MPB Experimental Treatments

Progesterone

My shedding seems to have completely stopped. 2 months ago I would shed like 60 hairs a day.

My protocol:
1 drop oral tyromix.
1 drop oral androsterone.
2 drop topical pansterone.
3 drops topical lisuride. (I think this is the main culprit for stopping my shedding as it increases dopamine and lowers prolactin, which was somewhat high last time I tested).
A few drops of oral Gonadin.

Also take magnesium, biotin, and aspirin.

I am not taking all of these supplements solely for hair loss but it seems to be a good mix.

Great post, thank you!

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Nope. I do not apply anything on my scalp.
I believe it is a systemic issue so just trying to get hormones and thyroid balanced.

Nice man, yeah I'm convinced prolactin plays a big role in hair loss . I haven't tried metergoline or lisuride yet, yours contains dmso right?

brix

Nice man, yeah I'm convinced prolactin plays a big role in hair loss . I haven't tried metergoline or lisuride yet, yours contains dmso right?

It is the dmso version. Didn't see anything in the thread mentioning it would have the new carrier.

Decided to try it because someone on this forum said bromocriptine (same family as lisuride) lowered their temple recession by 2cm.

Progesterone

It is the dmso version. Didn't see anything in the thread mentioning it would have the new carrier.

Decided to try it because someone on this forum said bromocriptine (same family as lisuride) lowered their temple recession by 2cm.

Oh SNAP.

For real?

Does lisuride have any of the unfortunate sides like messing up heart valves and whatnot?

brix

Oh SNAP.

For real?

Does lisuride have any of the unfortunate sides like messing up heart valves and whatnot?

Don't know for sure but it is the safest of all of the ergot derivatives. Read through haidut's lisuride threads and some of the studies.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Yeah I saw the same post, which got me started originally with B6, I'm hoping to try either lisuride or metergoline when new vehicle is available.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I have pure DHT gel but it contains some much alcohol that it like almost melts in my hand when I squeeze some out, so I want to try it out topically but I need to find a better vehicle to add it to so I can spread it. I tried water and olive oil so far and the gel just sits there and won't dissolve. Was thinking maybe aloe Vera gel too..

Progesterone

Don't know for sure but it is the safest of all of the ergot derivatives. Read through haidut's lisuride threads and some of the studies.

Fair enough.

If I were you I would take as low a dose as possible.
  • Ergot alkaloids are associated with fibrotic reactions, pleural effusions etc.
  • The long term use of some of this class of drugs has also been associated with heart valve thickening and dysfunction perhaps explained by 5HT2B receptor stimulating properties.Pergolide and more recently cabergoline have been most strongly associated with this problem which will be monitored for in the entire class but may take years to become manifest.
Ergot-derived dopamine agonists:
  • Should not be used in patients who have had fibrosis in the heart, lungs or abdomen. The absence of fibrosis in the heart should be verified before treatment is started.
  • Patients should be monitored for the signs of fibrosis in the heart and elsewhere in the body throughout treatment, using blood tests or chest X-rays as appropriate.[1]
This kinda hits close to home for me because way back when (years ago) I started taking pramipexole, and at that time there were no published studies showing it to negatively affect the heart, like other drugs of it's type.

A few weeks into using it, I developed chest pains... and a few weeks after that the first published studies of very negative heart sides came out. sigh...

On a positive note, it was AMAZING for erection hardness/frequency, basically became a walking hard-on, and libido in general.

brix

I'll keep an eye out for any side effects. I'm taking less than half the dose so should be ok.

Scenes

Agree about prolactin. It's gotta be a hormonal balance thing I think.

What's Haidut's best product for raising dopamine or for lowering prolactin? I doubt there's one that does both effectively enough or we'd be hearing all these claims of hair regrowth from lisurude or metergoline...

Scenes

I have pure DHT gel but it contains some much alcohol that it like almost melts in my hand when I squeeze some out, so I want to try it out topically but I need to find a better vehicle to add it to so I can spread it. I tried water and olive oil so far and the gel just sits there and won't dissolve. Was thinking maybe aloe Vera gel too..
What about 11-keto with the new sfa ester?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Agree about prolactin. It's gotta be a hormonal balance thing I think.

What's Haidut's best product for raising dopamine or for lowering prolactin? I doubt there's one that does both effectively enough or we'd be hearing all these claims of hair regrowth from lisurude or metergoline...

I think you just named them (metergoline and lisuride).

I honestly don't think many people have tried them topically on scalp yet and another guy mentioned he got regrowth on his temples from bromo.

I was thinking the same, the B6 I have been using (switched to P5P form) is still working. My hair looks darker and healthier and my itch is still gone so there has got to be something at play here.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

What about 11-keto with the new sfa ester?

Yeah, I have the new ester and tried it orally a few weeks ago but not topically yet. I need to experiment with adding it to some vehicles. Been mad busy lately, I'll try it later today I actually kind of forgot about 11 keto, thanks.

CoolTweetPete

I honestly don't think many people have tried them topically on scalp yet and another guy mentioned he got regrowth on his temples from bromo.

I was thinking the same, the B6 I have been using (switched to P5P form) is still working. My hair looks darker and healthier and my itch is still gone so there has got to be something at play here.

I started doing DeFibron on the scalp a couple weeks back, every other day or so. It is dopaminergic, so it should lower PRL as well.

Anecdotally, a few days ago I started noticing an incredible thickness to my hair like I hadn't in years. I thought I might be imagining it but last night someone commented and asked what I'd been doing. He said I looked like Wolverine, lol.

It honestly could be from one of the many other things I do, but DeFibron is the latest edition and these changes are very new.

Progesterone

P5P/B6... you use on scalp or orally?

dosage? frequency?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I started doing DeFibron on the scalp a couple weeks back, every other day or so. It is dopaminergic, so it should lower PRL as well.

Anecdotally, a few days ago I started noticing an incredible thickness to my hair like I hadn't in years. I thought I might be imagining it but last night someone commented and asked what I'd been doing. He said I looked like Wolverine, lol.

It honestly could be from one of the many other things I do, but DeFibron is the latest edition and these changes are very new.

Awesome man, how much defibron are u using and are you mixing it into another vehicle are just applying it straight? What is your full regimen at the moment too?

I have some defibron but haven't used it yet, I have a lot of crap sitting in my cabinet I just haven't gotten around to using it yet due to travel, work etc. Haha

Thickening is what I could use anyways rather than straight regrowth, I wouldn't mind some improved density.

Last edited:

CoolTweetPete

Awesome man, how much defibron are u using and are you mixing it into another vehicle are just applying it straight? What is your full regimen at the moment too?

I have some defibron but haven't used it yet, I have a lot of crap sitting in my cabinet I just haven't gotten around to using it yet due to travel, work etc. Haha

Thickening is what I could use anyways rather than straight regrowth, I wouldn't mind some improved density.

I just spread around enough to cover the scalp in a thin layer. Doesn't take much.

My regimen is pretty extensive. I got the idea of provierbially "throwing the kitchen sink" at the problem from another member It's bad scientist-work because it's hard to know what caused improvements at what stage. That said,

- T3 applied to the scalp twice daily
- Retinyl acetate applied in about equal portion
- DeFibron every other day (new)
- Magnesium oil I've mixed with coconut oil and some Taurine applied immediately after showers
- Caffeine, aspirin, and niacinamide dissolved in alcohol once daily

- Vitamin K2 applied to the forehead 3mg 2x daily
- Androsterone " "
- Oral Diamant and DeFibron
- Oral Gonadin (4-6 drops nightly)
- Pregnenolone 1mg to the testes once daily
- DHEA " "
- Oral and topical Cypro to the forehead
- Oral methylene blue
- Oral 5aDHP

- Dessicated beef liver, one serving 3x daily
- BCAA one serving 3x daily

The topicals are brushed into the scalp with a boar bristle brush. This is usually followed by a 10-15 scalp massage done with the fingers.

I also do LLLT with a helmet. I've been doing it much less as the days have been sunny. I prefer to just get plenty of rays. :)

Last edited:

mistermr

I just spread around enough to cover the scalp in a thin layer. Doesn't take much.

My regimen is pretty extensive. I got the idea of provierbially "throwing the kitchen sink" at the problem and using several methods. It's bad scientist-work because it's hard to know what caused improvements at what stage. That said,

- T3 applied to the scalp twice daily
- Retinyl acetate applied in about equal portion
- DeFibron every other day (new)
- Magnesium oil I've mixed with coconut oil and some Taurine applied immediately after showers
- Caffeine, aspirin, and niacinamide dissolved in alcohol once daily

- Vitamin K2 applied to the forehead 3mg 2x daily
- Androsterone
- Oral Diamant and DeFibron
- Gonadin (4-6 drops nightly)

These topicals are brushed into the scalp with a boar bristle brush. This is usually followed by a 10-15 scalp massage done with the fingers.

Are you still using the cyproheptadine? I remember you saying it was getting you results as well.