Gelatin/grey Hair

Peater

I've seen numerous references to gelatin helping with grey hair due to it balancing the tryptophan-heavy muscle meat diets most eat.

However in this thread 'https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/gelatin-can-exarcerbate-a-protein-insufficiency.12878/' there is a reference to glycine causing protein absorption efficiency problems

See glycine causing grey hair by reducing absorption efficiency of other proteins Association Of Potassium Caproyl Tyrosine, L-phenylalanine And Taurine And Use Thereof To Prevent An

I just wondered what others thoughts were as I have found glycine somewhat useful for anxiety and still have full hair colour at 32, apart from a few greys in the beard stubble.

Is it just a case of accepting the fact amino acids/proteins are a balancing act?

CrystalClear

Hi Peater, I wish I could load a photo to show you, but I noticed recently that some of my pure white hair ( I am aged 57), is growing back with very dark pigment - about 4-5 cm from the root. The rest of the length is white. I have been "peating" for 10 months and have used gelatin the whole time. I would say the whole metabolically supportive diet is helping.

sladerunner69

I noticed my hair is actually regaining its color. I am 24, brownish/dark greyish hair colour. I am regaining the bright blonde hair I had as a young little man! I have mroe than a few bright blond hairs that my mother has commented on, ad of course it seems nice and thick and full oer all, though my hairline is receding a bit...

tomisonbottom

Hi Peater, I wish I could load a photo to show you, but I noticed recently that some of my pure white hair ( I am aged 57), is growing back with very dark pigment - about 4-5 cm from the root. The rest of the length is white. I have been "peating" for 10 months and have used gelatin the whole time. I would say the whole metabolically supportive diet is helping.

Do you take supplements or just dietary changers? Have you had other benefits from diet?

Birdie

I can't use much gelatin right now but was using it for a couple of years. About 6 months or a year into Peat advised eating, my hair color returned. I had some gray before, and used a blonde rinse. Then, noticed I didn't need the rinse anymore. I do have some light gray hairs. I'm 72, so ... weird to have this hair.

I was using gelatin everyday in oj jello. I still use stock a lot. Latest is chicken feet stock. But I keep reading and applying as much as possible. Not just the gelatin part, I mean.

And nobody I know is the least bit interested in Peats research approach. Figure they think all is genetics. And, true, my mother's hair was red in her 60s... but not in her 70s.

CrystalClear

Do you take supplements or just dietary changers? Have you had other benefits from diet?
Hi, yes - all the basic supplements as well as the dietry changes. I must have gotten enough copper, as Ray Peat says it is needed for the enzyme that makes the pigment.

Birdie

This is amazing. In my case, I didn't see the difference like that.
On amazon reviews of gelatin, one woman showed a photo of her hair growing in darker in patches.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals