Has Anyone Used Progesterone To Lower Serotonin Levels In The Brain?

japanesedude

As I stated, progesterone is not the only thing I've tried, there are multiple components in my diet and lifestyle that have brought me to where I am.

If you are having serotonin issues, in my experience that comes from an unhealthy digestive tract and/or too much stress. I have found that boiled mushrooms needs to be a daily practice to keep my mental clarity coherent.

I'm not sure what's on your overall life regimen, but there has never been a quick fix from what product or substance for myself. It's always been a combination of many many factors.

Thx.
Im taking 500mg Niacinamide and 200mg caffine pills for twice a day.
but I still have an IBS. will try mushrooms.

For the first 6 months I was doing 10 drops of progest e before bed time. Since then I mainly use it in the summer topically for skin care/sun burns, sore gums/enamel. So I currently do not use it consistently, but I always keep it around as a life line.

10drops Progest E delivers 30mg Progesterone . wow thats a lot for a man!
I've been taking Andro,Kuinone,Pansterone to improve thyroid function,optimize my hormone level and helping my over all health.
The reason why I want to try Progesterone is , I have problem with sleeping over the past two years and maybe applying Progesterone on nipples can reduce my pubertal gyno.

Velve921

Thx.
Im taking 500mg Niacinamide and 200mg caffine pills for twice a day.
but I still have an IBS. will try mushrooms.

I've experiment with mushrooms, raw carrot, and bamboo shoots. I always feel my best when I keep my digestive tract regulated. The mushrooms have become a 5-7 day a week food staple.

10drops Progest E delivers 30mg Progesterone . wow thats a lot for a man!
I've been taking Andro,Kuinone,Pansterone to improve thyroid function,optimize my hormone level and helping my over all health.
The reason why I want to try Progesterone is , I have problem with sleeping over the past two years and maybe applying Progesterone on nipples can reduce my pubertal gyno.

The drops I used I eye balled...cannot say exactly the amount nor do I recommend what I did to anyone. At the beginning of this journey I was desperate and made many impulsive decisions. The science behind progesterone has been discussed by Dr. Peat and everyone on this forum about possible effects. I am confident that my diet and lifestyle keeps me anabolic from a holistic perspective. Therefore, if I add in Progesterone 1-2x a week I simply think...there are many worse substances in the world I could be consuming that are way worse (if progesterone happens to be negative in anyway)...i.e. PUFA, added gums and beans, poor starches, radiation, alcohol etc... Everybody responds differently to life implementations....just be mindful how you feel when making changes and trying new things would be my best advice.

OP
M

member 6316

how much does Progesterone enhance MAO-A ?? is it a small bit or is it big??

japanesedude

The drops I used I eye balled...cannot say exactly the amount nor do I recommend what I did to anyone. At the beginning of this journey I was desperate and made many impulsive decisions. The science behind progesterone has been discussed by Dr. Peat and everyone on this forum about possible effects. I am confident that my diet and lifestyle keeps me anabolic from a holistic perspective. Therefore, if I add in Progesterone 1-2x a week I simply think...there are many worse substances in the world I could be consuming that are way worse (if progesterone happens to be negative in anyway)...i.e. PUFA, added gums and beans, poor starches, radiation, alcohol etc... Everybody responds differently to life implementations....just be mindful how you feel when making changes and trying new things would be my best advice.

I understand. Thx a lot
probably,If I use DHEA and Andro with Progesterone, I will get great benefits without hurting Androgens.

OP
M

member 6316

apparantly all these increase mao- a activity any thoughts?

lexapro

methylfolate

rauwolfia serpentina

valproic acid

Sucrates

I have the milder variant of MAOA downregulation, tend to do well with serotonin lowering substances. The first time I took progesterone (20mg) I had a fantastic sleep, 10/10 would sleep again! I lowered the dose after that due to potential anti-androgenic effects, seems the effect was much less too.

On paper I think theanine has a similar effect without the possible downsides.

I purchased rauwolfia a while back for some issues I was having, found out before it arrived that I was hyper and that was likely the root of my issues. I didn't try it. One of the compounds is reserpine (IIRC). There's some reasons to be cautious with it, especially if there is a tendency to have migraine. I think it can trigger migraine in susceptible people by causing platelets to dump serotonin.

OP
M

member 6316

I have the milder variant of MAOA downregulation, tend to do well with serotonin lowering substances. The first time I took progesterone (20mg) I had a fantastic sleep, 10/10 would sleep again! I lowered the dose after that due to potential anti-androgenic effects, seems the effect was much less too.

On paper I think theanine has a similar effect without the possible downsides.

I purchased rauwolfia a while back for some issues I was having, found out before it arrived that I was hyper and that was likely the root of my issues. I didn't try it. One of the compounds is reserpine (IIRC). There's some reasons to be cautious with it, especially if there is a tendency to have migraine. I think it can trigger migraine in susceptible people by causing platelets to dump serotonin.
i think theanine makes mao-a more active but doesent increase mao-a so it would only be useful if you take something that raises mao-a with the theanine ..
did progesterone have any effect on anxiety ?

Sucrates

i think theanine makes mao-a more active but doesent increase mao-a so it would only be useful if you take something that raises mao-a with the theanine ..
did progesterone have any effect on anxiety ?

I wasn't anxious when I took it, there was a strong sedating or relaxing effect at 20mg.
Months later I found smaller doses made me a little jittery, probably because I was hyper and progesterone was exacerbating that.

OP
M

member 6316

it hasnt arrived yet taking its sweet **** time.. almost 2 week since i ordered.

OP
M

member 6316

my progest e arrived instructions say to put the drops on your gums or tongue? I thought you could put it on your wrist? well i did put 4 drops on my wrist now am I supposed to smear it or just let it absorb in my skin ?

OP
M

member 6316

I dont think that would work.

I rub it on my gums.
ok i put 4 drops on my finger and smeared it all over my gums..... i dont feel anything yet but i remember when i first put the progest on my wrist my stomach would hurt/ feel funny.