Thyroid Or Coffee(Caffeine) Cause Gynecomastia

OP
A

Abc123

just a few impressions... can't comment on the SHBG. Why is your carotene so high? I am not saying you necessarily have carotenemia, but if so, know that it can interfere with thyroid - see Peat's quotes on carotenemia
Also - some discussion of gynecomastia in the May Ask Your Herb Doctor program - in the interview he mentions estrogen being related to gyno.
I am just wondering if you have had your thyroid measured recently. The reason i ask is, IIUC, Peat indicates that gyno could possibly be an indication of high estrogen, and low thyroid can result in high estrogen. The high carotene and vitamin A can block thyroid.
If you are eating a daily carrot you could try rinsing it to minimize carotene, or try other alternatives for eradicating endotoxin and blocking estrogen reabsorption. I think Peat mentions bamboo shoots or well-cooked mushrooms as alternatives to the daily carrot. i think ac works too but am not positive.
If you are not eating enough, as well as enough sugar, i think taking thyroid or aspirin/niacinamide/caffeine could use up all of your glycogen and cause a surge in adrenaline. It is especially problematic if your liver can't store too much sugar.
Thank you! Yes I was consuming 1-2 carrot Salads daily. Which I have stopped consuming because the high carotene. I was also taking Estroban daily which has 6000iu of Vit A. I wil be cutting back on that. I will be having mushrooms a few times per week for Estrogen control instead of the carrots.

I'm finding myself tolerating the coffee much better with more sugar and cream. And I'm usually having it after a meal and drink it slowly. So I think liver is improving. But the problem of high SHBG still remains a mystery

OP
A

Abc123

So still no improvements for me with the gyno. I'm going back for more labs tomorrow. One hormone I haven't tested is Progesterone. So that will be taken tomorrow. Any of labs I should check while I'm there?

I'm really debating on giving Arimidex a try. I really don't know what else to do. Estroban hasn't done anything for me. Either has the Carrots or Mushrooms. So not sure if this is Estrogen or Progesterone related.

OP
A

Abc123

FINALLY!

I just got more labs done and Progesterone is HIGH! Estrogen is fine.

Progesterone - 0.24 (<0.16)
Estrogen - 20.78 (7.02 - 49.06)

So this gyno issue is related to Progesterone. Do anyone know of Progesterone Inhibitors? Cabergoline? Arimidex?

Thank you!

Scenes

FINALLY!

I just got more labs done and Progesterone is HIGH! Estrogen is fine.

Progesterone - 0.24 (<0.16)
Estrogen - 20.78 (7.02 - 49.06)

So this gyno issue is related to Progesterone. Do anyone know of Progesterone Inhibitors? Cabergoline? Arimidex?

Thank you!

Everyone loves progesterone on this forum...it should inhibit estrogen and be protective and stimulate metabolism and all sorts of benefits.

Personally I don't know enough to help you, but I do know that a lot of the advice on hormones on this forum has been counterproductive for me.

shepherdgirl

I know nothing about this- like I just read about it out of curiosity - so i am not even sure if my comments are relevant or useful, but I read on Wikipedia that at least some androgens have a higher binding affinity for SHBG than estradiol and estrone do (Sex hormone-binding globulin - Wikipedia). And also that if the estrogen/androgen ratio increases that could be one cause of gyno - meaning something is lowering androgen levels and/or increasing estrogen levels so that the ratio is going up. (Gynecomastia - Wikipedia)
So possibly a high SHBG is binding more andro relative to estrogens? Or maybe your andro has declined or estrogens are higher than before? There are many other causes too, so maybe you are overlooking something?
Another interesting thing from the SHBG article:
SHBG levels are decreased by androgens ...
hypothyroidism ... SHBG levels increase with estrogenic states ... hyperthyroidism
So maybe it is related to the thyroid meds as you said, esp. given the timing.
Sorry to raise more questions!
Cabergoline lowers prolactin afaik.

OP
A

Abc123

Thank you guys! I'm really stumped on this one. I think I may give Cabergoline a try for a couple weeks and see what it does for me. I'd like to hear @haidut opinion on how to lower Progesterone?

Keep in mind that the amount of caffeine you need to clean the liver quickly (weeks) is pretty high (1200mg+), but lower doses will take longer (months).

And this doesn't account for occasional nights of heavy drinking that might occur in the meantime...

OP
A

Abc123

Why do you want to lower your progesterone?

I would like to lower Progesterone because of all the issues I'm having. For the longest time I thought Estrogen was causing low libido, low sex drive, water retention. Everytime I took blood labs, my estrogen has been fine. They I finally tested Progesterone and it came back very high.

So High Progesterone kinda explains all of the above! Progesterone - 0.24 (<0.16)

OP
A

Abc123

And this doesn't account for occasional nights of heavy drinking that might occur in the meantime...
I dont drink alcohol at all. I've been having a 14oz cup of coffee daily. Im guessing i need a lot more caffeine than that!

shepherdgirl

So High Progesterone kinda explains all of the above!
Well you could be right - there are some guys on here who complain of various problems with high progesterone. But there are other things that could explain those symptoms too maybe - like perhaps low thyroid or high SHBG could be related to low libido for ex. I mean I just wouldn't necessarily assume it was the progesterone right off the bat. My impression is that progesterone is antiestrogenic. From what I read gyno can be caused by high estrogen or low andro or both. So it seems to me that somehow lowering progesterone could make you more estrogenic. To me it doesn't make sense that one symptom could be corrected by becoming more estrogenic and one by becoming less estrogenic. If the system is out of balance then maybe all the symptoms you are mentioning could be related to this imbalance. As I said I know nothing about this. All I am saying is to be careful.

Your estrogen may be normal, but could the SHBG's preference for binding androgens over estrogen make your estrogen to androgen ratio too high?

japanesedude

I believe Ray recommends T3 for gyno.
He says Gyno is caused by hypothyroidism.and hypothyrodism causes high prolactin(and high estrogen).
increased thyroid function can raises cortisol and Estrogen,but if your liver function is fine,Estrogen is excreted properly.

also,high progesterone can cause puffy nipples which I get from Pansterone. bcoz Pansterone increase Progesterone.
Caffine can raise T and DHT at 200-400mg and higher dose has Progesterone like effects.

other options to get rid of gyno are DHT gel(Andractim or TitanDHTgel) or DopamineAgonist like bromcriptine or Lisuride.

OP
A

Abc123

Bumping this thread in hopes of figuring out why my progesterone is high. Can anyone help please?

churchmouth

What is the units for the progesterone result? nMol/L? My lab test for progesterone was <0.5 (acceptable range of <.6) nMol/L.

Frankdee20

I believe Ray recommends T3 for gyno.
He says Gyno is caused by hypothyroidism.and hypothyrodism causes high prolactin(and high estrogen).
increased thyroid function can raises cortisol and Estrogen,but if your liver function is fine,Estrogen is excreted properly.

also,high progesterone can cause puffy nipples which I get from Pansterone. bcoz Pansterone increase Progesterone.
Caffine can raise T and DHT at 200-400mg and higher dose has Progesterone like effects.

other options to get rid of gyno are DHT gel(Andractim or TitanDHTgel) or DopamineAgonist like bromcriptine or Lisuride.

I always read that coffee can function like progesterone, but that’s obviously in the body, not brain lol.

Mr_Jeff

Hi there ABC123, I have just joined this site today because I may have the answers for you.

a) Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is a mineral deficiency - mainly Selenium and Iodine. Selenium is essential for converting T4 to T3.
Now, Boron, Silica (Horsetail), Magnesium and a full spectrum Vitamin E will boost the Thyroid's recovery. Abstaining from all forms of Fluoride, Chlorine and Bromides is a MUST. These are Halogens above Iodine in the Periodical Table of Elements. They remove all traces of Iodine from the cells. Iodine is seriously lacking in the modern diet owing to processed food and/or poor soils.

b) Gynecomastia is becoming prevalent in today's men owing to toxic overload and oestrogen mimicking chemicals in the diet and environment eg.- plastics containing BPA and BPS as one example. As for diet, abstain from Soy products (Tofu is oestrogenic) as they prevent the uptake of essential minerals and other nutrients - ie. acts an an anti-nutrient.
Note ABC123, Fermented organic soys -Tempeh, Natto and Miso are ok in small amounts.
GMOs should be avoided especially some corns and canola products.

c) As for coffee touted as a beneficial treatment, I disagree. Caffeine is the coffee plants' defence chemical from insects etc. That is, you are drinking nerve damaging insecticide.

For brevity, I will stop there for now as this my first post.

Cheers and good luck,
Mr_Jeff.

Last edited:

Fractality

As for coffee touted as a beneficial treatment, I disagree. Caffeine is the coffee plants' defence chemical from insects etc. That is, you are drinking nerve damaging insecticide.

You should elaborate upon this further. It seems like a rather absolute non-scientific exagerrated perspective. Caffeine and nicotine protect nerves.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals