Ramadhan

lexis

Muslims are going to start their blessed month of fasting starting this Saturday. All non-Muslims can also enjoy the worldly benefits during this month. During this month,night time stress will be reduced and hence morning stress levels will be low if certain actions(or what Muslims call big sins) are avoided.

milk_lover

May Allah help us during this holy month. It's good to remember what the poor go through so we can sympathize with them and thus help whenever we can. Let's reduce our sins and eat healthy and connect with our families. Mubarak 3lek and happy Ramadan to you lexis :) Don't forget to fuel yourself well before dawn time.

mistermr

Blessed Ramadan to you

Are any of you incorporating anything special to keep your metabolism high? I am thinking I will stay up til dawn and sleep til around noon to minimize my fasted time relatively speaking.

Supplementing Vitamin E seems to make sense for the fasts, probably also Mitolipin?

My days (fasts) are going to be approximately 16 hours

The_xXx

Do you guys have any tips what I can eat in suhuur and iftar which keeps my metabolism high during the day . I have to wake up 7 clock in the morning and until 6 clock in evening, I am in university so I can't sleep whole morning or day until Iftar. So my plan was increasing salt or sodium to minimize liquid loosing during the day. Also eat casein/collagenhydrolysat in suhuur with carbohydrates would be good idea ?

milk_lover

Blessed Ramadan to you

Are any of you incorporating anything special to keep your metabolism high? I am thinking I will stay up til dawn and sleep til around noon to minimize my fasted time relatively speaking.

Supplementing Vitamin E seems to make sense for the fasts, probably also Mitolipin?

My days (fasts) are going to be approximately 16 hours
I am basically doing a similar thing. I stay up until dawn and sleep til around noon. I load with mitolipin because I think it gives me better results than tocovit. I apply it on my body before dawn and I drink plenty of milk and sugar at suhuur time. @The_xXx If I have to wake up early, I would sleep around 11pm after I drink a lot of milk, eat sugary stuff, and as you suggested eat salty stuff.. And then set up alarm at suhuur time and do the same type of food with some vitamin E/aspirin/niacinamide to help with PUFA release in the body during fasting. During the day, I would stay in cold places to reduce sweating and my body temperature so I don't need fuel that much.. At Iftar, get plenty of sugar, protein, and salt.. and eat as many times as possible before you repeat the sleeping cycle. I will experiment more the next few days and see what works and what not. Please guys share your experiences if you can. Cheers and happy Ramadan to all of you, my brothers