Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

I find having strong incandescent pool lights helps a LOT to maintain temps, and having a space heater is a help.

I bought a down comforter for sleeping.

It all helps. So does having a good cap you can put on your head.

Xisca

Anyone find they remove extras like hats in their sleep with no recollection of taking them off?
:hilarious:
And I do not believe how I find the bed in the morning! I have as many sheets and blankets as an onion has peels! And I cook a lot at night! ;)

But I don't know what happened, I will take care, but incredibly my temps are 37º3 during the day, and fall at 36º6 at night...
I am analysing the recent changes and will post my ocnclusion in my log.
(left it alone for too long...)

tara

But I don't know what happened, I will take care, but incredibly my temps are 37º3 during the day, and fall at 36º6 at night...
That sounds like success to me!

OP
MyUsernameHere
:hilarious:
And I do not believe how I find the bed in the morning! I have as many sheets and blankets as an onion has peels! And I cook a lot at night! ;)

I am analysing the recent changes and will post my ocnclusion in my log.
(left it alone for too long...)

Temps should drop (and be let to drop) during the evening, towards bed-time, but no lower than 36.3.
You should let your temperature follow a circadian rhythm of low-HIGH-low (morning - noon - evening).
I find that if I overheat too much in the evening, it makes it very difficult for me to fall asleep, and I tend to want to shed clothes, which leads to sleeping without adequate clothing, which leads to low night temperatures, low hormones, and feeling like trash the next day...

Rather just take off most of the heavy clothing after 8PM and then re-dress when I'm about hit the bed.

Xisca

How should temp be in the morning?
I still had 37º1 yesterday night, and then relaxed in bed and it went down to 36º9, then felt asleep.
Tired this morning, and 36º5 in bed.
Stayed in bed, moved a little, started to move my brain too, the usuak thinking, motivation to what Im gonna do... and then temp went up 36º6
I felt like getting up.
Just doing a few things and temps went up slowly but surely, even without drinking warm. I had to do someting outside, just took a spoon of honey. Half an hour later I was over 37º, then took my coffee and some food.

I understand it is hard to get up when temps have not gotten up by themselves early in the morning, right?
Only exercise is really efficient for me...
But I do not want ecess corsisol!

Right now, sitting for a while, still with a warm jumper, but in sandals and feeling some cold on my feet, my temps are 37º1

churchmouth

Can someone help somebody (me) who hasn't done enough reading yet. I am wondering about this idea of keeping the body in a blanketed/hot state. Basic control theory would suggest that when temperature is higher than set-point, the controller would try turn down heat generation. If this is true for our bodies then it would be trying to turn down our metabolism to prevent overheating. Is this addressed?

Can someone help somebody (me) who hasn't done enough reading yet. I am wondering about this idea of keeping the body in a blanketed/hot state. Basic control theory would suggest that when temperature is higher than set-point, the controller would try turn down heat generation. If this is true for our bodies then it would be trying to turn down our metabolism to prevent overheating. Is this addressed?

yeah it's overcoming that, the key. It's being master of the body with the paper thin prefrontal cortex and "convincing" it that it's okay at a higher temperature. It's showing who is boss. That's kind of how Steve puts it.

artlange

Forced one off hyperthermia successful in treating depression...
Raising Body Temperature Relieves Depression Symptoms, Small Study Finds
This process seems similar to using a sauna. Has anyone reset their body temp or reduced their depression symptoms with the help of a sauna?

when I take a hot shower and stay there until my body temp rises to 99.3 or so, I quickly dry off and dress warmly. by the time I'm done dressing, I'm sweating profusely and in a five or ten minutes my temp drops back to 97.something. Taking T3 (Tyronene) a few drops, has no effect, and my body stays at its favorite point of 97.4. I have warm clothing and the feeling I have is that I am continuing to sweat profusely under all of the clothes. any suggestions?

Xisca

That is why I orient myself to looking for adrenal support, but I do not know how, appart from coffee! If T3 does nothing, then problem with adrenals? Or else why it works for some and not for others? Also, can help any method for stress reduction, to regulate the autonomic system.

BTW, have you checked D3? If skin is not warm, then is it assimilated properly with sun?
I had a surprise when I got my D3 results...

artlange

That is why I orient myself to looking for adrenal support, but I do not know how, appart from coffee! If T3 does nothing, then problem with adrenals? Or else why it works for some and not for others? Also, can help any method for stress reduction, to regulate the autonomic system.

BTW, have you checked D3? If skin is not warm, then is it assimilated properly with sun?
I had a surprise when I got my D3 results...
my D3 has been over 50 for several years. I'm supplementing with 5000IU/day

Xisca

Wiser than me lol!
I live at latitude 28°...
Do you have any idea about your adrenaline and cortisol state?
I am very interested in comparing the nervous reactions of people who are cold and when taking T3 is not super efficient especially, to check out my guess about some compensation from adrenals.

artlange

Wiser than me lol!
I live at latitude 28°...
Do you have any idea about your adrenaline and cortisol state?
I am very interested in comparing the nervous reactions of people who are cold and when taking T3 is not super efficient especially, to check out my guess about some compensation from adrenals.
It has been 7 months since my last saliva cortisol overnight sample (every few hours a sample for a total of 4 samples). The first three samples were normal and the last one was slightly lower than lab normal. Many things have changed since then, so I don't know how relevant it is now. Now a peaty diet and thyroid supplements and a proper waking body temp and heart rate. Then I was eating raw kale and other brassicas, and low starchy carbs and low sugars so my thyroid was suppressed. I'm glad I am over that phase of eating.

Now I do not feel cold. I sweat a lot now, whenever my body temp gets over 97.4. T3 does not raise my body temperature. My data on resting HR is not reliable enough to see if T3 affected HR.

artlange

Steve says you need to have something like this, he recommends a car left in the sun, and you get inside and do your reset. That can work, but if you are in winter, or don't hvae a car, or whatever, I think the lights can work too. Maybe just as well. I do have some spots that I can't get warm but in general my system rsponds to them and when I leave the lights I just put on heavy winter clothing.

The problem with just the clothing is that you sweat a lot in them and it's kind of gross and kinds of cools you down also, but it is important to have warm winter clothing around at all times.

I also learned:

1. sleep REALLY REALLY REALLY sweaty-warm

2. wake up, and drink very hot espresso (I think that's helpful cuz it doesn't have a lot of liquid and warms you up through the intense caffeine) and eat something. For me, I get in front of the lights.

3. put out clothes so they are in order of putting them BACK on after the shower. Hat first, then shirt, then jacket, then second jacket, then underpants, then trousers, then socks

4. take a hot shower WITH the thermometer in mouth, to get to 98.6 or 98.8

5. get out, towel off quickly, and put on the clothes in order. That way you don't cool down so much.

Then you try to stay at 98.6 all day long. Each day Steve says you can maintain another hour without too much effort. I'm not sure I'm seeing that yet but it's early days.
I've been working spasmodically resetting my temp for a few weeks. today is the first day I was able to hold my temp near 98.6 for more than 45 minutes. Prior to that about 20 min was the longest I was able to hold near 98.6. I did a number of things different than prior days
1. use of polypropylene long johns for the first layer. the huge amount of sweat doesn't feel so bad with the polyprop underwear as the wet cotton feels.
2. A down jacket with hood over my wool hat and gloves to keep my temp up.
3. no NDT in the morning. only one drop of T3 ( tyronene) shortly after the shower. I wonder if the T4 in the NDT that I used on prior attempts helped to lower my temp. Steve Richfield uses T4 to lower temp of the T3 causes the temp to rise too much..
4. when my oral temp dropped after 15 or 20 minutes if i did some co2 breathing, my oral temp went up a little.

after 45 min at 98.5 my temp started falling so another drop of T3. my temp kept dropping and I never was able to keep my temp above 98. I drank some warm milk and warm OJ with salt during the morning session, and finally after two hours of failing to keep my temp up, even with more T3 every hour or so, I took off the wet clothing and put on a dry t-shirt and jeans and went for a walk in the hot sun. About 25 minutes into the walk, my temp went up to 99.1, and I was not sweating! something seemed wrong, so I stopped in the shade for a few minutes to cool off, and then went inside for some milk. I started to sweat profusely and cooled off to 97.4. an hour later I crashed and slept for about an hour, and when I woke up, my temp was 97.4.

I wonder if the heat spike while walking was an example of what happens in heat stroke - the hypothalamus heat regulating element makes an error, and sends a bad message to the body.
the best part of the day is having my body at 98.6 for 45 minutes. this is a small sign of progress in resetting my waking temp from 97.4.

Hurricane07

@MyUsernameHere Did you correspond with Steve before starting your reset or did you just learn as much as possible on the info available and dive into it yourself? Has your body temp reset permanently?

After reading this thread I have been inspired to look into this, I emailed Steve today and received a response today. Now to answer his questionnaire and see what his diagnosis looks like. It seems to make sense to me, I have always hated being too hot, was always the one wearing a t-shirt outside when everyone was freezing, things like car heaters and central heating have always been intolerable for me. My temp is low, usually averaging about 36.5 during the day. This is up from when I began Peating last year. I find it fairly easy to get it up to 37 with a hot shower and a coffee. I'm not taking thyroid noe feel like it's something I need.

Anyway look forward to reading more success on this reset.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals