PureBulk Vitamin A

Dan W

I'd bought an earlier formulation (with gum arabic, starch, and DL-alpha-tocopherol) to try for topical use and had trouble getting it to dissolve in water or oil. This one has dextrin, modified food starch, and sucrose, so maybe it'd fare better.

OP
J

j.

The previous formulation doesn't seem so questionable, at least the dl-alpha tocopherol I tolerate in the Dr Clark product. Maybe the gum arabic was the really bad thing? Peata is using a pregnenolone with gum arabic with apparently ok results.

OP
J

j.

The "Health Notes" section of purebulk products seems to have really good information and summaries.

OP
J

j.

If I had the product, I think I would test it by adding a drop of olive oil with it to an empty capsule.

PhilParma

Does anyone have any experience with this as an oral supplement? Is it taken well? The other ingredients are still: Dextrin, Modified Food Starch, & Sucrose.

If it's a viable option, it's extremely economical. Would combining it with water and alcohol work as a makeshift topical acne solution? That's probably over my head...really I just want to know if anyone uses this product orally. Thanks.

PhilParma

When retinyl palimitate is taken orally, how much is absorbed? I've read that it is anywhere from 10-50%, and that's quite a large range.

A 100k IU dose of retinyl palmitate is equivalent to how many IU of retinol being used by the body?

keith

When retinyl palimitate is taken orally, how much is absorbed? I've read that it is anywhere from 10-50%, and that's quite a large range.

A 100k IU dose of retinyl palmitate is equivalent to how many IU of retinol being used by the body?

I believe it would be 55,000 iu retinol in 100,000 iu retinyl palmitate. If you buy the powder, you'll have to further convert mg to iu. I have personally tried this with another brand of supposedly USP retinyl palmitate, that apparently wasn't what it claimed to be, since I couldn't get it to dissolve in oil. It should dissolve in oil or alcohol, I think.

After trying, I think it is more trouble than it is worth. I just bought a bottle of health natura, 15,000 iu per drop, 1430 drops per bottle. Should last a while, and I feel better about the quality, but haven't been taking it long enough to comment on effectiveness. Good luck if you want to try.

PhilParma

I believe it would be 55,000 iu retinol in 100,000 iu retinyl palmitate. If you buy the powder, you'll have to further convert mg to iu. I have personally tried this with another brand of supposedly USP retinyl palmitate, that apparently wasn't what it claimed to be, since I couldn't get it to dissolve in oil. It should dissolve in oil or alcohol, I think.

After trying, I think it is more trouble than it is worth. I just bought a bottle of health natura, 15,000 iu per drop, 1430 drops per bottle. Should last a while, and I feel better about the quality, but haven't been taking it long enough to comment on effectiveness. Good luck if you want to try.

Thanks keith. The PureBulk stuff is so cheap that I bought a bunch of it awhile ago. I just recently got confused about dosing because I read that only 10% of the palmitate is converted into retinol. 50% is what I had assumed previously, so thank you for confirming.