Light Therapy For Thyroid

Would an incandescent bulb of normal strength, 40-60W, shined directly on the thyroid gland be of any use?

I can't really afford the super-expensive LED devices at the moment, so should I even bother trying shining an incandescent light at close range for 15-20 minutes in the evening? Or is that going to be a waste of time?

keith

Would an incandescent bulb of normal strength, 40-60W, shined directly on the thyroid gland be of any use?

I can't really afford the super-expensive LED devices at the moment, so should I even bother trying shining an incandescent light at close range for 15-20 minutes in the evening? Or is that going to be a waste of time?

Probably can't hurt, but my uneducated guess is that it wouldn't have a big impact either. Natural sunlight would be much better if you can get it.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Probably can't hurt, but my uneducated guess is that it wouldn't have a big impact either. Natural sunlight would be much better if you can get it.

Well, I already get 1-2 hours of sunlight during peak hours and I'm still hypothyroid... I really want to try to achieve the therapeutic effect of light as I've seen some people write that they've increased their thyroid hormones by red light therapy. I guess I need to pony up for the specialized lights then. I think it's important to stimulate the thyroid at night time, when hormone production normally peaks.

keith

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals