Becoming A Man With Peat And Haidut

OP
tyler

tyler

Question for @tyler and others - what are some ways other than cascara to get Bowel Movements back on track, when a couple days of heavy drinking threw things off. I have been drinking a ton of coffee, 4-5 cups a day and it is not helping. In fact i feel it is hurting at this time, as my body does not want all that liquid. Has been 3 days since my last movement...i never go this long. Not good.
Baking soda, magnesium, vitamin c, and at last resort glycerin suppositories.
Tyler - how much water do you typically drink? And curious - have you used NDT? Did you find it more or less effective than cynoplus?
I find myself usually drinking at least 3 liters per day, of just water. But my daily life is pretty physical and I'm sweating a lot.
I tried NDT when I was first prescribed thyroid. It was equally as effective at bringing my TSH down and getting other levels in range. But I found the synthetics easier to control. I used the brands naturethroid and WP Thyroid.

Warrior_

It's going good ! I really like how I feel on it. Very, very androgenic and virile since starting again. Confidence and motivation are at an all time high. i think I'm going to keep it as part of my regimen. I've been doing about 15-20mcg of T3 and 60mcg of T4. I just have to be careful to stay on top of sugar and cholesterol intake as thyroid drives my cholesterol low quickly.
I've been experimenting with topical Vitamin E and a bit of progesterone in the evening. Really liking that as well. Mixed with olive oil and rubbed into my pelvic area. Strong anti-estrogen effects and I've been sleeping super deeply.

@tyler which Vitamin E product are you using specifically?

drzhao

Hey @tyler (or anyone else) - might you have suggestions of which resources are good to get started learning the basics of all this? I've been listening to a lot of Peat's interviews & reading his book recommendations (Seyle, Pollack, Lane, Ling, etc) but I still have a hard time grasping how the hormones fit into the bigger picture. Maybe I just need more time but the information hasn't "clicked" yet...

Nutrientz

Did not read full thread but 300 T level is still very very low for your age. Should be atleast 800. What are they at now?

Also, I think I would not get too far ahead with your 'success'. Your body still looks very small, those are mostly beginner gains that anybody can get in a month or two.

I would consider taking creatine and enhancing your DHT in any way possible.

theLaw

Hey @tyler (or anyone else) - might you have suggestions of which resources are good to get started learning the basics of all this? I've been listening to a lot of Peat's interviews & reading his book recommendations (Seyle, Pollack, Lane, Ling, etc) but I still have a hard time grasping how the hormones fit into the bigger picture. Maybe I just need more time but the information hasn't "clicked" yet...

Haidut's Summary of Pufa is an excellent place to start (link below):

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

Jsaute21

Did not read full thread but 300 T level is still very very low for your age. Should be atleast 800. What are they at now?

Also, I think I would not get too far ahead with your 'success'. Your body still looks very small, those are mostly beginner gains that anybody can get in a month or two.

Negative post man. Read the thread and you will realize what a grateful and humble dude @tyler is.

T

tca300

@Nutrientz What a helpful, encouraging, and kind individual you are! Thanks for posting! Im sure your advice about creatine will indeed make all the difference! :thumbleft

OP
tyler

tyler

@tyler which Vitamin E product are you using specifically?
I currently use Tocovit, but previously used the lotioncrafter version with good results.

Yes I agree, 300 would definitely be low for my age. I started at 160 (total t) in august 2016, and then tested at 461 in December 2016. That was the last time I checked- as getting labs is expensive, and it was enough confirmation that my efforts were working. I'm fairly certain they'd fall much higher if I were to test these days, based on the complete lack of my original symptoms.
So yeah, I don't base my "success" off my physique shift- rather the complete elimination of my hypogonad and hypothyroid symptoms, and my current ability to function as a fully virile male. The body composition shift was more of a welcomed side effect, that I thought was relevant enough to share as it's growth coincided with my health recovery.
Thanks for the tip of creatine, I haven't looked into it but now you've got it on my radar.

Hey dude! I found a PDF of Danny roddy's old book "the peat whisperer" and found it super helpful for breaking the physiology down into concise and understandable terms. It's linked somewhere on this forum! It was incredibly useful at the start of my journey and I still refer to it frequently.

@Jsaute21 @tca300 thanks for chiming in guys, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

drzhao

drzhao

Hey dude! I found a PDF of Danny roddy's old book "the peat whisperer" and found it super helpful for breaking the physiology down into concise and understandable terms. It's linked somewhere on this forum! It was incredibly useful at the start of my journey and I still refer to it frequently.

Appreciate the suggestion @tyler, I have not heard of that book. Because I've heard that Roddy misinterprets a lot of Peat's work, I haven't looked into him much. I found the book & will take a look at it some time this/next week! Thanks!

Are you on any hormones these days besides the thyroid? Do you think you'll be able to wean off of them eventually?

Wagner83

How is the supplemental thyroid regimen going? What effects do you notice ? Have they diminished since you started again more than a month ago?

OP
tyler

tyler

Are you on any hormones these days besides the thyroid? Do you think you'll be able to wean off of them eventually?
I have been experimenting with 11kdht for the past week, but besides that I have not used any steroid hormones in months (besides regular thyroid). Occasional a small dose of progesterone.
How is the supplemental thyroid regimen going? What effects do you notice ? Have they diminished since you started again more than a month ago?
It's going well. The same dosing as when I started. No diminishing effects- I am going to keep with it as it seems to give me a really solid edge- a high level of stress resilience. things that would usually be setbacks don't have any big effect anymore.

Scenes

I have been experimenting with 11kdht for the past week, but besides that I have not used any steroid hormones in months (besides regular thyroid). Occasional a small dose of progesterone.

It's going well. The same dosing as when I started. No diminishing effects- I am going to keep with it as it seems to give me a really solid edge- a high level of stress resilience. things that would usually be setbacks don't have any big effect anymore.
Do you find thyroid hormone to be more androgenic than typical steroid hormones? I think I saw you mention its androgenicity somewhere...

Frankdee20

What’s up RPF!

I wanted to share my progress with raising androgen levels with Peat and @haidut insight. The information he shared with me awhile ago, using DHEA, Preg, and K2 to raise T, has been a hot topic on the forum the last few days. (thread below)
Raising Serum Androgens Using DHEA, Pregnenolone, And Vitamin K

I’m a 22 yo male with and a year ago I was diagnosed as hypothyroid and hypogonadism (secondary). I had an MRI done and ruled out the possibility of a tumor. I knew my problem had to do with energy production, and I was lead to Ray Peat. I have a long history of endurance training, and low carb eating- which like many of you brought me to this place.

I dabbled with his ideas on and off for awhile but it wasn’t until May/June 2016 where it all started to click and I began to completely rewire my diet and lifestyle around Ray Peat’s. Old forum member "zachs" helped me a lot here. I changed my diet and picked up an occupation that put me in the sun and in a natural environment (commercial fishing). I also began supplementing with Idealabs Pansterone, and Kuinone after messaging Haidut awhile back and him sending me studies on raising testosterone in rats using K2. I experimented with other supplements, but those two have been my mainstay. With each step I took, I noticed insane improvement of symptoms. A skyrocketing libido, more energy, deeper sleep, warmth, strength, less neurotic and obsessive tendencies, more confidence, and a huge creative drive. Just to name a few.

But I still ran, I still cycled. And come August 2016, I finally accepted that I would not get the improvement in my hormonal health I wanted if I continued endurance exercise. This was difficult as a big part of my social life revolved around it. I traded in my bike for a weight gym membership. And it was the best decision I ever made.. All the improvements I mentioned doubled in their strength and even more improvements surfaced. My total testosterone levels have increased from 130 to 299 in 4 months (and only the last two have I traded endurance for weights and really committed to diet). I got the labs done in May 2016, then just recently in November 2016. Still very low for a young male, but a promising jump. And from the way I’ve been gaining muscle, the way my body composition is shifting, and how strong and consistent my libido and general mental outlook is- I’m led to believe that my tissue levels of androgens are probably higher than my blood levels. My hope is that they continue to rise and I continue to feel better. I will retest in a few months and report back.

Anyway this is getting long- I included a before and after "peating" photo, so you can see how its effected the composition of my body. However the mental impact has been even more profound.

I am still doing a lot of diet and lifestyle tweaking, and continuing to learn.

I still have some issues to work out, but I wanted to touch on the testosterone issue in case anyone is struggling with low levels and is looking for a direction (that isn't TRT) . I know that I made a lot of changes, but I firmly believe the diet change and supplementing made a huge difference, and that’s something everyone can try with little to no risk.

HAIDUT you the man, thanks.

Left photo is June 2016. Right photo is November 2016.
View attachment 3867

Congrats on raising Total T by roughly 125%. At 22 however, it's still low at 299. According to age table by decade, it should be almost 3 times that. At least we know you can still endogenously produce it. At your age, I was a dreadful 302-321-299, through my 20's. I wasn't really able to supplement then. I do wonder if there exists a ceiling at which point non drug methods help raise it. Doctors never wanted to write me a script for Testosterone as I was always in normal range, but on the extreme low end of normal. I was existing with the androgens of an 80 year old man, in my opinion. They were a bunch of rigidly oriented conventional clowns. Good luck.

Wagner83

Congrats on raising Total T by roughly 125%. At 22 however, it's still low at 299. According to age table by decade, it should be almost 3 times that. At least we know you can still endogenously produce it. At your age, I was a dreadful 302-321-299, through my 20's. I wasn't really able to supplement then. I do wonder if there exists a ceiling at which point non drug methods help raise it. Doctors never wanted to write me a script for Testosterone as I was always in normal range, but on the extreme low end of normal. I was existing with the androgens of an 80 year old man, in my opinion. They were a bunch of rigidly oriented conventional clowns. Good luck.
Read the rest of the thread, he then reported levels above 460 and stopped getting tested for T . Besides, same as thyroid, who cares about bloodwork when symptoms are obvious, it is obvious he is doing well and a lot better than he was.

aquaman

Read the rest of the thread, he then reported levels above 460 and stopped getting tested for T . Besides, same as thyroid, who cares about bloodwork when symptoms are obvious, it is obvious he is doing well and a lot better than he was.

Yes amazing to go from 130 to 460 within 6 months or so!

Frankdee20

Oh well I'm definitely guilty of cutting corners and not being thorough in my reading assessment, lol. I'm glad for him, but even a T of 460 is theoretically low for someone in their 20's correct?

Makrosky

Hey @tyler! I've been reading your amazing results with redlight (610/630/670) from RLM. However I don't understand why you get benefits from it assuming you are almost all day long working outside and exposed to sun. Sunlight is supposed to contain those frequencies and if you are all day outside it will shine on your neck (thyroid) for sure... and more than just 15 minutes.

Do you have an explanation on why it works better than just the sun ? I don't get it :-|

@Daniel11 if you could chime in as well I would be very glad.

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals