Sufficient T3 Or Nah?

Rickyman

I've been peating for over a yr.

Doesn't feel like it's helping by doing food alone.

Recently introduced minerals and vitamins supps for extreme fatigue but I think sleep has been making a bigger difference ore than anything.

To the point, I want to try thyroid but the local doc says they are normal, I have an appointment in about a month with an endo and from the look of it online they don't appear to be helpful.

I was wondering if there was a local butcher that could cut the thyroid and sell it to me from cattle or swine is that the same as what companies sell?

Would it be better? Or should I find a company that sells it without prescriptio?

OP
Rickyman

Rickyman

I think most butchers don't receive the thyroid glands. A cattle farmer at a market told me that they aren;t even allowed to slaughter their own stock for sale, it has to be sent to an outside company with a license and stuff. Probably the only way to get thyroid glands if you're not gonna raise animals would be to hunt them; squirrels, rabbits, hogs, deer, marmots. I've had the idea before to raise my own tilapia and harvest the thyroid glands. Peat did give a measurement of how much of the actual gland would be useful as a food in weight, I think it's on the forum somewhere.

Outside of that you're left with mexican pharma and research chemical companies and there is one on this forum. The docs will be unlikely to give you thyroid unless their beloved TSH is outside of range. Even if they do they'll force thyroxine on you, but of course if you are diagnosed with clinical hypothyroidism then you have a legal right to chose a medication approved for your condition so you could request NDT, probably won;t go over well in my experience though.

Damn I had no idea. Mexican pharma it is. Thanks for the reply. Does Hidut sell T3 ? I could of sworn I seen that IDK

meatbag

Damn I had no idea. Mexican pharma it is. Thanks for the reply. Does Hidut sell T3 ? I could of sworn I seen that IDK

Peat often recommends vitamin D for people with fatigue

Last edited:
OP
Rickyman

Rickyman

Yeah, Idealabs sells a t3 product called Tyronene. It is a research chemical and not a supplement. I'd recommend getting a copy of your thyroid blood work from your doctor if you haven't done so already. Have you tried vitamin D3 Peat often recommends it for people with fatigue and I find taking D3 in the morning and using some magnesium in the evening helpful for energy. Thyroid isn't as effective if those aren't where they should be.

I thought peat said people with low adrenal function probably need thyroid?

And I am in Texas I think farms are allowed to butcher in their farm I sure hope so I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.

And yes I've been taking Vitamin D3 by thorn research it's Vitamin D3+k2

But I've been rubbing it on my forearm since I read something about oral Vit d and the liver and causing issues. I'll take like 1 drop oral and he other 6 drops on my skin, I don't have enough to take another saliva test but I will try soon as I can.

Thank man

meatbag

I thought peat said people with low adrenal function probably need thyroid?

And I am in Texas I think farms are allowed to butcher in their farm I sure hope so I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.

And yes I've been taking Vitamin D3 by thorn research it's Vitamin D3+k2

But I've been rubbing it on my forearm since I read something about oral Vit d and the liver and causing issues. I'll take like 1 drop oral and he other 6 drops on my skin, I don't have enough to take another saliva test but I will try soon as I can.

Thank man

O yeah I didn't mean thyroid wouldn't be helpful, just that Peat often recommends vitamin D

Last edited:
OP
Rickyman

Rickyman

Have you been measuring your temperature and pulse?

Yes, they've been low since I all my symptoms began. 96.8 in the AM lower some days gradually going up to 98.3 no further than that then comes back down at night.

Cold all the time and too hot in normal 76 + degree weather.

Mad

Just to share my experience, I wouldn't discredit IdeaLabs. I had never taken a thyroid supplement but was hyperthyroid and doctor was ready to put me on synthroid. I then bought tyromix from haidut instead and it's been going great. Been on it a few months. Taking it very slow, low doses, but I feel the difference. My fatigue was getting worse and worse around this time. When I started tyromix and made an effort to rest and enjoy stimulating activities, my energy levels have increased a ton. I'm not bouncing off the walls but at least I feel normal now. Morning temps are up. Daytime temps still not great but I'm working on getting everything fine tuned.
But, if you have access to animal thyroid from local farms, that's something to give a try, too.

OP
Rickyman

Rickyman

Just to share my experience, I wouldn't discredit IdeaLabs. I had never taken a thyroid supplement but was hyperthyroid and doctor was ready to put me on synthroid. I then bought tyromix from haidut instead and it's been going great. Been on it a few months. Taking it very slow, low doses, but I feel the difference. My fatigue was getting worse and worse around this time. When I started tyromix and made an effort to rest and enjoy stimulating activities, my energy levels have increased a ton. I'm not bouncing off the walls but at least I feel normal now. Morning temps are up. Daytime temps still not great but I'm working on getting everything fine tuned.
But, if you have access to animal thyroid from local farms, that's something to give a try, too.

Thanks for sharing your experience I will more than likely get it. I am testing out the Vitmain B complex he has.

I found out yesterday my B12 was high no low ( via blood work) so Iam def not taking Nowfoods B complex Energin has
no B12. It made me feel super weird at first but I have been super sensitive to all sorts of supplements as of late.

Geoffrey Axel

Yes, they've been low since I all my symptoms began. 96.8 in the AM lower some days gradually going up to 98.3 no further than that then comes back down at night.

Cold all the time and too hot in normal 76 + degree weather.

Have you tested your cortisol levels using an adrenal saliva kit? If so, what were the numbers?

OP
Rickyman

Rickyman

Have you tested your cortisol levels using an adrenal saliva kit? If so, what were the numbers?
Morning 4.2 range ( 3.7 - 9.5)

Noon 2.8 range (1.2-3)

Evening 3.0 range (0.6 - 1.9)

Night 1 range ( 0.4 - 1.0)

I have scouring the forum and I found ray peat does not like or think this test is valid though... whish I would have seen that sooner.

Perhaps a urine test.? Idk

Geoffrey Axel

Morning 4.2 range ( 3.7 - 9.5)

Noon 2.8 range (1.2-3)

Evening 3.0 range (0.6 - 1.9)

Night 1 range ( 0.4 - 1.0)

I have scouring the forum and I found ray peat does not like or think this test is valid though... whish I would have seen that sooner.

Perhaps a urine test.? Idk

"Cold all the time and too hot in normal 76 + degree weather."

You'll definitely want to spend more time focused on your adrenals

The adrenal saliva test is far more valid if it's interpreted properly.

So....let's do some analysis:

Your morning level should be at the top of the range. The night level should be at the very bottom of the range.

Do you have insomnia? How about palpitations in the evening? Your evening range is HIGH (both my evening and night levels were high)

I'd been taking desiccated thyroid 60mg plus liothyronine 5mcg with no improvement in my insomnia. My TSH was 1.01 so I wasn't getting any dose increase from the NP.

Just a few weeks ago I began taking those two meds 2 hours before getting up in the morning (6:00am, meds taken at 4:00am)

For the first time since my ordeal began in Nov 2013, I've seen a measurable improvement in my sleep pattern.

This process is discussed in a book written by Paul Robinson (The CT3M Handbook). He also wrote Recovering with T3.

He explains how to bring up your morning cortisol levels by timing your morning T3 thyroid dose. You can also do it with desiccated thyroid but it's less effective.

There are various supplements promoted for either lowering cortisol or raising it. I'm not a fan of most of them. Using hydrocortisone is a last resort option.

Consider taking your thyroid med(s) earlier, depending upon when you get up.

As always, be sure that you are not deficient in magnesium or any of the other minerals and vitamins that support thyroid and/or adrenal function.

OP
Rickyman

Rickyman

"Cold all the time and too hot in normal 76 + degree weather."

You'll definitely want to spend more time focused on your adrenals

The adrenal saliva test is far more valid if it's interpreted properly.

So....let's do some analysis:

Your morning level should be at the top of the range. The night level should be at the very bottom of the range.

Do you have insomnia? How about palpitations in the evening? Your evening range is HIGH (both my evening and night levels were high)

I'd been taking desiccated thyroid 60mg plus liothyronine 5mcg with no improvement in my insomnia. My TSH was 1.01 so I wasn't getting any dose increase from the NP.

Just a few weeks ago I began taking those two meds 2 hours before getting up in the morning (6:00am, meds taken at 4:00am)

For the first time since my ordeal began in Nov 2013, I've seen a measurable improvement in my sleep pattern.

This process is discussed in a book written by Paul Robinson (The CT3M Handbook). He also wrote Recovering with T3.

He explains how to bring up your morning cortisol levels by timing your morning T3 thyroid dose. You can also do it with desiccated thyroid but it's less effective.

There are various supplements promoted for either lowering cortisol or raising it. I'm not a fan of most of them. Using hydrocortisone is a last resort option.

Consider taking your thyroid med(s) earlier, depending upon when you get up.

As always, be sure that you are not deficient in magnesium or any of the other minerals and vitamins that support thyroid and/or adrenal function.
Thank you for your input. I plan on trying that out as I saw that in the STTTM website about thyroid and adrenals,

Yeah my energy seems to pick up in the evening so I am pretty sure this test is spot on.

For sure goin g to sleep takes time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals