Thyroid Labs Normal, Temperatures Still Suck

Alex Prather

Hi all, I'm new here to the forum. I recently got some labs done with the following results:

TSH:1.9 µU/mL
Free T4: 1.3 ng/dL
Free T3: 3.2 pg/mL
TPOab: 26 IU/mL

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these look pretty good right??

I started taking T3 anyways, because my temps are low. Morning temps range from 96.9-97.2 and afternoon temps are 97.7-98.0. I took 5 mcg for the first few days with no temperature budge. Moved up to 12.5 mcg with no budge. Moved up to 25 mcg with no budge. Now I'm at 50 mcg and I do not want to increase the dose anymore. Still no temp budge.

Does it simply take a while for the T3 to resolve temperature issues?

I'm thinking this: since my Free T3 levels were good before even starting Cytomel, there is something going on at the receptor site blocking my T3 from affecting the cell. So no matter how much I take, I bet it wont do anything. What are your thoughts??

Jez

Hi,

I didn't see changes in my temps until I ate more carbs and boosted my metabolism. Thyroid meds are just one of the pieces of the puzzle.
Ensuring your liver function is optimal to allow for conversion of T4 to T3 is vital and eating enough calories daily to boost metabolism from Peat suggested foods whilst keeping protein adequate, fat low and carbs from fruits (In my opinion) is what worked for me. takes time though. Welcome and good luck - lots of helpful people here and heaps of solid research and results, have a good read. Haidut has a lot of science studies and a lot of members have posted useful information. A good idea is to put a post in the looking for help section and list your details height, weight etc and what you eat daily/supps etc so people can make suggestions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals