Jake's Journal

Milena

Where did you read that?

I think K2 and D are important for bone maintence, but enamel is very different, I don't think those things are really required, it seems pretty straightforward.
My mistake, Not thinking right this morning.

I found this
"
WHAT IS REMINERALIZATION? Remineralization is the process of restoring minerals - again, in the form of mineral ions - to the hydroxyapatite's latticework structure. Remineralization is like replacing the missing rungs in a rickety ladder to make it strong and stable again - except that remineralization is three-dimensional, and the lost "rungs" (i.e. different mineral ions) must be replaced with "rungs" having the exact same shape, size and the same electrical charge as those lost from the lattice. Both remineralization and demineralization occur on the surface of the tooth. If you examine the cross-section diagram of a tooth, you will see there is no connection between the bloodstream and the enamel. Therefore, taking mineral supplements has virtually no impact on remineralizing the teeth. (It's also worth noting that this is true in reverse too: An event that draws on minerals in the blood, such as pregnancy or healing a broken bone cannot extract minerals from the teeth, as is widely believed.).

WHAT CAUSES DEMINERALIZATION? Strong, stable acids, mostly: To a certain extent, these are found in acid foods, such as tomatoes or oranges; but they're also formed by oral bacteria that feed on starches and sugars in your mouth, especially refined sugars, secreting acids as by-products.

WHY DO STRONG STABLE ACIDS CAUSE DEMINERALIZATION? Dental enamel is mineral, a "living stone." In your mouth, as in the rest of nature, acids dissolve minerals, transforming them from solid mineral molecules into mineral ions that exist only in solution. Strong stable acids do not break down easily, so very small quantities can keep on dissolving the minerals in your enamel. In the presence of these acids, millions, even billions, of calcium and other mineral ions are removed from the hydroxyapatite latticework. Eventually, the enamel loses its structural integrity.

HOW DOES THE BODY FIGHT DENTAL DEMINERALIZATION? To counter demineralization, the body had to solve an interesting problem: If dental minerals are only soluble in acids, how can it create replacement mineral ions in a way that also doesn't dissolve enamel, as strong stable acids do? The solution is so elegant, so simple, and so invisible that you don't even realize it's happening! This natural mechanism is enhanced be eating unprocessed foods, rich in minerals, including trace minerals, such as natural and organic foods.

Tooth_Remineralization.jpg
WHAT IS THIS NATURAL REMINERALIZATION MECHANISM?
Our bodies utilize carbon dioxide from our breath and water from our saliva to create a mild, unstable acid, carbonic acid. Carbonic acid is the heart of the natural remineralization process. Like all acids, carbonic acids can dissolve minerals in our saliva (present from our food); however, unlike strong stable acids, carbonic acid quickly and easily converts to carbon dioxide and water. When this happens, the mineral ions that are dissolved in it precipitate out as solid mineral ions again - but not necessarily as the original mineral molecules: If a particular mineral ion is near a demineralized portion of the hydroxyapatite crystal that requires that ion, the ion is incorporated into the dental enamel! Though natural remineralization is always taking place, the level of activity varies according to conditions in the mouth. In fact, for remineralization to proceed, six conditions or events must occur at the same time:

FIRST, sufficient minerals must be present in the saliva. Since foods are the principal source of minerals for the teeth, an adequate diet, or insufficient time chewing foods (which transfers minerals to the saliva) may result in mineral-poor saliva.

SECOND, a molecule of carbonic acid must be produced. Only a miniscule fraction of the carbon dioxide from the breath is converted to carbonic acid.

THIRD, the carbonic acid molecule must be produced in proximity to a mineral molecule, which it then dissolves into its ionic components.

FOURTH, this all has to occur in proximity to a demineralized spot in the hydroxyapatitelatticework that requires that exact mineral ion.

FIFTH, that spot of the tooth has to be clean, so that the mineral-deficient spot is accessible. If it is, then the mineral ion is attracted to the "hole" in the lattice by the opposite electric charges of the ion and the "hole." Many different ions have the correct charge, but only the correct ion has the correct shape and size to fit into the "hole."

FINALLY, the carbonic acid must convert to carbon dioxide and water before any of the above circumstances change! When all this happens, a mineral ion is precipitated out of solution into the structure of the enamel. All mammals (dogs, monkeys, lions, mice, etc.) utilize this same carbonic acid remineralization mechanism. In the wild, animals generally have strong enamel, so we know that with a natural diet, this subtle and invisible process really is able to maintain the strength of enamel! This also indicates that with a pre-modern diet, humans probably also had strong enamel naturally. For strong enamel in today's world, though, the natural remineralization process needs to be augmented."

Is it plausible? Reinforces a pivotal role for CO2 as well.

OP
BigYellowLemon
My mistake, Not thinking right this morning.

I found this
"
WHAT IS REMINERALIZATION? Remineralization is the process of restoring minerals - again, in the form of mineral ions - to the hydroxyapatite's latticework structure. Remineralization is like replacing the missing rungs in a rickety ladder to make it strong and stable again - except that remineralization is three-dimensional, and the lost "rungs" (i.e. different mineral ions) must be replaced with "rungs" having the exact same shape, size and the same electrical charge as those lost from the lattice. Both remineralization and demineralization occur on the surface of the tooth. If you examine the cross-section diagram of a tooth, you will see there is no connection between the bloodstream and the enamel. Therefore, taking mineral supplements has virtually no impact on remineralizing the teeth. (It's also worth noting that this is true in reverse too: An event that draws on minerals in the blood, such as pregnancy or healing a broken bone cannot extract minerals from the teeth, as is widely believed.).

WHAT CAUSES DEMINERALIZATION? Strong, stable acids, mostly: To a certain extent, these are found in acid foods, such as tomatoes or oranges; but they're also formed by oral bacteria that feed on starches and sugars in your mouth, especially refined sugars, secreting acids as by-products.

WHY DO STRONG STABLE ACIDS CAUSE DEMINERALIZATION? Dental enamel is mineral, a "living stone." In your mouth, as in the rest of nature, acids dissolve minerals, transforming them from solid mineral molecules into mineral ions that exist only in solution. Strong stable acids do not break down easily, so very small quantities can keep on dissolving the minerals in your enamel. In the presence of these acids, millions, even billions, of calcium and other mineral ions are removed from the hydroxyapatite latticework. Eventually, the enamel loses its structural integrity.

HOW DOES THE BODY FIGHT DENTAL DEMINERALIZATION? To counter demineralization, the body had to solve an interesting problem: If dental minerals are only soluble in acids, how can it create replacement mineral ions in a way that also doesn't dissolve enamel, as strong stable acids do? The solution is so elegant, so simple, and so invisible that you don't even realize it's happening! This natural mechanism is enhanced be eating unprocessed foods, rich in minerals, including trace minerals, such as natural and organic foods.

Tooth_Remineralization.jpg
WHAT IS THIS NATURAL REMINERALIZATION MECHANISM?
Our bodies utilize carbon dioxide from our breath and water from our saliva to create a mild, unstable acid, carbonic acid. Carbonic acid is the heart of the natural remineralization process. Like all acids, carbonic acids can dissolve minerals in our saliva (present from our food); however, unlike strong stable acids, carbonic acid quickly and easily converts to carbon dioxide and water. When this happens, the mineral ions that are dissolved in it precipitate out as solid mineral ions again - but not necessarily as the original mineral molecules: If a particular mineral ion is near a demineralized portion of the hydroxyapatite crystal that requires that ion, the ion is incorporated into the dental enamel! Though natural remineralization is always taking place, the level of activity varies according to conditions in the mouth. In fact, for remineralization to proceed, six conditions or events must occur at the same time:

FIRST, sufficient minerals must be present in the saliva. Since foods are the principal source of minerals for the teeth, an adequate diet, or insufficient time chewing foods (which transfers minerals to the saliva) may result in mineral-poor saliva.

SECOND, a molecule of carbonic acid must be produced. Only a miniscule fraction of the carbon dioxide from the breath is converted to carbonic acid.

THIRD, the carbonic acid molecule must be produced in proximity to a mineral molecule, which it then dissolves into its ionic components.

FOURTH, this all has to occur in proximity to a demineralized spot in the hydroxyapatitelatticework that requires that exact mineral ion.

FIFTH, that spot of the tooth has to be clean, so that the mineral-deficient spot is accessible. If it is, then the mineral ion is attracted to the "hole" in the lattice by the opposite electric charges of the ion and the "hole." Many different ions have the correct charge, but only the correct ion has the correct shape and size to fit into the "hole."

FINALLY, the carbonic acid must convert to carbon dioxide and water before any of the above circumstances change! When all this happens, a mineral ion is precipitated out of solution into the structure of the enamel. All mammals (dogs, monkeys, lions, mice, etc.) utilize this same carbonic acid remineralization mechanism. In the wild, animals generally have strong enamel, so we know that with a natural diet, this subtle and invisible process really is able to maintain the strength of enamel! This also indicates that with a pre-modern diet, humans probably also had strong enamel naturally. For strong enamel in today's world, though, the natural remineralization process needs to be augmented."

Is it plausible? Reinforces a pivotal role for CO2 as well.

Seems very legit to me.

I have sodium phosphorous, calcium carbonate, and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). When I mix them all together I get carbon dioxide. I think it's the baking soda and sodium phosphorous causing the reaction. I'm just assuming it's CO2, it starts violently bubbling and giving off a gas, at first I was kinda scared. Reminds me of when I used to mix phenibut and baking soda.

Maybe I should mix them and instantly put it in my mouth, start swishing.

I also think oil pulling is very legit.

Honestly it is a ******* miracle my teeth still look nice, and feel healthy (idk how they are actually doing). During my Peat phase I was drinking so much soda, my teeth were really in bad shape, cutting all candy and soda and chewing xylitol gum has made a yuge difference.

OP
BigYellowLemon
I've mentioned this before, but my top central incisors and all lateral incisors are slightly chipped, and my bottom central incisors are almost gone, they are capped with fake teeth, they are the ones that took the brunt of the damage (elbowed in the face when I was 8 :().

My molars are kinda ****88, farthest back molars are ground away, others are in alright shape I guess. I have insanely bad bruxism and am in desperate need of a good mouthguard. I actually wake up most mornings with a headache, and I have a strong suspicion I'm mouthbreathing in my sleep.

So my plan is to wear a mouthguard at night and fill it with calcium and baking soda and phosphorus and water. During the day reduce plaque/bacteria with oil swishing and xylitol gum.

DaveFoster

I actually had to stop smoking because of daily panic attacks.
CBD at least has those properties; THC could have the opposite, and the shift toward strains more concentrated in THC could worsen anxiety over time:

Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol: a chemical compound of Cannabis sativa.

"Anxiety and depression are pathologies that affect human beings in many aspects of life, including social life, productivity and health. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a constituent non-psychotomimetic of Cannabis sativa with great psychiatric potential, including uses as an antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like compound. The aim of this study is to review studies of animal models using CBD as an anxiolytic-like and antidepressant-like compound. Studies involving animal models, performing a variety of experiments on the above-mentioned disorders, such as the forced swimming test (FST), elevated plus maze (EPM) and Vogel conflict test (VCT), suggest that CBD exhibited an anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects in animal models discussed. Experiments with CBD demonstrated non-activation of neuroreceptors CB1 and CB2. Most of the studies demonstrated a good interaction between CBD and the 5-HT1A neuro-receptor."

OP
BigYellowLemon
CBD at least has those properties; THC could have the opposite, and the shift toward strains more concentrated in THC could worsen anxiety over time:

Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol: a chemical compound of Cannabis sativa.

"Anxiety and depression are pathologies that affect human beings in many aspects of life, including social life, productivity and health. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a constituent non-psychotomimetic of Cannabis sativa with great psychiatric potential, including uses as an antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like compound. The aim of this study is to review studies of animal models using CBD as an anxiolytic-like and antidepressant-like compound. Studies involving animal models, performing a variety of experiments on the above-mentioned disorders, such as the forced swimming test (FST), elevated plus maze (EPM) and Vogel conflict test (VCT), suggest that CBD exhibited an anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects in animal models discussed. Experiments with CBD demonstrated non-activation of neuroreceptors CB1 and CB2. Most of the studies demonstrated a good interaction between CBD and the 5-HT1A neuro-receptor."

Based on my experience vaporizing pure CBD, it is weak.

I think the biggest anxiolytics in cannabis are the terpenes, like pinene.

CBD isn't bad by any means though.

I spoke to an autistic man (who was all around great) on reddit. Had autism due to genes, but most importantly because his mom was taking an SSRI when he was in the womb.

He used cannabis very successfully. I could post some parts of our convos.

He has since deleted his account, I wish I knew where he went.

DaveFoster

Based on my experience vaporizing pure CBD, it is weak.

I think the biggest anxiolytics in cannabis are the terpenes, like pinene.

CBD isn't bad by any means though.

I spoke to an autistic man (who was all around great) on reddit. Had autism due to genes, but most importantly because his mom was taking an SSRI when he was in the womb.

He used cannabis very successfully. I could post some parts of our convos.

He has since deleted his account, I wish I knew where he went.
That's interesting, and posting some valuable excerpts would be very informative.

OP
BigYellowLemon
Democracy is how you get things like slavery.

and

Russian hackers is a conspiracy theory.

OP
BigYellowLemon
That's interesting, and posting some valuable excerpts would be very informative.

"So I mentioned the meta-cognitive abilities from cannabis, it's a very interesting mechanic that allows for this. So obv the glutamate system is responsible for a good amount of memory processing. What I find really interesting is that all presynaptic glutamate receptors are co-localized with CB1 receptors, and that post-synaptic glutamate receptors will send an endocannabinoid back to the presynapse after a depolarization to get it to quit dumping signal. It's kind of like a built in brake system on glutamate. The best part though, is that with continuous cannabis use, the CB1 receptors both downregulate and proliferate (by proliferation I mean that their signalling on activation will be extremely strong and quick to propagate) and they'll be under constant load. This means long term that you're wiring an increased endocannabinoid response capacity, and because those neurons are constantly active, they'll be accessible and will wire into their immediate surroundings.

I think the reason most people think cannabis hurts your memory is because it both impairs REM sleep, and the conversion of short term to long term memory. These effects are pretty specific to event based memory, things that you would have had to acknowledge to remember. It's been shown that people who smoke tend to remember meta-details a lot more than specifics because of those issues - they're related to the dialdown of glutamate, the impaired REM sleep, long-term CREB downregulation with chronic use, COX-2 (might be COX-1, can't quite remember) activation, and a reduction of GABA release in certain brain areas. These can be addressed with IDRA-21/other dendritic lengtheners, melatonin for REM sleep and opioid resensitivity, aspirin for COX-2 inhibition, and some type of GABA supplement, I prefer picamilon but lemongrass works too.

To address the downregulation of CB1 and the CREB spike you mentioned, those two benefits I feel are the best part of cannabis use in healthy people. Whenever I can afford not to smoke in the mornings I always have an increased energy level that synergizes with coffee, it's likely the CREB spike and increased glutamate activity that do it for me as I get the same effects when I can exercise. Melatonin and exercise both potentiate that increase and help keep it from going into anxiety territory which is fantastic

As for why I think cannabis is good, it's for its antioxidative/antiinflammatory properties, NREM boost, the CREB upregulation on quitting, the CB1 proliferation/growth (as THC/CBD are an agonist/antagonist pair and are very low affinity compared to anandamide), and the opioid proliferation. The anti-oxidative/inflammation effects are incredibly helpful for almost all degenerative disorders, it seems to be a catch all medicine with no true toxicity and no issue outside of short-term memory encoding, REM impairment, and a diffusion of focused thought, all of which can be handled with plant medicine and other noots."

He wrote soo much more than this, but he deleted his account so his previous writings are now gone.

A lot of the terpenes responsible for the anxiolytic effects in cannabis can be found in essential oils, spices, fruits.

Things like pinene, limonene, caryophyllene...

DaveFoster

"So I mentioned the meta-cognitive abilities from cannabis, it's a very interesting mechanic that allows for this. So obv the glutamate system is responsible for a good amount of memory processing. What I find really interesting is that all presynaptic glutamate receptors are co-localized with CB1 receptors, and that post-synaptic glutamate receptors will send an endocannabinoid back to the presynapse after a depolarization to get it to quit dumping signal. It's kind of like a built in brake system on glutamate. The best part though, is that with continuous cannabis use, the CB1 receptors both downregulate and proliferate (by proliferation I mean that their signalling on activation will be extremely strong and quick to propagate) and they'll be under constant load. This means long term that you're wiring an increased endocannabinoid response capacity, and because those neurons are constantly active, they'll be accessible and will wire into their immediate surroundings.

I think the reason most people think cannabis hurts your memory is because it both impairs REM sleep, and the conversion of short term to long term memory. These effects are pretty specific to event based memory, things that you would have had to acknowledge to remember. It's been shown that people who smoke tend to remember meta-details a lot more than specifics because of those issues - they're related to the dialdown of glutamate, the impaired REM sleep, long-term CREB downregulation with chronic use, COX-2 (might be COX-1, can't quite remember) activation, and a reduction of GABA release in certain brain areas. These can be addressed with IDRA-21/other dendritic lengtheners, melatonin for REM sleep and opioid resensitivity, aspirin for COX-2 inhibition, and some type of GABA supplement, I prefer picamilon but lemongrass works too.

To address the downregulation of CB1 and the CREB spike you mentioned, those two benefits I feel are the best part of cannabis use in healthy people. Whenever I can afford not to smoke in the mornings I always have an increased energy level that synergizes with coffee, it's likely the CREB spike and increased glutamate activity that do it for me as I get the same effects when I can exercise. Melatonin and exercise both potentiate that increase and help keep it from going into anxiety territory which is fantastic

As for why I think cannabis is good, it's for its antioxidative/antiinflammatory properties, NREM boost, the CREB upregulation on quitting, the CB1 proliferation/growth (as THC/CBD are an agonist/antagonist pair and are very low affinity compared to anandamide), and the opioid proliferation. The anti-oxidative/inflammation effects are incredibly helpful for almost all degenerative disorders, it seems to be a catch all medicine with no true toxicity and no issue outside of short-term memory encoding, REM impairment, and a diffusion of focused thought, all of which can be handled with plant medicine and other noots."

He wrote soo much more than this, but he deleted his account so his previous writings are now gone.

A lot of the terpenes responsible for the anxiolytic effects in cannabis can be found in essential oils, spices, fruits.

Things like pinene, limonene, caryophyllene...
That's all very interesting info; thanks for posting. Pregnenolone seems to oppose this CB1 activation, so I wonder if it would prevent your cited "proliferation."

Pregnenolone can protect the brain from cannabis intoxication. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
BigYellowLemon
As far as I know, chemotherapy (for cancer) is injected IV.

Why isn't it directly injected into tumors? And if the tumor is deep, why haven't any methods of reaching them been created?

OP
BigYellowLemon
I really hope Donald Trump isn't using finasteride anymore, it worries me greatly whether he is or not.

I hope he doesn't have a charlatan doctor.

Imagine if he was on keto-11-DHT or something of that nature.

He needs his health to be good in order to fight these monsters off.

OP
BigYellowLemon
Progesterone: In April of this year (IIRC), I bought a bottle of progesterone from healthnatura, and expiremented with it.

The day I received my package was the day or second day I started coming down with an illness. I looked online and saw the thread that progesterone cures the flu. So I started megadosing and the illness got way way worse. It ended up lasting for like 6-7 days in total, and it's severity peaked on day 5, where I could barely stand up. Jesus that was horrible. Yeah **** progesterone, it's seriously very dirty (has tons of activity and turns into tons of other hormones), doesn't enhance cognition, immunosupressant. I have not been that sick in a decade. Honestly I might've never been that sick. Doesn't seem to have had any permanent damage...? Maybe it did.

Melatonin: I am having great success with melatonin. I used it throughout adolescence but stopped for fears of tolerance and what Peat said.

Well, those fears are gone now, so I have been using it every night for the past 5 days, to great effect. I will use red tinged glasses near sundown, put around 1mg melatonin under my tongue, keep light low, and within an hour I will actually WANT to go to sleep. Amazing. Seriously a game changer. I have no problems with sleep duration, but I have problems with getting to sleep in the first place. Well, not anymore. Great, rested sleep, waking up within an hour of sunup usually.

OP
BigYellowLemon
Dietary intake of cholesterol has no effect on blood cholesterol levels. A man ate 6 grams of cholesterol daily (30 eggs a day) and had normal blood levels. The body regulates cholesterol levels fine enough: MMS: Error

No relationship found between LDL cholesterol levels and the progression of calcified coronary atherosclerosis: Effect of intensive versus standard lipid-lowering treatment with atorvastatin on the progression of calcified coronary atherosclerosis over 12 mon... - PubMed - NCBI

Statins promote heart muscle cell death: Hydroxymethylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase inhibitors induce apoptosis in human cardiac myocytes in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI

Statins promote the death of vein cells: Statin-induced apoptosis of vascular endothelial cells is blocked by dexamethasone. - PubMed - NCBI

Statins cause death of neurons (brain cells): Lovastatin induces apoptosis of spontaneously immortalized rat brain neuroblasts: involvement of nonsterol isoprenoid biosynthesis inhibition. - PubMed - NCBI

In 500 Japanese patients, the lower a statin caused someones blood cholesterol to drop, the more likely it was that they would die. Patients with 160mg/dl blood cholesterol were 6 times more likely to die the patients whose blood levels were at 219mg/dl. The more you respond to statins, the more likely you die from them: Large scale cohort study of the relationship between serum cholesterol concentration and coronary events with low-dose simvastatin therapy in Japan... - PubMed - NCBI

Statins result in MORE oxidized LDL: Relationship between biomarkers of oxidized low-density lipoprotein, statin therapy, quantitative coronary angiography, and atheroma: volume observ... - PubMed - NCBI

Statins increase LDL oxidation: Relationship of oxidized phospholipids and biomarkers of oxidized low-density lipoprotein with cardiovascular risk factors, inflammatory biomarkers... - PubMed - NCBI

Statins have no effect on cardiovascular events: Effects of combination lipid therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitus. - PubMed - NCBI

Statins reduce cognitive function: http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(04)00546-7/abstract

LDL cholesterol had no effect atheroma: Safety and efficacy of achieving very low low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels with rosuvastatin 40 mg daily (from the ASTEROID Study). - PubMed - NCBI

Letter written by Dr. Ravnskov on why statins are poison: http://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g280/rr/685032

---

Old patient has blood tested. Has high cholesterol

Doctor prescribes statins. It's a wonder-drug, according the pharmaceutical companies. According to his peers. According to the medical authorities. Even if it's just hype, what harm could it ever do? Cholesterol is bad, everyone knows that, no harm in lowering it.

Patient dies at a later date. Doctor checks autopsy. "Presence of cholesterol plaques was noted".

Damn! Must've been too much cholesterol. I should've prescribed him a higher dose. I won't make that mistake again.

And so the cycle repeats, so many poor people prescribed poison by their doctors. Suffering so many ill effects. Treatments that cause more harm then the disease. Treatments for made up diseases.

Having high cholesterol isn't a disease. Literally nothing wrong with you and then you're prescribed something that ends up ruining your health.

It's a joke, these people should be thrown in prison. I used to think it wasn't the doctors fault, they were groomd by a system that molded them. But at this point, I don't think ignorance is a legitimate excuse. They could have read and researched for themselves.

The only thing that excuses them in my mind is determinism, they really can't control anything. So it's hard to blame anyone. This world is just a giant predetermined crystal.

I'm going to find out if my Grandpa was prescribed statins at the time of his death via aneurysm. If so I'm probably going to dig up the prescribing doctors information and send said doctor an email. Maybe I'll tell him he's a complete quack but I don't see that really having much of an impact, to defend his ego he'll just disregard everything I say. The correct method would be to simply send him the links in this post, tell him what I think about it. Build some rapport. And when he's comofrtable and agreeding with me, that's when I call him a quack. Hahah I doubt I'd do that, I'd feel too bad (unless said doctor is a complete ****). This is all presupposing my Grandfather was prescribed a statin in the first place, but I seem to remember hearing about his cholesterol.

OP
BigYellowLemon
It is bad and unhealthy for lactose intolerant individuals to consume lactose, yet it's good to consume resistant starch (et al.)?

The symptoms of lactose intolerance are just a magnified version of what happens when you consume resistant starch and all the other fermentable BS people think is healthy.

And what's also funny to point out, is that the molecules people think are responsible for the supposed positive effects of ferment-able material, primarily butyric acid, are all SATURATED FATS. It's hilarious, whenever a mainstream person tries to educate you on the blessings of butyric acid, always mention that it's a saturated fat.

They'll scratch their head and will experience a lightning-bolt of cognitive dissonance, they won't be able to make sense of it. Saturated, AND healthy?!?! While we understand that the REASON it's healthy is BECAUSE it's saturated.

^ I have so many examples of logical fallacies, I just keep adding them to my mental list.

From what I understand, there's barely any butyrate produced from resistant starch anyways. And there's stuff like short chain alcohols (including ethanol) produced, that I would never feel comfortable eating that way, in addition to all of the other things feeding flora can do.

EIRE24

Acne gone. Hair loss completely stopped. Fatigue is much better. Mood is alright. Excessive BO gone. Teeth seem to be improving (less clear, more white, little to no pain).

Eating a lot of PUFA. Cut dairy out.

Still using caffeine and nicotine in excess.

Mood is still an issue but there's reasons other than physical health for that.
What helped get rid of your acne?

OP
BigYellowLemon
What helped get rid of your acne?

Not consuming a lot of dairy, having a "clean" diet in general, not being under any stress I guess. Also removes dandruff.

I am healthy as **** nowadays (I think), not perfect, but compared to last year at this time I feel amazing. I don't know exactly how well my body is running, but I want to say above average.

Stomach never hurts from any food, like ever. I have an iron gut. If diet is kept clean, no hairloss at all (in fact, significant regrowth), no dandruff, no acne, good teeth, strong body and very resilient (can lift heavy-**** ***t even though I don't exercise at all), moods always at least decent, libido is sky high even though I'm on kratom all day every day.

Though my health becomes very bad when I run out of methyl-folate, molybdenum, manganese, and lithium, most the first two though. I go through them quick and have to re-up all the damn time, I'll sometimes forget to buy them, which means I'll go a few days or weeks sometimes without them. Everything suffers when I'm without them. Right now I actually ran out of everything except the manganese like 2 days ago, gonna have to buy more or suffer some unpleasant feelings. I can already feel it creeping up.

EIRE24

Not consuming a lot of dairy, having a "clean" diet in general, not being under any stress I guess. Also removes dandruff.

I am healthy as **** nowadays (I think), not perfect, but compared to last year at this time I feel amazing. I don't know exactly how well my body is running, but I want to say above average.

Stomach never hurts from any food, like ever. I have an iron gut. If diet is kept clean, no hairloss at all (in fact, significant regrowth), no dandruff, no acne, good teeth, strong body and very resilient (can lift heavy-**** ***t even though I don't exercise at all), moods always at least decent, libido is sky high even though I'm on kratom all day every day.

Though my health becomes very bad when I run out of methyl-folate, molybdenum, manganese, and lithium, most the first two though. I go through them quick and have to re-up all the damn time, I'll sometimes forget to buy them, which means I'll go a few days or weeks sometimes without them. Everything suffers when I'm without them. Right now I actually ran out of everything except the manganese like 2 days ago, gonna have to buy more or suffer some unpleasant feelings. I can already feel it creeping up.
So what is a c"clean diet" to you?

OP
BigYellowLemon
@EIRE24

I really eat pretty horribly. The main thing that is a trigger for acne is homogenized dairy (commercial yogurt counts here).

Even when I eat tons of super processed food, as long as I don't eat dairy, acne will be low or nonexistent.

And even when I eat dairy, it sometimes will do nothing, like right now I have no acne, but I've been consuming dairy.

I forgot to mention, I used to make my own skin creams, containing niacinamide, aspirin, DHEA, pregnenolone, copper, vitamins A/K/C/E, butter/olive oil, and vaseline.

I haven't used those in a while.

What I've been doing for a couple of months now, is that I don't use any shampoo or conditioner, instead when I take a shower, I thoroughly wash my hair with medium-temp water, really scrub my scalp heavily (I make sure my nails don't damage anything by cutting them short, and making sure they aren't sharp, it takes about a day or two for the after-cutting sharpness to leave). Then after I get out of the shower, I apply a ton of vaseline to my hair, wait a few minutes to an hour, and then wash my hair again thoroughly.

And after washing my face, I will apply a thin layer of vaseline.

Both are very helpful, because they lock tons of moisture in. Worst thing for my skin is dryness.

I then go a few days without washing my hair, the more I wash it the worse it looks. When following the method I described, I get comments about how soft my hair looks, some people will actually ask me what I do with my hair, I love the look on their face when I tell them I don't use shampoo/conditioner.

Instead of washing hair twice, you can just apply a small amount of vaseline and leave it be. There's a fine line between a good amount of vaseline, and greasy looking wet hair. I notice it takes about a day or two for the hair to start looking really good after applying the vaseline.

I've also been adding lanolin in there too.

With winter coming, making your hair and skin has a layer of something is important to prevent drying out.

What I also tried for a little bit was vinegar + coconut oil + salt scrubs on my face and hair. It felt damaging to my hair so I haven't done that in a while, though there is no evidence for any damage.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I really hope Donald Trump isn't using finasteride anymore, it worries me greatly whether he is or not.

I hope he doesn't have a charlatan doctor.

Imagine if he was on keto-11-DHT or something of that nature.

He needs his health to be good in order to fight these monsters off.
Fear not. :hattip