Best Brand Of Orange Juice?

Luann

thanks queequeg.
sladerunner lol that is true. the deaerating probably doesn't matter, it is the orange oils and aroma compounds in the flavorpacks that sounds like bad food to me.
a. squamosa - looking for something that doesn't require a juicer or counter space, haha.

A. squamosa

fair call! I turn to nudie juice when I can't be bothered juicing, but there is nothing like the taste of freshly squeezed organic oranges. I think it's my favourite thing ever (except for perfectly ripe pineapple).

artlange

I've been using the Costco Kirkland OJ with 1/2tsp salt and a heaping scoop of hydrolyzed Great Lakes Collagen. No complaints.

Stilgar

For any UK based people reading this I've found a lot of success with Coldpress orange juice. It's pretty pricey at £2.79 a litre but I've had no digestive issues with it as opposed to various not from concentrate orange juices which tend to be hit and miss with me.

Do you not think it tastes really strange? I couldn't drink it because it tasted so odd!

D

Deleted member 5487

Costcos is good

Whole foods organic is actually sweet rather than mildly tart/sweet like 95% of brands.

meatbag

IMO (bottled, not fresh squeezed in store)
1. Uncle matts
2. Costco
3.simply orange but very hit or miss, same with whole foods bottled

Inaut

Natalie's Florida Orange Juice is awesome and we can get it here in Ontario :)

If i shopped at costco though, that would be my choice

Robbie

Anyone in the UK, Tescos confirmed that their own brand finest range OJ (with and without bits) is 100% fresh juice, with no processing.

Runenight201

I've tried a lot of OJ's, and I do have to say my favorite commercializes OJ hands down tastewise (besides fresh squeezed) is Minute Maid Premium OJ, 2.99 a quart. Its so sweet and delicious, everything else tastes tarty... Probably those flavor packs and enzymes! Got me hooked.

I'm going to start flirting around with frozen concentrates tho. It would be nice if I could find a good mango concentrate and have some dank mango juice to change things up. If it's cheaper than 2.99 a quart too even better, cuz I've noticed that exercise drives sugar consumption way up, and I'd rather get it from fruits than having to resort to table sugar, although if it comes to that for economic reasons than so be it.

smith

"Why not just juice oranges?"

Waste of time and energy hence this thread

Last edited:

sladerunner69

Costco's generic orange juice is actually very nice and sweet. Most of the other brands I've found are too tart. Trader Joe's does make a great "freshly squeezed" product, and their organic carton isn't half bad either.

belscb

I was just told by CostCo that they discontinued selling their Kirkland Signature frozen OJ a while ago. Are you guys still able to buy that somehow (was I misinformed)? Or are you talking about non-concentrated non-frozen Kirkland OJ?