Having Difficulty With Losing Weight

Carina

I've been wanting to lose weight for years. I'm 5'4" and weigh 132 pounds. I used to weigh 133, then I lost 3 pounds and gain 2 pounds back. I've been through almost every diet you can imagine. I've tried the standard borderline starvation low fat/carb/calorie diet, vegetarianism/veganism, high fat/low carb, and high protein/low carb diets. None of those have done anything for me. I've never lost or gain any weight on those diets. All they did was either made me sick, feel hungry all the time, feel sluggish, and made me lose some of my hair. I was lightly peating for about a year until I was diagnosed with PCOS in May. That was when I started hardcore peating and it's making me lose and gain weight and I feel somewhat normal eating this way, which shows some promise, but I want some extra advice about whether or not I might be sabotaging myself when it comes to losing weight. I've been taking 800 IU of vitamin E a day for about a month, I started taking aspirin today, and progesterone oil yesterday. I also just found out that I have high LDL cholesterol and I know means that I have hypothyroidism, even though the blood test for that said my thyroid levels were normal, but I know blood tests for thyroid are inaccurate. I wasn't consuming as much sugar as I needed when I got my blood drawn, so I know it doesn't have to do with the high cholesterol. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jason_I

Hmm, it's a difficult one to be sure! That said, 'borderline starvation' doesn't exactly sound like the healthiest approach to weight loss, and would probably do you more harm than good! At least from my own experience. As you've mentioned, going in for more tests / talking with a professional might be your best bet, as it seems odd you haven't been able to shift any significant weight given what you've tried so far. You mention the possibility of hypothyroidism, so you might want to follow up on that. As some posts mention, weight gain / difficulty losing weight can come down to a thyroid issue more than anything you're doing wrong as far as exercise / diet is concerned. So yeah, given what you've said I'd talk with your GP or similar and look into what else may be contributing to this, or wait for another forum member with a little more experience to jump in! :D

ilpmusic

I've been wanting to lose weight for years. I'm 5'4" and weigh 132 pounds. I used to weigh 133, then I lost 3 pounds and gain 2 pounds back. I've been through almost every diet you can imagine. I've tried the standard borderline starvation low fat/carb/calorie diet, vegetarianism/veganism, high fat/low carb, and high protein/low carb diets. None of those have done anything for me. I've never lost or gain any weight on those diets. All they did was either made me sick, feel hungry all the time, feel sluggish, and made me lose some of my hair. I was lightly peating for about a year until I was diagnosed with PCOS in May. That was when I started hardcore peating and it's making me lose and gain weight and I feel somewhat normal eating this way, which shows some promise, but I want some extra advice about whether or not I might be sabotaging myself when it comes to losing weight. I've been taking 800 IU of vitamin E a day for about a month, I started taking aspirin today, and progesterone oil yesterday. I also just found out that I have high LDL cholesterol and I know means that I have hypothyroidism, even though the blood test for that said my thyroid levels were normal, but I know blood tests for thyroid are inaccurate. I wasn't consuming as much sugar as I needed when I got my blood drawn, so I know it doesn't have to do with the high cholesterol. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
One of the things that has been helping me lose some weight is what they did in the 50s when they use gelatin. Gelatin does make you feel full plus it is protein. So I have been cooking carrots puréeing them and adding gelatin. This soup keeps me full so I don't eat other stuff that is heavier in fat or calories. I use this for one of my meals plus I eat some fruit and sometimes a low-fat cheese stick. I am going to try making it with tomatoes or squash/pumpkin instead of carrots. I heard to avoid potatoes and sourdough bread(starches) for weight loss.

Last edited:

Broken man

This is problem of alot of peatarians. I found that when I am drinking alot of coffee, eating sugar from fruits, 100+ g of protein, I am cutting my weight easily.