I'm A Mess (very High Blood Pressure, Mostly)

you sound a lot like my thread. trying to save hair and dealing with post fin effects. i can tell you for a fact your vitamin D is low as ***t, you definetely have to get that worked on. i have a few problems myself, but i know for a fact vitamin D needs to be between 50 and 60 and i even went and got blood work done every week while dosing vitamin D just to try to get it to where i wanted it to, cost me about 80 a week trying to figure it out lol. the only other item i recognize is your total cholesterol which looks pretty good.

you should get prolactin.. mine was HIGH AS **** and my vitamin D was better than yours.. i wonder if yours is like off the charts crazy high because your vitamin D is so low. i think i have similar problems as you (post fin, hair loss, etc)

sp2000

this message is for milk. Could you please contact me at sp1 "at"live.ca?

sp2000

thank you very much for quick response

After using Saw palmetto I am feeling very bad for many years and my Vitamin D is extremely low. I read Benicar can fix Vitamin D level (Marshal protocol).

1- Since you are finsteride sufferer and have used Benicar too, what is you experience about Benicar?

2- You have used Benicar and got some side effects from it. After stopping it, did you recover well?

3- Any side effects which did not go away after stopping Benicar?

4- Any advice to fix side effects caused by Finasteride (and Saw palmetto since both works the same way).

thanks

sp

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
(To sum it up: a lot of bad decisions, very high blood pressure, high anxiety, liver and thyroid don't seem to be in good shape.)

I'm 30 years old. I've been sort of following the Peat thing for a couple of years now. Not very rigorously, I admit. I got into it because I'm trying to save my hair. I wasn't measuring my pulse or my temps throughout. And I was drinking a lot of alcohol.

To top it off, I dabbled in Cynomel and Cynoplus now and then. I shouldn't have. It's a long story. I took Cynomel on impulse one day when I was feeling very depressed, basically. I was meaning to get bloodwork first, don't get me wrong. It was an impulsive thing. Obviously a serious mistake, as the exams below probably indicate.

Everytime I take thyroid I feel pretty good, but my anxiety worsened after that first time I took it. It has been more of an intense, almost cold sweat anxiety ever since. Things that made me nervous before now make me dizzyingly nervous.

Anyway. I wasn't feeling very well one month ago, so I went to the hospital. Turns out I have very high blood pressure. I went to a heart doctor and she had me take a bunch of exams.

Some of the names below are in Portuguese. I'm Brazilian. I have no time to meticulously translate everything. I hope a glance at those numbers and facts may indicate something significant. I wasn't taking thyroid when I took them. (They're the usual exams mainstream doctors ask for apparently. No T3, T4 and other things Ray Peat recommends checking out, I know. I took them all in the same week.)

(I'm a noob about all of this stuff, as you might have noticed. But I'm willing to learn, ok?)

Blood test 20/03/15

Uric acid - 6,78 mg/dL
Calcium 9,8 mg/dL
Creatinine 0,96 mg/dL
Gama GT 40,5 U/L
Glicose 77,65 mg/dL
Total cholesterol 233,0 mg/DL
HDL cholesterol 57,6 mg/dL
LDL cholesterol 154,6 mg/dL
Non-HDL Cholesterol 175,40 mg/dL
Triglicerides - 102,3 mg/dL
TGP Alanina aminotransferase - 28,3 U/L
Antiestreptolisina O - Aslo -- 100 U/Todd
Rheumatoid factor – Latex – 8,0 UI/mL
Urine – Volume 10 mL – pH -6,0 Density 1.005 Clear Yellow / Limpid Aspect
Vitamin B12 – 622 pg/mL
Serotonin – 23,3 ng/mL
Cortisol 24,0 ug/dL
Ferro 97,00 ug/dL
Ferritina 120,70 ng/mL
Insulin 10,5 mU/L
Potassium 4,50 mEq/L
Total testosterone - 598,27 ng/dL
TSH – 2,620 mUI/mL
Vitamin D 25 Hidroxi - 13,46 ng/mL

VHS Blood hemossedimentation velocity – 3mm

Hemogram / CBC

Eritograma

Hemácias / red blood cells – 5,26 milh/mm3
Hemoglobin – 15,40 g/dL
Hematocrit – 47,10%
V.C.M. – 89,71 fL
H.C.M. – 29,33 pg
C.H.C.M. 32,70 g/dL
RDW 13,40%

Leucogram (I don't know if this is readable outside of my language but here goes)

Leucóticos – 6.310,00/mm3
Eosinófilos – 3%
Basófilos – 0%
Bastonetes – 3%
Linfócitos típicos – 31%
Segmentados – 55%
Monócitos – 8%
Neutrófilos – 58%
Plaquetas 185.000,00/mm3

Blood pressure map (25/03/15) (I wore a blood pressure pump around my arm throughout the day):

Basically during the day it starts at 12/9 but soon goes way high, gradually going from 14/9 to 15/10 to 17/11. During sleep it stays around 14/9 or 14/10.

I’m on Benicar for three days now and measured my blood pressure at the drugstore around 17:30 pm today, and it was 16/9, so no results so far, it seems.

Abdominal ultrassound (25/03/15)

Liver

"discreetly hyperechoic parenchyma", "ecographic signs of slight fatty infiltration in liver", so "slight fatty liver" I guess?

Thyroid:

"Discreet enlargemente of the dimensions of the right lobe."

Right lobe: 4,3 x 2,0 x 2,0 cm Volume: 8,9 cm3
Left lobe 4,5 x 1,7 x 1,7 Volume 6,7 cm3
Isthmus: 0,3 cm (espessura média) Volume 0,7 cm3
Total volume 16,3 cm3

Heart ultrasound: everything seems normal.

(The following exam was taken one year ago. I wasn't taking thyroid at the time either. I believe my blood pressure was closer to normal then. T4 and T3 are included.)

Last year’s blood exam (13/06/14)

TSH 1,11
Total T4 6,6 ug/dL
Total T3 79 ng/dL
Glicemia while fasting 96 mg/dL
Ureia 30 mg/dL
Total cholesterol 223 mg/dL
HDL Cholesterol 62 mg/dL
LDL Cholesterol 147 mg/dL
Trigliceridios 69 mg/dL

When I brought the newest exams back to the doctor she prescribed me Benicar. I asked if she knew anything about taurine helping with hypertension (I've read about it on this forum) and she literally got mad at me. It wasn't pretty.

Another thing: I smoked weed about a week before going to the hospital and learning about my blood pressure, more than I usually do (which is almost never), and became very anxious afterwards. It might have contributed to the current anxiety/blood pressure situation.

(The blood pressure might have been this high for a longer while though. Months maybe, maybe a whole year. I remember getting prescribed valerian for high blood pressure at the same hospital about eight months ago. I thought it was just from the stress from that day, as did the doctor given that he just prescribed me valerian.)

Ok, this is a lot already. If anyone's willing to take a look and give some tips I appreciate it a lot. I really need to get this blood pressure down.

Can you elaborate on what you mean when You say " take thyroid" is that a medication a reading or a supplement?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals