Euphoria From Cyproheptadine

Herbie

Hi,

Recently I took 4mg of cyproheptadine in the early afternoon and then took a nap (obviously), it was a nice warm autumn day, I woke up and felt like listening to music, I really had a strong urge to listen to music and you know when you hear a song and you connect with it on an emotional/chemical way and feel it deep within your being, you get those electric sensations running along the spine. Ive used cypro many times but never got this kind of euphoria, it was a nice experience.

Anyone else have this kind of experience?

Anyone taken a large dose at once?

opethfeldt

I've noticed this too. It's reduced at higher doses, I assume from the antagonism of dopamine.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Nice. Can you replicate it? Yeah its interesting.

Its reminds me of when I've used lsd, the next day the colours of the world and the sounds of music are refreshed to my senses and I'm only guessing its from lowering serotonin.

opethfeldt

I get the same experience from BCAA+acetyl tyrosine. I think it's a result of lowering serotonin and therefore allowing dopamine to increase further than before, creating the euphoric feeling.

LUH 3417

the first time i took cypro i felt disassociated but in a very pleasurable way. i was free to be an observer, sensations like sunlight and wind against my skin were very profound, and there was this sweet feeling of detachment.

sometimes when i've taken cypro and am drifting to sleep, it feels like a very safe kind of drifting. for a long time i would be falling into sleep and wake up suddenly because i had the sensation of falling off my bike or crashing my car, probably because of the high amount of stress i was experiencing in daily life, but on cypro i don't get that at all and instead the threshold between sleep and wakefulness is very sweet and welcoming.

the only downside i've experienced so far is the fact that some days i have to drink so much coffee to wake up from cypro sleep that i end up giving myself insomnia the next night from the amount of caffeine, especially if i dont eat over 2k calories. my mood is much much better though and i would say i've had some euphoric/lsd like experiences on it.

opethfeldt

the first time i took cypro i felt disassociated but in a very pleasurable way. i was free to be an observer, sensations like sunlight and wind against my skin were very profound, and there was this sweet feeling of detachment.

sometimes when i've taken cypro and am drifting to sleep, it feels like a very safe kind of drifting. for a long time i would be falling into sleep and wake up suddenly because i had the sensation of falling off my bike or crashing my car, probably because of the high amount of stress i was experiencing in daily life, but on cypro i don't get that at all and instead the threshold between sleep and wakefulness is very sweet and welcoming.

the only downside i've experienced so far is the fact that some days i have to drink so much coffee to wake up from cypro sleep that i end up giving myself insomnia the next night from the amount of caffeine, especially if i dont eat over 2k calories. my mood is much much better though and i would say i've had some euphoric/lsd like experiences on it.

I noticed the same thing the first week or so I took Cyproheptadine. It's a shame it doesn't last. If you don't mind my asking, how much Cyproheptadine do you take before bed? I've settled on 2mg for the past few months but I've never really had the experience you've had with the drifting feelings.

LUH 3417

I noticed the same thing the first week or so I took Cyproheptadine. It's a shame it doesn't last. If you don't mind my asking, how much Cyproheptadine do you take before bed? I've settled on 2mg for the past few months but I've never really had the experience you've had with the drifting feelings.
i wish it would last too! i take 1-2mg/day now. I've taken as much as 12mg at once and that'll knock me out for 14 hours or so, but i've been very sleep deprived so it feels necessary. i find the drifting feeling happens at 1-2mg, as well as at higher doses, but i can't really take more than 1-2mg if i have something to do the next day. i'm going to try cypro and lisuride together to see how that works.

opethfeldt

i wish it would last too! i take 1-2mg/day now. I've taken as much as 12mg at once and that'll knock me out for 14 hours or so, but i've been very sleep deprived so it feels necessary. i find the drifting feeling happens at 1-2mg, as well as at higher doses, but i can't really take more than 1-2mg if i have something to do the next day. i'm going to try cypro and lisuride together to see how that works.

I've never really gone past 4mg. Would you say that 12mg results in noticeably deeper sleep or do you just sleep longer? Seems like something interesting to experiment with this weekend.

LUH 3417

I've never really gone past 4mg. Would you say that 12mg results in noticeably deeper sleep or do you just sleep longer? Seems like something interesting to experiment with this weekend.
I think it's both. I don't have any dreams on a high dose which is nice but I still dream on low dose. Feel free to report back as it would be good to hear about your experience.

opethfeldt

I think it's both. I don't have any dreams on a high dose which is nice but I still dream on low dose. Feel free to report back as it would be good to hear about your experience.

Definitely will. On a related note, I haven't dreampt in a VERY long time. I wonder if that's good or bad. I assume it means deeper sleep but I also still wake up a couple times during the night so I don't know how true that is.

LUH 3417

Definitely will. On a related note, I haven't dreampt in a VERY long time. I wonder if that's good or bad. I assume it means deeper sleep but I also still wake up a couple times during the night so I don't know how true that is.
I've read on this forum that dreaming is related to high seratonin but I'm not entirely sure.

opethfeldt

I've read on this forum that dreaming is related to high seratonin but I'm not entirely sure.

From my own experience, that does seem to be true. I've taken things like 5-htp and tryptophan supplements in the past and always had vivid dreams when using them. I guess that pretty much answers the question as to whether dreaming is good.

LUH 3417

From my own experience, that does seem to be true. I've taken things like 5-htp and tryptophan supplements in the past and always had vivid dreams when using them. I guess that pretty much answers the question as to whether dreaming is good.
Yes I agree. Dreams tend to be stressful for me but I have noticed that since taking cypro the frequency of nightmares has decreased (I'd been having nightmares for several years) and when I do dream it's more pleasant content (like floating through space with Strauss playing in the background)

Tarmander

For sure. First time I took cypro I laughed way harder then warranted at a movie I was watching. I got a bit slap happy. I get less of that, in fact it's much harder to feel now then the first time, but that's okay.

sladerunner69

Hi,

Recently I took 4mg of cyproheptadine in the early afternoon and then took a nap (obviously), it was a nice warm autumn day, I woke up and felt like listening to music, I really had a strong urge to listen to music and you know when you hear a song and you connect with it on an emotional/chemical way and feel it deep within your being, you get those electric sensations running along the spine. Ive used cypro many times but never got this kind of euphoria, it was a nice experience.

Anyone else have this kind of experience?

Anyone taken a large dose at once?

What exactly do you mean by the indication "(obviously)"? Does cypro always make you sleepy? Is it intended for that? Or you typically take naps in the afternoon?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

What exactly do you mean by the indication "(obviously)"? Does cypro always make you sleepy? Is it intended for that? Or you typically take naps in the afternoon?

I was being humorous because of the drop in circadian rhythm in the mid afternoon along with the sedative effects of the cypro lead me to take a nap. Cypro doesn't always make me sleepy but on this particular afternoon it did. I don't take it order to fall asleep. I rarely take naps but I think I had a head ache or something which got me to think of taking some cypro.

I initially used the cypro to lower stress and I've been experimenting with re growing hair but now I know its actions I can tell when its a suitable time to use it seems to be once or twice a month.

opethfeldt

Wanted to update everyone on my higher dose cypro sleep experiment. I didn't go 12mg last night but I did twice my usual dose of 2mg. With 4mg, I got noticeably better sleep quality and slept longer as well. 12 hours total. I woke up feeling reborn. Interestingly, I had dreams last night, though I don't remember them at all. Definitely something I'm going to do on weekends from now on.

grenade

When I first tried cyproheptadine (alongside progesterone), I experienced this too.

It was absolutely wonderful. I only experienced it once again after at a much larger, combined dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals