Puffy Nipples

Giraffe

I thought I would copy this post by @haidut to a new thread. It might help some to make sense of their symptoms.

"The puffy nipples are not only a symptom of high estrogen. If it is only the puffy nipples then it could be a number of things involved. High progesterone can also cause puffy nipples, just ask a pregnant woman. Low salt in your diet can also cause puffy nipples. High ration of T/DHT can also cause puffy nipples. Ask any bodybuilder about that. Finally, high cortisol can also cause puffy nipples even though admittedly if cortisol is high then estrogen will also be elevated. However, if cortisol is normal but the cortisol/DHEA ratio is high then that can also cause puffy nipples. Unless your prolactin and/or estrone (sulfate) are high on several consecutive tests I don't think you can safely conclude you have high estrogen."

Everything That Lowers Estrogen. Let's Go

DaveFoster

@haidut

When you say "puffy nipples," are you meaning painful as well?

Koveras mentioned that a hyperthyroidism increases SHBG, which binds and inactivates more strongly to test. My pulse if often in 90-100 range and temp is up as well, and when it gets to the upper range of 100, I get nipple pain, and I used progesterone to combat this, but it seems to push the pulse higher and worsen the problem over the course of the day.

Ray has mentioned that using progesterone can cause the release of a colloid, and so this can lead to hyperthyroidism, which can increase estrogenic symptoms; paradoxically, more progesterone will further worsen the estrogenic side effects (or at least nipple sensitivity).

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

When you say "puffy nipples," are you meaning painful as well?

Koveras mentioned that a hyperthyroidism increases SHBG, which binds and inactivates more strongly to test. My pulse if often in 90-100 range and temp is up as well, and when it gets to the upper range of 100, I get nipple pain, and I used progesterone to combat this, but it seems to push the pulse higher and worsen the problem over the course of the day.

Ray has mentioned that using progesterone can cause the release of a colloid, and so this can lead to hyperthyroidism, which can increase estrogenic symptoms; paradoxically, more progesterone will further worsen the estrogenic side effects (or at least nipple sensitivity).

Not sure about painful, I meant only puffy when I wrote about that post. My point was that it can be caused by a number of things as I have seen puffy nipples disappear when using androsterone or DHT and then other cases where estrogen is really low but progesterone is high and then androsterone/DHT does not help as much. Btw, the puffy nipples from progesterone in your example could be just as well due to rpogesterone itself. No need for colloid release. Again, I have seen and heard complaints from women whose estrogen is low and progesterone is high and it also gives them puffy nipples.

DaveFoster

Not sure about painful, I meant only puffy when I wrote about that post. My point was that it can be caused by a number of things as I have seen puffy nipples disappear when using androsterone or DHT and then other cases where estrogen is really low but progesterone is high and then androsterone/DHT does not help as much. Btw, the puffy nipples from progesterone in your example could be just as well due to rpogesterone itself. No need for colloid release. Again, I have seen and heard complaints from women whose estrogen is low and progesterone is high and it also gives them puffy nipples.
Interesting; thanks for clarifying. Pushing metabolism up too high, so that the pulse is above 100, even with stimulants that purportedly inhibit aromatase/oppose estrogen (thyroid, caffeine, progesterone, and nicotine) always causes estrogenic symptoms (nipple pain.)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting; thanks for clarifying. Pushing metabolism up too high, so that the pulse is above 100, even with stimulants that purportedly inhibit aromatase/oppose estrogen (thyroid, caffeine, progesterone, and nicotine) always causes estrogenic symptoms (nipple pain.)

As I posted in other thread, HYPERthyroidism increases estrogen turnover. So, if for some reason the excretion is not optimal like say due to lack of B1 or B2 vitamins, or not enough protein a person could get estrogen buildup and thus symptoms like puffy nipples. It's hard to say without complete blood and urine steroid tests done a few times over the course of 24 hours.
Effects Of Thyroid Hormone On Steroid Metabolism

scoobydoo

What is considered puffy?? I honestly don’t know if my would be considered puffy or not. Like are nipples supposed to always be pointed like when I hop in a cold shower? I’ve had high estrogen for so long that I don’t even know what normal nipples are supposed to look like

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals