Surrogates For Thyroid Hormone

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut thanks.

How long does it generally take (I know each case is different and unique in its own right) to overcome a relative caffeine intolerance? I do well on caffeine pills, but occasionally coffee can bring on a stress response and lower pulse and bring on hypoglycemia.

I am someone, like others, who is relatively unsure if stress (professional & relationship) brought on metabolism problems, or if metabolism problems made my stress feel much more significant than it truly is/was. I lean towards the latter, but the chicken or the egg debate is always interesting with the body and the brain.

The animal studies showed caffeine in HED of 200mg - 300mg daily reversed fatty liver in just 7 days. Not sure if the same holds in humans, but it seems to match the so-called "caffeine desensitization" occurring in about a week, which I thing is simply the liver being able to tolerate caffeine better. There is some adenosine receptor adaptation to the caffeine but the disappearance of jitters and such is probably due to improved liver function.

Jsaute21

So for former athletes that are born with decently favorable hormones, you would conclude that liver function was impaired by PUFA consumption combined with over training? Can't put my finger on what else would induce and bring on sub optimal liver function?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So for former athletes that are born with decently favorable hormones, you would conclude that liver function was impaired by PUFA consumption combined with over training? Can't put my finger on what else would induce and bring on sub optimal liver function?

Athletes are actually not very healthy. The years of overexertion brings about insulin resistance and hypothyroidism in many of them, as well as fatty liver and other ailments. Many of them have really poor dental health, which is tied to thyroid function. Their health is probably top notch before they become athletes and that is what selects the for becoming athletes. But after their career is over many/most of them decline rather quickly (depend on what sport they competed in).
Exercise (endurance) Is Bad For Your Oral Health
High Percentage Of Endurance Athletes Have Asthma

Jsaute21

Why is it so damn hard to raise pulse? I have alleviated my morning constipation with proper nutrition and caffeine intake, which is a plus. But getting my pulse to stay above 70 is proving damn impossible for me. Don't know if it is a time thing or just dealing with the hand i was dealt with.

TubZy

Is thiamine considered a surrogate on its own or it just amplifies the effects of caffeine and aspirin? Specifically high dose thiamine.

Milena

To anyone taking any of these thyroid surrogates, caffeine, B1, B3 etc. Did you notice any changes in digestion? Thanks.
I'm taking B3 500mg, aspirin 325mg, caffeine 200mg thrice daily. Regular bowel movements; nothing else to report.

Dhair

Athletes are actually not very healthy. The years of overexertion brings about insulin resistance and hypothyroidism in many of them, as well as fatty liver and other ailments. Many of them have really poor dental health, which is tied to thyroid function. Their health is probably top notch before they become athletes and that is what selects the for becoming athletes. But after their career is over many/most of them decline rather quickly (depend on what sport they competed in).
Exercise (endurance) Is Bad For Your Oral Health
High Percentage Of Endurance Athletes Have Asthma
What do you think of applying caffiene to the testicles like T3? How would you personally go about doing that? For either primary or secondary hypogonadism

Broken man

What do you think of applying caffiene to the testicles like T3? How would you personally go about doing that? For either primary or secondary hypogonadism
Caffeine on the scrotum can somewhat replace the effects of the thyroid and as I mentioned in the thread on raising serum androgens, when using caffeine only 1/3 of the Kuinone dose is needed as higher doses resulted in LESS synthesis of T.

Caffeine has androgenic effects on the testes
Low dose caffeine effective for premature ejaculation
Caffeine Acts Like Supplemental Thyroid - It Suppresses TSH / GH

Velve921

I have noticed when doing these combinations, mainly 100-200mg of B3 with coffee, sugar, coconut oil, and gelatin decreases my appetite and gives consistent pulse/temp for 3-4 hours. Normally without B3, I need to be eating every 1-2 hours. Thoughts?

Velve921

Higher metabolism can certainly burn more quickly through your glycogen stores and if your blood sugar drops then you geta headache. High doses of niacinamide are known to cause low blood sugar and headache.
Also, the lowered appetite is a known side-effect of caffeine. I can't find the study right now, but caffeine (by antagonizing adenosine) tricks the sells into thinking that they have more ATP available and this reuslts into less urge to eat.

I have recently started experimenting with the caffeine/aspirin/B3 combination. This morning at 8am I did:

6 TBSP of gelatin
1 TBSP of coconut oil
3 TBSP of sugar
1/2 cup of 2% milk
Pinch of salt
100 mg of coffee
1/2 grain of NDT
325mg of aspirin
500mg of Niacinamide

I was able to go 3.5 hours with no food...normally I need to eat every 1-2 hours. Heart rate stuck at 100bpm but I was not jittery; just calm and relaxed. I realize thats a high metabolic response but I did not have any hard crashes or headaches. Do you think this is a good sign that the combination is doing its job in supporting good cellular function?

Jsaute21

I have recently started experimenting with the caffeine/aspirin/B3 combination. This morning at 8am I did:

6 TBSP of gelatin
1 TBSP of coconut oil
3 TBSP of sugar
1/2 cup of 2% milk
Pinch of salt
100 mg of coffee
1/2 grain of NDT
325mg of aspirin
500mg of Niacinamide

I was able to go 3.5 hours with no food...normally I need to eat every 1-2 hours. Heart rate stuck at 100bpm but I was not jittery; just calm and relaxed. I realize thats a high metabolic response but I did not have any hard crashes or headaches. Do you think this is a good sign that the combination is doing its job in supporting good cellular function?

Yes...Ideally a person does not have to eat every 1-2 hours.

japanesedude

I took 200mg Caffine pill + 500mg Naicinamide and took this combo again 4hours latar.
this combo gave me infinty enegy,awakeness,reduce bloating, and killed my anxiety.
but i also felt bit jitta and irritability.

superhuman

I was wondering for people doing calorie restriction etc and try to loose fat. If this combo has stalled the fat loss in terms of high amount of niacinamide and aspirin

Orion

I took 200mg Caffine pill + 500mg Naicinamide and took this combo again 4hours latar.
this combo gave me infinty enegy,awakeness,reduce bloating, and killed my anxiety.
but i also felt bit jitta and irritability.

Took me about ~2 weeks using 300mg caffeine, 300mg B1, 125mg B3 and 81mg aspirin - 4 times during to day to have the jitters/irritability go away

Still using the daily total; 1200mg caffeine, 1200mg B1, 500mg B3 and 325mg aspirin.

The more sluggish, fatty, fibrotic your liver is the longer it can take to heal and improve glycogen storage.

japanesedude

Took me about ~2 weeks using 300mg caffeine, 300mg B1, 125mg B3 and 81mg aspirin - 4 times during to day to have the jitters/irritability go away

Still using the daily total; 1200mg caffeine, 1200mg B1, 500mg B3 and 325mg aspirin.

The more sluggish, fatty, fibrotic your liver is the longer it can take to heal and improve glycogen storage.

1200mg caffine lol
I get palpitations and small heart pain from this combo.
maybe I should try some aspirin with bakingsoda

would this also double over as a surrogate?

I plan to try tonight to see how this affects my system but see it functioning similar. Was reading some from haidut and he mentioned that Cypro may dull effects of caffeine.

1Mg or .5 Mg of Cypro
200Mg Caffeine
1 tablet of aspirin

Jsaute21

I found out that if I take at least 500mg of niacinamide for every 200mg of caffeine sleep is not an issue. However, today I was experimenting with 250mg niacinamide for every 200mg of caffeine and as of 9:30pm I am still very energetic and not sleepy, which may be a problem for some people. The combo was taken at 11am today, so judge for yourself if that may be an issue.
Btw, I would like to report that for me adding 1500mg thiamine (B1) to the combo results in an even bigger energy increase. My diet is the same, and consists mainly of cheese sticks extra sweet tea, and Pepsi Throwback (with sugar). As of yesterday I have stopped taking Cynoplus and now take this combo exclusively. Today I walked 7 miles without breaking a sweat and not feeling the slightest bit tired. Almost machine-like energy, but not manic or anything like that. Tomorrow I will try to take the combo in 3 separate doses rather than combined and see if that changes anything.

Question relative to this interesting experiment - did you administer this combo prior to eating? I have found that i tolerate caffeine much better prior to my first meal, of course with adequate sugar and either cream or milk. I suppose adding in energin & aspirin with my coffee will yield optimal results prior to my breakfast.

Side note - I seem to not react that favorably to thyroid hormone. My energy from it seems to be more adrenaline driven than metabolism driven.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals