SAM-E & TMG Question

M

member 6316

Hey what is the mechanism of action of these? Like when you ingest them what does it do to your body? I cant find anything on this....... Does it increase anything ? What purpose do they serve? thanks .

Amber

All i know about SAM-E is that people who are 'undermethylated' take it to increase serotonin. It helps create serotonin in the body so i wouldn't touch it.

x-ray peat

Ray talks a lot of how methionine restricted diets are a good life extension strategy. I assume the methionine is doing something else besides raising SAM-e and serotonin.

OP
M

member 6316

they both increase serotonin? wow. good thing I didnt order them.

Amber

Ray talks a lot of how methionine restricted diets are a good life extension strategy. I assume the methionine is doing something else besides raising SAM-e and serotonin.

Methione is anti thyroid.

Amber

“Muscle catabolism also releases a large amount of cysteine, and cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan suppress thyroid function,” Dr. Ray Peat, PhD.

Amber

I think I have too much serotonin which has caused me to be low in other neurotransmitters

Search around on the forum, lots of threads about lowering serotonin/raising dopamine ;). Haiduts supplements are supposed to be good too, search around for those too. Goodluck.

OP
M

member 6316

Search around on the forum, lots of threads about lowering serotonin/raising dopamine ;). Haiduts supplements are supposed to be good too, search around for those too. Goodluck.
yes i actually ordered cyproheptadine from idealabs which I think haiduts Own

Amber

IS 5-MTHF similar to these?

5-MTHF is folic acid but bypasses the metabolic cycle which transforms folic acid into 5-MTHF. Would only be helpful if you have a MTHFR mutation which makes you unable to transform normal folic acid into 5-MTHF. It is needed for the methylation cycle which creates SAM-E in the body. SAM-E is used to make neurotransmitters. Only situation i'd use these is when someone has confirmed undermethylation. If you take these when overmethylated or normal, you'll feel really bad. Overmethylation can cause high levels of neurotransmitters, mainly serotonin.

OP
M

member 6316

5-MTHF is folic acid but bypasses the metabolic cycle which transforms folic acid into 5-MTHF. Would only be helpful if you have a MTHFR mutation which makes you unable to transform normal folic acid into 5-MTHF. It is needed for the methylation cycle which creates SAM-E in the body. SAM-E is used to make neurotransmitters. Only situation i'd use these is when someone has confirmed undermethylation. If you take these when overmethylated or normal, you'll feel really bad. Overmethylation can cause high levels of neurotransmitters, mainly serotonin.
oh ..... that one I actually have ordered and I suspect im overmethylated. What do you take for overmethylators?

Amber

Overmethylators are usually high in copper/estrogen. This is what causes the overmethylation so u take things that lower copper. Zinc is a good one, magnesium is good, vitamin c, p5p in low doses.

Would start with something like:

2x20mg zinc
1gr vitamin c
20mg p5p
800mg magnesium

See how u feel. If you dont feel good on this i would drop the p5p since it makes some people better and some people worse. Zinc vitamin c and magnesium are definitely good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals