Horseradish Inactivates Bacterial Endotoxin

achillea

Medicinal Uses of Horseradish
Dr. Christopher recommended horseradish as a reliable remedy for sinus infections. Start with 1/4 teaspoon of the freshly grated root and hold it in your mouth until all the taste is gone. It will immediately start cutting the mucus loose from the sinuses to drain down the throat. This will relieve the pressure in your sinuses and help clear infection.

Additionally, horseradish is has been shown in laboratory tests to be antibiotic, active against a variety of bacteria, so this can benefit a sinus infection. It has a high sulphur content, which may contribute to its antibiotic properties. A pungent oil in the root contains these properties.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
A little horseradish with the Ray Peat carrot salad, FTW. :D

Xisca

Start with 1/4 teaspoon of the freshly grated root and hold it in your mouth until all the taste is gone.
Charlie, look where the problem is!
"horse radish for the head, carrot for the gut."

Birdie

Medicinal Uses of Horseradish
Dr. Christopher recommended horseradish as a reliable remedy for sinus infections. Start with 1/4 teaspoon of the freshly grated root and hold it in your mouth until all the taste is gone. It will immediately start cutting the mucus loose from the sinuses to drain down the throat. This will relieve the pressure in your sinuses and help clear infection.

Additionally, horseradish is has been shown in laboratory tests to be antibiotic, active against a variety of bacteria, so this can benefit a sinus infection. It has a high sulphur content, which may contribute to its antibiotic properties. A pungent oil in the root contains these properties.
An old Jewish remedy I hear!

Diokine

I have to say that while the horseradish is extremely effective, it is also extremely caustic to the gut. It was working so well for me that I maybe overdid it and caused some irritation to my small intestine that is just now starting to heal. It only takes a little!

I noticed while using the horseradish my tongue was never white, always pink, and it altered my sense of smell considerably.

Wagner83

The bits about post nasal drip, sinusitis and breathing issues are very intriguing to me. If I have issues I always get sinusitis, then it spreads to head/neck/shoulder ache, ears ache (like stuffed and painful, I know canals are blocked if I blow my nose), and then I get some sort of mild lung infection, I start coughing (I experienced a lot of post nasal drip at a time).
The past few days the issues arose again after a lot of time being free of them. I think dairy is a definite culprit (fresh cream which I love, even soft goat cheese it seems), yet at times some dairy seem to be ok (feta cheese, butter), last time I experienced similar problems was after an oxtail soup with some cayenne pepper. It's possible dairy does not mix well with certain foods as westside Pufas suggested before: fish and even starch.

Xisca

We can also considere that this is all around the thyroid... I feel some global chronic pain around the trachea at the same time (Adam's apple where the thyroid is)
I was thinking also about dairies as a culprit for the infectious/mucousy part, as it was effective for me to stop them.
And I have dairies again, but I had stopped starch when I went back to dairies! Now I see no difference with or without dairies.

I have tried horseradish and it clears my nose quite well in the morning.
I do 1st of all a coconut oil pulling, then a horseradish pulling! I spit all as it has some vegetable gum inside.... and no use for my stomach. I spit it when it is tasteless or nearly ....or when I have to sneeze all!

Integra

The bits about post nasal drip, sinusitis and breathing issues are very intriguing to me. If I have issues I always get sinusitis, then it spreads to head/neck/shoulder ache, ears ache (like stuffed and painful, I know canals are blocked if I blow my nose), and then I get some sort of mild lung infection, I start coughing (I experienced a lot of post nasal drip at a time).
The past few days the issues arose again after a lot of time being free of them. I think dairy is a definite culprit (fresh cream which I love, even soft goat cheese it seems), yet at times some dairy seem to be ok (feta cheese, butter), last time I experienced similar problems was after an oxtail soup with some cayenne pepper. It's possible dairy does not mix well with certain foods as westside Pufas suggested before: fish and even starch.

Same here! But I did no starch for a month (while eating dairy) and it didn't help me with any of the issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals