Cilantro

M

marikay

I eat bell peppers daily along with mushrooms, a bit of onion, and now clilantro. Delish! :) No issues that I have noticed.
What is the benefit from cilantro? And how much/how often to you eat it? Thx.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What is the benefit from cilantro? And how much/how often to you eat it? Thx.
@natedawggh says that it chelates iron and that he does well with having it in his diet. It's tasty too. :) I just started using it in the last week throwing it in my stir fry.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Are you just using a little bit?
Well, I just grab a handful out of the bunch and pull the leaves off and throw them in. People have probed natedawggh on how much, how often, etc, but I have not see a response yet, I am going by feel/taste.

natedawggh

Well, I just grab a handful out of the bunch and pull the leaves off and throw them in. People have probed natedawggh on how much, how often, etc, but I have not see a response yet, I am going by feel/taste.

Hi Charlie!

Yes sorry I don't log in very often anymore since I'm not suffering like I used to.

After I found out it chelates iron, I did two doses a day (morning/night), about 1/3 of a bunch for each dose. I now do 1 tbsp a day of dried cilantro, and it continues to have the same effect. (The Internet says to use chlorella in tandem with cilantro, but that's just plain idiocy because chlorella is itself so high in iron. So don't listen to the Internet).

Specifically besides reducing the symptoms of excess iron (and aiding in weight loss, digestion, etc) I noticed it had an immediate effect on the pre-diabetic foot pain/burning/numbness I used to experience. After a dose of cilantro the discomfort would go away for up to eight hours (or unless I ate something high in iron like meat). Often, eating meat or other high iron food would also illicit a post nasal drip/irrigation of my tonsils, and eating a dose of cilantro would also relieve not only the irritation but also the swelling/stiffness. I'm convinced that beside the systemic benefit of cilantro iron removal for the body, it probably suppresses intestinal bacteria overgrowth temporarily.

I am hesitant to have cilantro often with meals, in case it chelates any other minerals. Though Mexican cilantro soup is AMAZING.

Another warning is that it could possibly chelate other minerals from the body, and it would be important to maintain adequate intake of the foods with high mineral content.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Adrian

Hi Charlie!

Yes sorry I don't log in very often anymore since I'm not suffering like I used to.

After I found out it chelates iron, I did two doses a day (morning/night), about 1/3 of a bunch for each dose. I now do 1 tbsp a day of dried cilantro, and it continues to have the same effect. (The Internet says to use chlorella in tandem with cilantro, but that's just plain idiocy because chlorella is itself so high in iron. So don't listen to the Internet).

Specifically besides reducing the symptoms of excess iron (and aiding in weight loss, digestion, etc) I noticed it had an immediate effect on the pre-diabetic foot pain/burning/numbness I used to experience. After a dose of cilantro the discomfort would go away for up to eight hours (or unless I ate something high in iron like meat). Often, eating meat or other high iron food would also illicit a post nasal drip/irrigation of my tonsils, and eating a dose of cilantro would also relieve not only the irritation but also the swelling/stiffness. I'm convinced that beside the systemic benefit of cilantro iron removal for the body, it probably suppresses intestinal bacteria overgrowth temporarily.

I am hesitant to have cilantro often with meals, in case it chelates any other minerals. Though Mexican cilantro soup is AMAZING.

Another warning is that it could possibly chelate other minerals from the body, and it would be important to maintain adequate intake of the foods with high mineral content.

Hi.
How did you get the 1/3 bunch of cilantro:
fresh ? juice? salad?

moringa

Hi Charlie!

so you eat 1 tblsp. of dried cilantro ONCE per day? morning, noon, night?

moringa

Cilantro also contains minerals... IMO it will chelate unusable mienerals/metals and will donate its own minerals in usable forms...

moringa

Hi Charlie!

@natedawggh did you eat the powdered cilantro LEAVES(aka the plant part) or the powdered cilantro SEEDS?

Only 1 tblsp. per day once per day or divided doses, like 3 x 1 tsp(which equals one total tblsp)?

reaching

I have consistently been eating cilantro (coriander), not dried), for about a weak now and I get this weird metallic feeling in my mouth. It is very similar to like when you are in a bath for a long time. Now, I recently listened to a Peat and Roddy intereview about how the stress response or heat shock protein thing from a bath can induce this metalic feeling or taste in your mouth and that is not really metallic but burning fatty acids. I think I will finish the cilantro I have in the fridge but cut it out and see if this weird sensation or taste goes away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals