Benefits Of Oysters

Velve921

So I recently added in oysters to increase my zinc levels...has anyone noticed significant benefits when adding in oysters?

I was also told that oysters contain thyroid? Something to do with it being a non vertebrae animal?

Love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks!

squanch

1-2 oysters daily in combination with small amounts of liver 2-3 times/ week was the only thing that completely cleared my acne and stopped the red/irritated/burning face I would get after eating certain foods.

I have tried only liver, liver + different zinc supplements, zinc supplements + vitamin a supplement before that and nothing really worked.
Oysters + liver is where it's at.
If I cut one of those 2 things out of my diet for a few weeks, the symptoms I mentioned above start coming back.

I usually buy 2 dozen oysters at a time, then put them in little bags and freeze them alive in the shell.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Wow, that's great stuff!!!

How long have you been consistent with liver and oysters now?

How much and how often do you eat liver?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Sorry missed the part about liver... Gotcha.

Anyone else hAve experience with oysters?

DarrylC24

Skally said:
1-2 oysters daily in combination with small amounts of liver 2-3 times/ week was the only thing that completely cleared my acne and stopped the red/irritated/burning face I would get after eating certain foods.
Oyster could really make that? Good to know.

gretchen

I've eaten 3 cans a week the last month and have more energy. I've started getting up early before the alarm goes off, like between 5-6 a.m.

barbwirehouse

gretchen said:
I've eaten 3 cans a week the last month and have more energy. I've started getting up early before the alarm goes off, like between 5-6 a.m.

You can get canned/tinned oysters NOT in a pufa oil? I'm jealous. Everything here is sunflower, soybean, sunflower, sunflower, soybean, vegetable, etc, etc.

Uselis

Hello,

I was wondering is mussels same as oysters? That is the only thing I cannot get where I live. There is canned mussels in brine b ut no oysters.

Aspekt

They aren't the same, though they still are good for selenium and b12, oysters are the best because of the high zinc and copper. Maybe you could try ordering some online?

tomisonbottom

I have tried only liver, liver + different zinc supplements, zinc supplements + vitamin a supplement before that and nothing really worked.
If I cut one of those 2 things out of my diet for a few weeks, the symptoms I mentioned above start coming back.

I usually buy 2 dozen oysters at a time, then put them in little bags and freeze them alive in the shell.

How do you eat your oysters?

Ella

Forum Supporter

See I tried really hard to tell you guys. Stop wasting your money and damaging your health with supplements. Food is where it's at and it is mighty powerful. especially when it comes to liver + oysters. You need to get with the program:) Squanch, glad you finally saw the light. So once you find the right balance, you're bulletproof, ready to kick arse. It is going to be different for each person what that ratio is going to be.

Ideonaut

Sorry missed the part about liver... Gotcha.

Anyone else hAve experience with oysters?
I had 4 large steamed oysters last night for dinner and then the best sleep, dreams, and nighttime mentation I've had in years. I haven't had comparable positive effects from any other Peaty foods, supplements, or practices. Also had half a ripe cantalope before bed; maybe that helped.

Lilac

In the last year, from time to time, I would get a throbbing under a root-canaled, capped molar. I was afraid a trip to the dentist was in the cards. Since I started eating a can of oysters per week, the throbbing is about 95 percent gone.

The brand is Crown Prince smoked oysters in olive oil from South Korea. I wash off the oil and eat them quickly one by one until they are gone. I don't like them, but the lack of pain is a big motivator. I bought them through Amazon, but I noticed the other day that Trader Joe's now sells them.

Xisca

We do not have oysters here...
Would love to.
I can only get frozen shrimps and other seefood, and canned mussels....

but I did not know that you could get some in can, I have eaten them before, only raw from the shell!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Ella

Forum Supporter
only raw from the shell!

Please, please do not eat them raw. This is extremely important for you Xisca. Raw seafood contains tyrosinases, these will destroys thiamine. Thiamine is water soluble so is easily lost every day. Mushrooms also contain tyrosinases and must be cooked to destroy these enzymes. Don't feed raw fish to your cat as you will give your pet a thiamine deficiency too.

Thank you Charlie :)

Do clams provide same or similar benefits?

Yes clams along with other bivalve molluscs are exceptionally nutrient dense. Clams have high B12 levels and are high in chromium, selenium, zinc, copper; and good sources of B-vitamins, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. Oysters though are higher in zinc, however the levels in clams are pretty darn good.

You need to be mindful that they are also rich in iron. Males and post menopausal women should drink some coffee, tea or milk to prevent the absorption of iron.

Escargots (not bivalves) also similar in nutrition are divine but really high in iron.

If you decide to go gluten-free, then there should be no problems with deficiencies if you include a tiny amount of bivalve molluscs into your daily meals.

Xisca

Is it the same for all shells and crabs? Have to cook them?
If I can have oysters, I will cook them, eating them raw is only about tradition. With lemon!

I have mostly seen cats smelling raw fish and discard it as yuk... They have instinct! They love it cooked. Cats near restaurants by the sea here, are looking real gorgeous! They are very good fishers, uuu beggers....

Ostras Ahumadas 170 gr. en Mumumío
only smoked oysters, but in OLIVE oil!

Last edited:

Xisca

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals