T.E.N.S. For Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety

Lore

I was the Psyco queen around my family. I would cry if you said "Hi or BOO" or dropped a kerchief on the floor. I was so emotional nobody wanted to be around me. Then being diagnosed with COPD and told to go home and get my things in order (4 years ago) well, you can only imagine. I've had a lot of sinus issues and having cannulas on to accommodate O2 24/7, it was nearly impossible for me to cry. I would go into panic attacks if I started crying, thinking I wouldn't be able to breathe.... I was a mess.

The least little thing would upset me and I would start to hyperventilate. I couldn't control my diaphragmatic breathing. Buteyko breathing treatments were impossible for me.

Solution? T.E.N.S (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) unit. Worked wonderfully! In my case, I still have ill health and chemical imbalances, however, I feel fantastic emotionally. Full of joy, my mind wants to run a marathon, my body says no, no, no. At least I have a very positive outlook and determined to get to the bottom of my health issues.

Ran across an article about "resetting the vagus nerve, the sympathetic nerve is "stuck on" or words to that effect. I will try to find the article. Basically, a life full of "stress", living off of popcorn and Pepsi, cigarettes and coffee, 3rd marriage, 2nd oldest of 9 kids (I'm now 61), type A personality, foreclosure, had to close our 16-year-old business, COPD, etc., etc., I exhausted my adrenal gland. Still not sure how it is.

Anyway, found a T.E.N.S unit for $10.00 on a close-out at this link. This was the model I purchased, only it was $10.00 at the time. Also purchased the "ear clips". Clipped the TENS unit to the "targus location on the ear", acupuncture's locations as indicated, used the TENS unit on the 3rd setting, 20 min., 4-5 times. You can do it twice a day, once a day, whatever. All better. I would assume any inexpensive unit will work.

Obviously, this unit can be used for other things. I'm also using it on the back of my knees to help break up the plaque, as I've been diagnosed with PAD (peripheral arterial disease).

I'm sure one could google search "reset vagus nerve TENS".

Attachments

• Tragus ear acupuncture.jpg
    Tragus ear acupuncture.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
OP
Lore

Lore

I had included links to the T.E.N.S. unit as an example of the simplicity of a unit that would work. Did admin remove the links? Are links to other websites, suggestions, etc., not permitted on this forum?

Here's a very detailed report referencing Dysautonomia - Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction. I'm not making any reference to the validity of the website, just the detail within the article.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

So you d not have any more panic attacks after using it? I have heard goods things but didn't know how useful it was. I think I have nervous system dysregulation too, my body can get stuck in fight or flight instead of being a seemless transition to rest and digest I often get an adrenaline rush in the evening when it is trying to switch.

OP
Lore

Lore

So you d not have any more panic attacks after using it? I have heard goods things but didn't know how useful it was. I think I have nervous system dysregulation too, my body can get stuck in fight or flight instead of being a seemless transition to rest and digest I often get an adrenaline rush in the evening when it is trying to switch.

After I think, 4-5, 20 min. treatments - it was like a switch had been turned off. I may have even done 2-20 min treatments, one after the other. I could "feel the difference immediately." It was quite amazing. I couldn't believe the feeling was real because I hadn't felt "without panic" in absolute years. I would say at least the 1980's. One could do a treatment 2x's a day also. I wouldn't see any harm in this.

The other thing that has really helped my emotions was Dr. Larry Nimm's treatments and his explanation of the sub-conscience mind. I can go into more detail upon request. Was it the combination of both? No, I could tell the difference. However, Dr. Nimm's treatments are/were still very necessary for me. I've been suicidal since 1973 and was barely hanging onto life by 2014. Now, I have so much peace and joy - it's amazing. No, he did not lead me into any spiritual revelation (although I was and still am a spiritual person). That's beside the point. Even now, during crisis situations, I'm able to help calm others, help think through the processes, think about solutions and staying calm. This was never me.
I have Dr. Nimm's book (pdf) I could loan from my library, upon request, if you'll return it. :studying :smug

OP
Lore

Lore

I have not had any more panic attacks since the treatments. The "panic attacks" were causing me to hyperventilate. The constant "state of panic" or "act of hyperventilation" has or was causing my brain or system to reprogram itself into believing this was my normal state of mind. Mind you, I've had these severe, unstable emotions since about 1977 and just fixed them in just a few days, with the T.E.N.S. unit. You don't need to spend a lot of money to test this theory. I bought the cheapest one I could find that was on close-out.

Here is a model.... PM10AB HEALTHMATE FOREVER ... I purchased the ... HM8ML HEALTHMATE FOREVER at their "scratch & dent". Look for the "ear clips" in their accessories.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Did admin remove the links? Are links to other websites, suggestions, etc., not permitted on this forum?
I installed a new anti-spam software yesterday that takes out links from new members posts. Since this is a new program I am still working on adjusting the parameters. Thank you for your patience. Spammers are getting really smart these days so its take extraordinary measures to keep the forum spam free.

OP
Lore

Lore

Oh, no problem. I thought I was doing something wrong or that wasn't permitted. Well, it worked really well, lol... I tried several ways to post a link to a referenced video I wanted to post to prevent any misunderstandings I may be expressing. fyi: it wouldn't even permit "what LOOKED like a link" .. quite impressive software. I still can't link today (7th day), but that's ok, I can wait. :)

OP
Lore

Lore

There is some information over here that may be of related interest. ray-peat-doesnt-even-have-a-wikipedia-page.12219/page-2#

Pictures of some units I use and sites for your review/research.
Setting: On the little Healthmate unit: Use the one that is comfortable for you ... I liked #3, 20 min. per treatment, usually 2 treatments at a sitting, total of 4-5 treatments or until you're where you want to be. I increased the "M" to about 10, but do what is comfortable for you .. that's the beauty.

You can also do maintenance, once per week, every 2 weeks, whatever.

Last edited:

Xisca

Altered States *
Is that it?
Nothing else, or is it for connecting to something?

OP
Lore

Lore

Altered States *
Is that it?

Over here @Ray Peat Doesn't Even Have A Wikipedia Page? #25, the conversation led to "Dr. Royal Rife, Radio waves resonance healing frequencies" and "The Body Electric". I had experience with "resonance healing frequencies" through Dr. H. Clark's work & the Zapper (a frequency generator I use to kill pathogens within the body). I was making reference to more of Dr. Royal Rife's references on the Altered States website. Equipment & data.

Does this answer your question @Xisca?

Xisca

Altered States *
Is that it?
@Lore did you click the link? It goes to one specific device.

Also, I read the other threat, suggested to the admin if possible to move here what you wrote about TENS, to have it all here.
That is why I did not answer on the other threat but here!
It is a bit difficult if there are several different devices, which one to choose? I definitely want to give it a go!

Xisca

I will visit a place where they use Dr Clark zapper soon, I can buy some without going on line, and have explanations etc.
BUT, is it worth having many devices if one does it all? What is the difference of use and effect between TENS and zapper?
I need virus and Lyme use, and vagus nerve regulation too. I need my cells to accept sugar and thyroid hormone, and I need my adrenals to not have to work that much. Without taking care of adrenals, I believe useless to tackle thyroid issues. I guess those who have problems with dosing or reacting to any thyroid medication have an adrenal/stress problem that should be taken care first.

Where dealing with stress and vagus nerve is interresting, is that for example in my case, I explain it this way:
- I have pre-natal trauma because of chemicals like solvents and ethanol at my pregnant mom's work (she is 80 now and presently have an advanced leucemia with lymph loss and having morphin patches)
- I was born with slow metabolism that was never diagnosed as a hypothyroidism (for a child with 60 pulsations, and sometimes less then 36ºC, a shame for doctors). I received antibiotics for early upper respiratory infections, before my parents turn to homeopathy. Also had constipation as a baby, and never after, I guess IBS, that got better by going gluten free.
- All is slow and quiet and lazy in me, until I trigger by any trick my adrenals (and you find a lot of tricks to do the job when needed!). Thus I learned to compensate slow thyroid, and even got better with having a good life.
- Then aging goes on, and some new stresses or traumas happen, and then the body remembers how to deal with it, by shuting down and slowing all, for survival goals.
-> I have to uncouple those past events for reacting differently, or at least be able to go out of stress and go back to a normal metabolism, with normal adrenals, and normal glucose intake and thyroid hormones intake by cells.
Instead of having nice waves of up and down, activation and relaxation, in trauma, the body decides that it is more economical to not go down, for not having to go up soon!

As I believe more probable that it is the cell that blocks, because my thyroid testing of total T3, total T4 and RT3 were on the high range 2 years ago, when I was not better than now...

Then it makes sense to tackle vagus nerve and adrenals before thyroid...
This is all at autonomic level, so we need to bybass the mind and the emotional level, both, and reach the electric level, that is the autonomic system level (the oldest in the triune brain, thus preemptive on the next ones). The neurotransmitors and hormones all come next to the electric level, IMO.

Xisca

I will be on hollydays near this place, and here is what they sell:
Appareils du Dr Clark - Sante Detox
That's in French (trilingual is great for getting more informations!) but there are pics of the devices. Is there one that somebody has?

Edit: for the varizapper VariZapper Dr Clark
people say that there is no plug, only with battery, and that it wastes too fast, and that there are no explanations about the different programs to use it.
Then they do not say if we have to BUY some more things like the programs!

Last edited:

Ledo

I need virus and Lyme use, and vagus nerve regulation too. I need my cells to accept sugar and thyroid hormone, and I need my adrenals to not have to work that much. Without taking care of adrenals, I believe useless to tackle thyroid issues. I guess those who have problems with dosing or reacting to any thyroid medication have an adrenal/stress problem that should be taken care first.

Where dealing with stress and vagus nerve is interresting, is that for example in my case, I explain it this way:
- I have pre-natal trauma because of chemicals like solvents and ethanol at my pregnant mom's work (she is 80 now and presently have an advanced leucemia with lymph loss and having morphin patches)
- I was born with slow metabolism that was never diagnosed as a hypothyroidism (for a child with 60 pulsations, and sometimes less then 36ºC, a shame for doctors). I received antibiotics for early upper respiratory infections, before my parents turn to homeopathy. Also had constipation as a baby, and never after, I guess IBS, that got better by going gluten free.
- All is slow and quiet and lazy in me, until I trigger by any trick my adrenals (and you find a lot of tricks to do the job when needed!). Thus I learned to compensate slow thyroid, and even got better with having a good life.
- Then aging goes on, and some new stresses or traumas happen, and then the body remembers how to deal with it, by shuting down and slowing all, for survival goals.
-> I have to uncouple those past events for reacting differently, or at least be able to go out of stress and go back to a normal metabolism, with normal adrenals, and normal glucose intake and thyroid hormones intake by cells.
Instead of having nice waves of up and down, activation and relaxation, in trauma, the body decides that it is more economical to not go down, for not having to go up soon!

As I believe more probable that it is the cell that blocks, because my thyroid testing of total T3, total T4 and RT3 were on the high range 2 years ago, when I was not better than now...

Then it makes sense to tackle vagus nerve and adrenals before thyroid...
This is all at autonomic level, so we need to bybass the mind and the emotional level, both, and reach the electric level, that is the autonomic system level (the oldest in the triune brain, thus preemptive on the next ones). The neurotransmitors and hormones all come next to the electric level, IMO.
What a great little post!

OP
Lore

Lore

I will be on hollydays near this place, and here is what they sell:
Appareils du Dr Clark - Sante Detox
That's in French (trilingual is great for getting more informations!) but there are pics of the devices. Is there one that somebody has?

Edit: for the varizapper VariZapper Dr Clark
people say that there is no plug, only with battery, and that it wastes too fast, and that there are no explanations about the different programs to use it.
Then they do not say if we have to BUY some more things like the programs!

I bought this one, the SE model : http://zap.intergate.ca/ Stainless steel foot pads & handle tubes, complete with charger 2014 (15?) for about $250

You don't need anything fancy, you can even make your own for what, less than $30-50?

QE2photo12.jpg

Xisca

Ho, so they are not only made by Hulda clark's!
That is why they say they have imitations... that we are supposed to believe are not as good as the original.... but I would not know how to make one, I have no idea how it works!
Hope you will find time to tell about the difference of use with TENS...
Maybe we should open another threat just about zappers?

spicegirl

Good info!

I use a (generic) TENS unit for sore shoulders, back or whatever. I'll check into ear clips. I see some on ebay.

Thanks for sharing!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals