Balance Board

kiran

Anyone here use a balance board?
I'm thinking of getting one for strengthening my core.
Its also for improving my balance and stuff.

Last edited:
OP
kiran

kiran

Its also for improving my balance and stuff.

Milena

A good pilates course is better. Without perfect form a balance board tends to encourage imbalances in muscle structure reinforcing the errors.
It not bad with intermittent use for testing your progress though.

L

lollipop

Truly, do not pay anyone for core or balance. Stand feet hip width apart, lift one knee as high as you can and hold as long as you can. Repeat on opposite leg.

Core work: every variation of plank you can find.

edit: do first one with eyes closed as well :):

Regina

Once again, I love aikido for this.
I tend to arrive early and spend 20-30 minutes on the mat doing balance work. The mat has a bit of squooshy to it--so your bare feet are constantly calibrating. I do a variety of single leg balance things. I build up to hopping across the room and back while in arabesque and reaching forward with both arms.
But a simple at-home exercise is to do dips while balancing the ball of one foot on a threshold to a room. Like 30 on each leg.

jitsmonkey

if done just for your "core" skip it
if done because you'll enjoy it and it'll be fun... do it.

L

lollipop

Once again, I love aikido for this.
I tend to arrive early and spend 20-30 minutes on the mat doing balance work. The mat has a bit of squooshy to it--so your bare feet are constantly calibrating. I do a variety of single leg balance things. I build up to hopping across the room and back while in arabesque and reaching forward with both arms.
But a simple at-home exercise is to do dips while balancing the ball of one foot on a threshold to a room. Like 30 on each leg.
I have been getting into some Qigong these days and really loving it! I thought about you @Regina while doing it.

x-ray peat

I have a balance board but the problem I found is that once you get good at it its no longer much of a challenge so not as fun. I would also think the core strengthening would take a long time because it is somewhat subtle. IMO some of the ideas above would be better for that. Personally I like yoga for core.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals