East West: The Science Behind The Dangers Of Polyunsaturated Fats

pboy

im not 100% sure...but, I did an experiment a while back..i thought it was just that pufa were oxidized as to the problem, so I was using a bunch of fresh oils...but k nowing what I know now, and the results...which actually weren't that bad but there was many reasons for that. But knowing what I know now, its not good either way, which is worse id ont know..the fresh oils don't seem as well absorbed if that means anything, but I was also drinking a lot of milk so im sure a lot got saponified to calcium and that's why. What ive basically arrived at now is that...seed oils are definitely not good, avocado...not sure, olives, not sure, palm oil...small amounts good, dairy fat...good up to a point, but the butyric acid smell...bothers me so I avoid it mostly. I never liked avocado that much, if it was just like a guaco thin layer on something it was ok, so maybe it was the pufa aspect. Olives same...a few, but moer than that became gross. I know seeds have other toxins so unless its really purified, the other toxins might be as bad as pufa. But the thing is...pufa is more long lasting. One thing I know...tho there were so many variables at the time its hard to say for sure...but when I ...beginning of this year, I used to drink whole milk, beginning of this year id started buying low fat to do a test, then skim. Definitely stirred my GI up...ill leave out the details, but it was...a stark change for about a month to a month and a half of tremendous bilious excretion at variable times, tho I felt good above that like energy wise, and I could tell it was fat soluble material cause it rose to the top...lol. I trusted instinct and was watching signs and stuff, and knowing how liver detoxes fat soluble through sulfation and then out in the bile, I was pretty sure it was dumping old pufas. Theres no other fat soluble anything that could have collected in that amount. Its hard for me to say exactly by feel what pufas do...most of what I remember was a hint spacey headed at the most, but I do know they are are a metabolic burden if nothing else on the liver because it has to waste energy and resources removing them. If they could be burned or needed for membranes, they wouldn't have been shat out...so that was proof enough for me

narouz

Just instinctively, off the cuff, pboy:

-you travel in the Middle East.
You stay at a farm growing sesame.
You happen to arrive just as they are harvesting the sesame seeds.
They make tahini in front of your eyes.

If you like you can buy for a cheap price
and pita bread with a dollop of this fresh tahini.
Do you buy it?

pboy

not unless starving! or that's all I could get. (which wouldn't happen, I wouldn't blindly put self into such a situation) Ive beared witness to too many gastric offenses to ever want that again...it depends on many factors though. Most of my life ive been in a stressed living condition amongst other things, so every GI offense was like the world collapsing, because ive had to be on my feet and going hyper fast all the time to maintain. But say I was in a really relaxing place...actually peaceful, no estrogenic people in my space, knowing the next day I wouldn't be under any kind of stress, I wouldn't sweat it as much. Theres a big difference in life under stress and not...when under stress near perfection is demanded depending on the level of it, or it can be a huge problem and ruin action potential that's desperately needed. If in more peaceful ...truly peaceful place with time and space...things like that don't matter as much. Id still go for something else first if I could though no doubt, cause knowing what I know now and all the bad food experiences ive had, im like almost afraid to eat anything now that im not totally sure is easy on gut

narouz

pboy said:
...it depends on many factors though. Most of my life ive been in a stressed living condition amongst other things, so every GI offense was like the world collapsing, because ive had to be on my feet and going hyper fast all the time to maintain. But say I was in a really relaxing place...actually peaceful, no estrogenic people in my space, knowing the next day I wouldn't be under any kind of stress, I wouldn't sweat it as much. Theres a big difference in life under stress and not...when under stress near perfection is demanded depending on the level of it, or it can be a huge problem and ruin action potential that's desperately needed. If in more peaceful ...truly peaceful place with time and space...things like that don't matter as much....

I know exactly what you mean.

This is political, in my view, pboy.
I know you don't like thinking about politics, but...
it's just, to live you have to be so under stress.
It sucks.
Guys (and gals) like you should get a little cushion, imo.
Realistically, there is a lot of stress in American USA life.
At the same time
I agree that USA is a paradise compared.
Still...even in the USA, there is a lot of stress.
Work-related stress.

I like your focus on how not everything is just about proper foods.

pboy

im in the process of fleshing it all out, but ive found out how key that is...hormones and signals...are at the core of everything, its just sometimes people cant ever get clear while in the storm, and don't know whats happening to them and why (bodily wise) and most are kind of desperate because they have what...30 minutes of down time a day or even none casue they have other things worrying about...they dont want to hear something like...that you have to be in such a situation, and have this much time..and other things to be feeling really good, its like it seems impossible so then it makes even more serotonin for them, wanting to give up
If someone told me what id have to go through to get to where I am, and the length of time it would take, before it all happened...id almost think it was a joke and be like that's impossible and ect ect...but if it was like known that was real, id be like deeply saddened and like...something I really might be weary of, but at the same time..it all unfolded for me a day at a time...anyways, yes you're right, theres stress in most of the world right now. Its possible to have a pretty good life if you go about it intelligently. The thing is, its certain stresses that people don't think of that are the main bad things...or their knowing of it manifests ina different way. Its possible to do everything the US does production wise, in a way without..or at most, 10-15% of the stress that's happening now, but it would take a profound change on a large scale, and I don't think...anyone has a clue of how to do that because they've never...taken step 1 to know life, like...they wouldn't be capable or even close at all, so they might not try or think its possible. Id know how to do it, but how can I institute that myself...I don't think that's the name of the game, the burden of such a 'duty' would be enough to ruin a life...so that cant be how life is. Any progress you can make in your own life, actually is vibing outward, naturally from you and in the interactions you have, decisions you make, and words you speak..in that sense...anyone can have a huge impact

Food and stresses and signals all play off each other..which is the trippy part, you can work one angle to automatically help the others, yet at same time, one that's off can effect others that you are doing perfect of in that category. And another thing is stress hormones when warranted are necessary or else its actually worse. Like...say you were in a really bad situation, but refused to get angry about it...or want to decisively get out of it...that would be worse than adrenaline actually arising and acting more powerfully to get out of it. Ive got a good idea now but not 100% complete on the whole picture of it. One huge thing is that...cortisol is always bad, and never necessary...shouldn't be that is, ive noticed cortisol arises when time is the stress...kind of thing, either from being in a starved state, or because you are in a time rush ...which is...a lot of people a lot of days, rushing to do what they need in the morning before work, rushing to work, rushing at work, rushing to make dinner, ect...cortisol is very bad, so something very important no matter what is to construct your lifestyle so you don't need to rush. For many this means shedding a lot of stuff that isn't necessary. With kids like...I don't know, unless the mother is not working, I could see it nearly being impossible to avoid and be healthy..like I dunno, or very very hard. Because you cant trust resturaunts and fast food and all that, it just adds a huge burden because then you have to do all your own food. But yea, cortisol, and don't let yourself get hungry...figure out what and how much you need, then always..make sure to get that in. Cortisol can be ruinous to mood, train of thought, sleep, strength, positive hormones, and set you back. Another thing that's always bad and never necessary is estrogens in terms of outsid estuff...if body needs some for a natural thing, you wont notice it, but external estrogens...which basically I see as anything that's toxic or a threat, and that's pretty huge..it can be anything, or anyone. And nearly ineveitbaly estrogenic things provoke cortisol (if youre aware..most people soak up poisons without cortisol cause they don't realize theyre being poisoned), but if you're aware, it will provoke cortisol, which basically is the 'run or rush' hormone, cause you wanna get away from it as quickly as possible. In such situations and other situations...if cortisol fails, or you fail in its presence, like whatever you need to rush to or escape from, if you cant or fail, then serotonin sets in...which is the mindset of giving up, negativity in a depressed disconnected way, and ruins your whole resolve and perspective and desire to rise above threatening situations. Its a submit and decay kind of thing. This is even with estrogenic...people. Say you work with a boss who's a piece of crap or whatever...peats thing on avoiding authoritatian people is a huge thing, and authoritatian situations (which is most jobs, sadly...has to be avoided for optimal health), boss like that being estrogenic, probably will provoke cortisol a bit...means you feel always being watched over your back, you have to produce at a faster rate to please them so you don't get fired or so you can get a raise, always rushing and scared of thier presence and power...you either a) stand up for self and be like yo leave me alone I got this, in which case it might go bad, or it might in a rare case be successful, or b) look for another job or another way out of having to be around that person under their ability to wield your destiny via reward or punishment, their threat, Anything other than a going well or b you actually finding a way out to a better situation, serotonin sets in...so usually person becomes a yes man and a (pardon language) a p***y. And then becomes a programmed worthless to society, future generations, lethargic, ugly person.
Say you're in a situation where you know you can get out of it, but say...you need to save a certain amount of money, it'll take you a couple months, and like..the current situation is bad, and you wanna get out of it, cant stand it for one more day...yet you know its possible to get out once you save enough money. This is an awful situation to be in...because, this as an example but could happen in any kind of similar thing....because each day you wake up in bad situation, want immediate out, or way to immediately progress in path out, but cant...have to be patient, knowing going to be a long time of that same bad thing, serotonin will set in, in which case you can either let it, or get angry about it..which is protective and righteous, then adrenaline sets in..and actually de sticks the negative self defeating thoughts, and facilitates your sharp decisive action and feeling of empowerment. So in this case, adrenaline and anger at being in what you're in (unless its like really something bad you deserved..but that's a side thing) is actually the positive thought...and letting serotonin weaken you and make lethargicv and be like 'its not even worth it' or like 'there is no god' or just that kidn of thing...'those people are lucky why did I have to be in this..unfair' and like sulk and be really slow and..completely in a rumination rather than eyes open heart up empowered and acting state. Anger is better than that. Yet adrenaline...feels good, but not when you're trying to sleep or become intimate or receptive and slow down...smell the flowers and beauty kind of thing. Its all depending. Dopamine happens when you're progessing, and seeing, feeling , the progress towards an ideal outcome. Translate that out to everything. But that's why those things where...it takes patience and you don't see any progressive result of your efforts (a lot of jobs) theres little to no dopamine even though you
just expended a ton of energy, it can provoke serotonin. Dopeamine protects from serotonin even if in a stressed state...as long as theres progress felt and seen from energy expenditure, you're almost always protected and positive and have a good outlook and friendly. Theres a lot more to this but that should be quite a huge thing\

jaywills

tara said:
jaywills said:
I guess if it was your staple carb, the PUFA would be significant - eg 1kg everyday day would be ~220 g carbs, ~6g PUFA. Is that what you mean by a lot? Or just a regular helping of 100g or so of mixed veges a few times a week - in which case it doesn't seem overwhelming?

I think you are right Tara it depends entirely on quantity. I it was with a daily helping of mixed veggies, around 500g worth. So around 100g of sweetcorn. Must be wider issues but I think the quote from peat is interesting nonetheless

jaywills

Pboy nice post. I like the way you link lifestyle and a philosophical outlook to the peat approach and improving ines health. It's so easy to harness on just diet but your ideas on the environment and of politics in many aspects of life I can personally see comparisons with. Like the whole in a rush concept rings so true with me. Stress is multi - faceted and trying to reduce a high stress burden has to come from a complete change in lifestyle

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Finally took a picture, don't mind the quality. It's in another language but I'm sure everyone can understand..
*Had to create a shadow, otherwise the ambient lighting was shinning too much on the package.
That wasn't accurate, the company relabeled their product:
110g serving
Total fats 1.87g
Saturated 0.84g

Anyway, the attachment is a more accurate data from an university in Brazil, for those that are curious about a detailed fatty acid profile of seafood from a tropical country. There's a chance that the salmon was imported, not sure.
Values are for 100g.

Attachments

• Unicamp - Seafood Fatty Acid Profile.pdf
    90.1 KB · Views: 50

artlange

"The nuts that grow at a very high temperature are like Coconuts, very Saturated in their fats. "

Which means peanut grown in high temperature should be fine?
Peanuts grow underground, and will not be exposed to the same high temperature that tropical nuts grown above ground are exposed to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals