Ray Peat Approved Safe Fruits

Amazoniac

It doesn't make much sense for a fruit to cause indigestion in those that help to spread its seeds. They must pass just like any other indigestible matter without causing much trouble, especially the tiny ones. As long as they're not crushed, which is what happens when they're blended, I think that the avoidance in unjustified. Eating the fruits that you crave and those that please you the most is a better mindset in my opinion.
Enjoy your strawberries ! - Ray Peat Q&A
To poison those that are able to spread the seeds would be like charlie wanting a higher quality discussion on the forum but blocking the ability of Travis to post.

Gametime

Would like to get a list of approved fruits going. Melons are out of season where I am, so moving onto grapes now.

Hat tip to ARK for providing the list below:

Apples, peeled and cooked

Cherimoya

Cherries

Guavas

Longans

Lychees

Olives- lye processed, no sulfites or iron

Oranges

Pawpaws

Pears, peeled and cooked

Sapotes

Tangerines

Watermelon

Avocado, occasional use

Lemons

Limes
Just found a post on Danny Roddys Instagram, you'll have to add plums, prunes, dates!

Attachments

• IMG_1631.PNG
    IMG_1631.PNG
    214.4 KB · Views: 149

Tarmander

This thread is like a peak back through time at the rotating members on this forum and the stumbling through grasping Ray's knowledge :D:D

Shout out to Pears and Organic Grapes.

I wonder if the l-citrulline in water melon was ever a concern for Peat/

tara

where I can make a quart of freshly squeezed (pulp free) OJ
The cooling effect is really irratating.
How much are you drinking in one go?
If you are drinking a whole litre at once, maybe that is part of the issue?Does it make a difference if you have just 100ml or 200ml a few times a day?

I swear citrus fruits also give me mouth ulcers. Hence I am starting to think that I may just be allergic to them.
When you say you get good ones, you mean sweet - not unripe, sour? Or maybe you do have some personal sensitivity to them - some people do.

Maybe I should try warming my freshly squeezed OJ? LOL. No, but seriously?
Seems like an obvious thing to try. I usually warm my OJ up at least a little. Large cold drinks can be expected to cool down the core.

Amazoniac

Caller: Dr Peat, I wanted to ask about what I am starting to gather from reading most of your nutritional philosophy and then also looking at the East West Healing Cookbook that you wrote the forward for, and I’ve noticed that on a lot of the food preparations that they will take the seeds out of like cucumbers, tomatoes and you know you always skin the potatoes and I think I understand why, but I just wanted to understand this a little bit better. I know that we don’t want seeds because they have polyunsaturated fats, but you would think a lot of those seeds would just pass through - but is it because a lot of these things will lodge in the crooks and crannies of the intestine and possibly just sit there and just become an irritant or possibly the bacteria will feed off of that because...

RP: No, some seeds do pass through harmlessly, like cactus pear seeds. They are so tough that they pass through without being an irritant - but tomato seeds are so tender that if they get crushed by chewing they release fairly toxic materials, protein oxidising -and seeds in general are protected for the plant’s benefit by toxins that are aimed at whatever predator threatens them. So many seeds contain toxins that are intended to prevent mammalian enzymes from digesting them.

Caller: Aha, so like a blackberry seed, blackberries, I mean they seem so good but those seeds they seem like they are just going to get stuck in the intestine somewhere cause they are so hard. Is that a possibility or are they going to pass through or are they going to create that toxic effect?

RP: No, they pass right through unless you chew them and have an allergic reaction.

L

Lord Cola

Does anybody know where Dr. Peat talks about plums being good? Interested in what to look for, and what to avoid in plums; since there are so many things to look out for in even seemingly simple stuff like orange juice and milk.

Tenacity

Does anybody know where Dr. Peat talks about plums being good? Interested in what to look for, and what to avoid in plums; since there are so many things to look out for in even seemingly simple stuff like orange juice and milk.
I've not read a Peat quote concerning plums, but in my experience they seem to be bad for the gut, worsening the quality of the skin.

revenant

What's wrong with peaches, nectarines and apricots? What about berries? This list of acceptable fruit is ridiculously short.

Ben Stone

Any of the Fruit ninjas on here comment on guava seeds - I strain them and eat the resultant mush, in an attempt to avoid the small seeds. Would be so much better not to have to do that, thoughts?

J

jb116

Any of the Fruit ninjas on here comment on guava seeds - I strain them and eat the resultant mush, in an attempt to avoid the small seeds. Would be so much better not to have to do that, thoughts?
Those seeds are hard and resilient enough to simply pass through your digestive system if ingested.

Peatogenic

This is the latest list of fruits from Dr. Peat.

Apples, peeled and cooked

Cherimoya

Cherries

Guavas

Longans

Lychees

Olives- lye processed, no sulfites or iron

Oranges

Pawpaws

Pears, peeled and cooked

Sapotes

Tangerines

Watermelon

Avocado, occasional use

Lemons

Limes

Any thoughts on papaya? I guess high in beta carotene. Wish there were more melons on this list.

Papaya + lemon juice + chopped mint :hearteyes:

schultz

Atemoyas are one of my favourite fruits. I like cherimoya too. Both of these are amazing, very sweet and easy to digest (for myself at least).

This thread is like a peak back through time at the rotating members on this forum and the stumbling through grasping Ray's knowledge

Haha, yah I was thinking the same thing. It mirrors my own journey as well with thoughts like "wth am I supposed to even eat?!" to now understanding things a lot better and being able to decide for myself what I think is "good" or "bad".

lvysaur

Surprised he didn't mention dates. The ones from Iran tastes the best (and you are supporting the country also).
I don't mind dates, but they've always been my least favorite fruit--simply because I perceive them to have no unique flavor whatsoever. Just sugar.
That's not a problem, but I almost see them as white rice or brown sugar.

I'm interested to know what Ray thinks of jackfruit. Easily the most fragrant and tasty fruit on the planet when properly ripe, but the rubbery latex fiber tells me it's not good to eat too much.

Peatress

Dr Peat was asked about Cactus fruit like prickly pears and dragon fruit and he said they were delicious and full of minerals. I can’t link the interview but if you search the bioenergetic.life the interview question should come up. I tried this fruit for the first time today and it was pleasant

1694029959204.png

Birdie

Dr Peat was asked about Cactus fruit like prickly pears and dragon fruit and he said they were delicious and full of minerals. I can’t link the interview but if you search the bioenergetic.life the interview question should come up. I tried this fruit for the first time today and it was pleasant

View attachment 55180
It's very pretty. I've been eating a lot of watermelon and honeydew. Too much of it actually..... Refreshing in this summer heat but too much is too much.

Peatress

It's very pretty. I've been eating a lot of watermelon and honeydew. Too much of it actually..... Refreshing in this summer heat but too much is too much.
I love Ivory Gaya Melons and I tend to over do it whenever I eat them.

1694113900067.png

Gawdawg

I'm late to the game with this thread, but, I remember listening to Ray talk about fruits and one of the issues he mentioned was the type of fiber in the fruit that could be problematic in the gut; such as mangos and pineapples. In an interview he mentioned being in a country where mangos were plenty. The natives to that country told him about mango sickness. I don't remember all the details. He also mentioned pineapples are high in tryptophan.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom