Magnesium Per Rectum

Makrosky

Magnesium chloride is the same magnesium as in the ocean.. I don't use mg chloride orally anymore..
Me neither. It tastes very bad and is harsh on the stomach.

Would the transdermal route be better regarding the skin filtering impurities/allergens on the mag chloride product ? There's always a small % of it even if it's USP. No that I'm very worried about that. Just to know how it works.

Atalanta

I don't think transdermal magnesium absorption is toxic unless a person soaks in water that is super concentrated with magnesium. I think there is a limit to how much magnesium the skin will absorb. Otherwise, people who take magnesium baths with a cup of magnesium would be dead.

I do magnesium foot soaks a couple of times per week using a couple TBS of magnesium sulfate. I also ingest about a 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp of magnesium sulfate daily in divided doses in water or juice with a little salt if I perspire heavily or exercise(1/4 tsp MgSO4 contains about 125mg Mg). I think that is more than enough supplemental magnesium, even if the body absorbs only a fraction of the magnesium.

We have to be careful about overdoing supplements. I don't think it is safe to take large doses of refined nutrients to try to force our bodies to absorb large amounts of the particular nutrient. Most of us who live in the Western world are not suffering from serious vitamin/mineral deficiencies, at least not severe deficiencies which can't be corrected by eating good food and taking low doses of supplements. We just need to stop ingesting the bad stuff (like PUFA and most oils), eat good food and reduce the stressors in our lives.

OP
N

narouz

I'm using magnesium chloride dissolved in water for transdermal application. There is no better alternative than this...

I have read somewhere:oops that magnesius chloride,
when used in a soaking bath--transdermally--
absorbs more efficiently than with magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts).

OP
N

narouz

Be careful with rectal magnesium. It can be deadly because the magnesium is more completely absorbed.

Medscape: Medscape Access

I'm glad you present the other side.
It is why I've avoided the "per rectum" mode.

On the other hand, the doctor I quoted in the o.p. seems pretty trustworthy.
In addition to recommending the per rectum method,
she also regularly does injections into the bloodstream of magnesium
Seems if anything was gonna kill ya it would be that.

She says the rectal method is almost as efficient as that bloodstream.

Birdie

Yes, the Magnesium Oil spray looks to be our friend Mg Chloride. Says brine in ingredients but it's really just magnesium chloride and water.
Expensive when you get it from the Ancient Zechstein Seabed! :)

Last edited:

Birdie

I think I used to read about Jonathan Wright's giving those Mg injections..

heartnhands

I've never tried it. I enjoy getting my magnesium from coffee. This method sounds slightly less enjoyable... slightly.

Unless enemas have a special comfort...Just kidding...But long ago everyone used them.

heartnhands

Be careful with rectal magnesium. It can be deadly because the magnesium is more completely absorbed.

Medscape: Medscape Access

This post reminded me of a doctor who lectured among the community of Macro Biotics named Dr. Sherry ???. She used to recommend coffee enemas as a means of daily detoxing for the over 40 year old crowd.

A well known Massage Therapist man had a mild heart attack and began treating himself with coffee enemas and was found dead post enema.

Xisca

I have had twice in my life injected Mg. Very painful but worth it.
Now I know why the oral Mg that they sell does not work, it is chlorure with B6 that I was taking, and now I am with glycinate Mg and p5p....

But any route other than oral seems great.
I have read all Dr Myhill website, and apart from being favorable to nuts, and being herself dairy intolerant, and thinking everyone is... the rest is worth reading. I know that many people cannot have dairies, and I could not before having good quality dairy!
She talks even of Buteyko, says its good.
In favour of far infra red therapy too. I dunno why the far ones.

She is at least very invested and honest in her enthusiam I think.

firebreather

It might be sedating? I tried peat's suggestion that was mentioned recently in a post, of t3 simultaneously with magnesium (orally) and was groggy for two days. Interpreting that as a big boost, I continued this combination but at bedtime and a few weeks later it's still working and helping me sleep and lowering stress response. So if magnesium isn't 'getting through' this might be another route, so to speak.

@SQu Do you have a link to that post?