Oxtail Soup Recipes?

omnivoracious

Hello, I am new to the forum and all things Ray Peat. I recently made stock/soup from chicken feet and quite enjoyed this dish. I am checking to see if anyone has a preferred recipe for oxtail soup. I have the oxtails ready to go so any suggestions that are Peat-friendly would be much appreciated. I saw one recipe online that suggested dredging the oxtails in flour so obviously that wasn't going to work.

aquaman

Put oxtail in water with salt --> boil for 5 hours.

Voila!

Put some green veggies in near the end for added calcium. And don't overthink things ;)

OP
O

omnivoracious

Thank you @aquaman. I did a quick boil with the chicken feet which I think helped break down the feet and I will plan to do the same with the oxtail. I plan to make some tomorrow so we'll see how it works out.

Hello, I am new to the forum and all things Ray Peat. I recently made stock/soup from chicken feet and quite enjoyed this dish. I am checking to see if anyone has a preferred recipe for oxtail soup. I have the oxtails ready to go so any suggestions that are Peat-friendly would be much appreciated. I saw one recipe online that suggested dredging the oxtails in flour so obviously that wasn't going to work.
This is my easiest "Peatist" oxtail recipe. I saute sweet maui onion & spring onion both white and green parts in oxtail fat, add Chinese 5-Spice, gelatinous oxtail bone broth and then broil my already boiled oxtails before snuggling them in the soup SO Soooo good!

Attachments

• 20210130_141858.jpg
    20210130_141858.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 63
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals