe (i.e. frying them in a pan).

Here is more (pdf) https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjY942do7PVAhVEwBQKHbBzApEQFggmMAA&url=http://norden.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:701276/FULLTEXT01.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHtqlUrZHxXWmUW5xLubHgE444C6A :
Also, Schulzová et al. (2002) studied the effect of boiling on the content of agaritine in the cultivated mushroom. Sliced fruit bodies of A. bitorquis, containing 360 mg agaritine/
kg, were boiled in closed jars in steam. Similar results as shown in Figure 8 were
obtained, when whole mushrooms were used instead of sliced mushrooms. As can be
seen in Figure 8, boiling resulted in a significant progressive decrease of agaritine in
solid mushrooms, whereas the concentration in the aqueous solution increased during
the first 15 minutes. No further increase in the agaritine content of the boiling water was
observed thereafter.
The most pronounced changes occurred during the first minute of
boiling. The solid mushrooms had lost 55% of their agaritine after 5 minutes of boiling
and about 90% after 60-120 minutes of boiling. The total amount of agaritine in the
system was also reduced during cooking, being about 75% of the original amount after
5 minutes and about 60% of the original amount after 60 minutes of boiling.

Table 7 summarises published measurements on agaritine content of canned Agaricus
bisporus. It is evident that relatively low agaritine levels are found in canned products,
usually less than 10 % of the agaritine level detected in fresh mushrooms
(Liu et al.,
1982; Stijve et al., 1986; Hajslŏvá et al., 1998; Andersson et al., 1999).

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
Two hour cooking is what I am doing. I think that is what Dr. Peat suggests. If you do what I am doing, using the pressure cooker, you can do this in less than one hour effectively.

Wagner83

Two hour cooking is what I am doing. I think that is what Dr. Peat suggests. If you do what I am doing, using the pressure cooker, you can do this in less than one hour effectively.
Yes I know, I posted this for the other guys who were just using a frying pan for 10 mn. Also as I said I'm curious how safe and healthy the broth is given the quotes I posted above, it may be worth emailing Ray with the references.

OP
ecstatichamster
So I've sort of been hypothesizing. The ground up matter seems to be digestive magic, better than carrots. I had it in the fridge for 2 weeks and not a bit of mold ever showed up. A good sign.

I think the liquid is where the aromatase inhibitor is. I made a new batch with a lot more liquid and I'm trying that to see if it makes a difference in erection quality and other measures of estrogen that are reliable in my own particular experience. I shall let you know.

OP
ecstatichamster
@ecstatichamster So you boil the mushrooms up, separate solid and liquid but keep both. Grind the solids using a grinder then consume a bit of both, the solids and the liquid?

I consume both at the same time. I don't bother separating them. I may use the spoon to reach down into the solids but I get both solid and liquid.

A. squamosa

I don't have a pressure cooker, so I'm gonna finely slice the mushies, sauté them, then boil them for an hr and a bit, and take 2 tbsp a day w/ some coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and salt. Excited to get back on the gut-cleaning, endotoxin-removing, estrogen-undermining wagon (without turning orange)!

Uncertain about the grinding? Wouldn't that destroy the fibres, and aren't the fibres meant to doing some work?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals