Really White Tongue On Peat?

sladerunner69

I used to have this problem as well, I believe it is know as "Thrush" on the tongue. I still have it a bit, but it is not that bad.

Elize

Thanks Sladerunner. Am going to try the Activated Charcoal. I also understand that this could also be cause by leaky gut syndrome. I have been using home made bone broths but wonder if mine that I make over 72 hours perhaps am high in glutamic acid could be the issue. Will work on doing meat broths that cook for only 5 hours and see if it changes anything. I am also going to try the Gaps diet just till I can sort my gut health out and then start Peating slowly. I may have overdone it by going fully into Peating too soon. Add sugar, dairy etc which I did not have for many years may have triggered something. The positive side is we can try till we have success.

marteagal

I get this too when I have milk / dairy products - this might be unscientific but are we sure it isn't just a dairy residue on the tongue?

Thanks for posting this! I also have a white-coated tongue and the coating builds up within one day. And yesterday after reading @Such_Saturation's MacGyver post, I think this is exactly my problem. Because I always drink OJ followed by milk, the coat is probably nothing else than cheese-like stuff from curdling. For now, I brush my tongue every morning and night until it is pink again (sometimes with niacinamide powder), but it's cumbersome.

xiaohua

Thanks for posting this! I also have a white-coated tongue and the coating builds up within one day. And yesterday after reading @Such_Saturation's MacGyver post, I think this is exactly my problem. Because I always drink OJ followed by milk, the coat is probably nothing else than cheese-like stuff from curdling. For now, I brush my tongue every morning and night until it is pink again (sometimes with niacinamide powder), but it's cumbersome.
No problem! Yes, I think a lot of people are worrying about a bacterial or yeast problem when it's just dairy. ;) Cleaning the tongue can be a pain, but I find that a U-shaped stainless steel tongue scraper like the one I posted really takes the hassle out of it.