Best Thyroid Brand/product For A Young Male

Jsaute21

Which t3/t4 product have Peatarians had the most success with? I get different feedback from almost every veteran that I trust on here. I tried t3 for first time today (8 mcg dose) and certainly felt it. Almost too much. My tsh was 2, and t3/t4 was slightly low as of a couple months ago.
  • Tyromix
  • Tyronene
  • Tyromax

Waynish

I've tried all 3 and don't like how they make me feel. I can feel my thyroid when I take even 1/4th a drop of any of those, and it is distracting - for lack of a better explanation. I usually quit taking any after 3 days - and it takes me another ~1 day to feel normal again. People seem to have a variety of adverse reactions from taking thyroid, and I've not seen much effort being put into why. My TSH was ~2 last time it was measured, but I haven't measured my total t3 & t4 yet. Chinese doctors think my thyroid is fine and I'm typically pretty warm. I've not seen many explanations for the biodiversity of TSH measurements or proof that they're deterministic when within a reasonable range (<3). Still trying to figure out the truth about it...

encerent

Which t3/t4 product have Peatarians had the most success with? I get different feedback from almost every veteran that I trust on here. I tried t3 for first time today (8 mcg dose) and certainly felt it. Almost too much. My tsh was 2, and t3/t4 was slightly low as of a couple months ago.
  • Tyromix
  • Tyronene
  • Tyromax

The results for these are extremely mixed (as you kind of mentioned). Oral tyromax seemed worked for me the best though.

Although not being on thyroid at all seemed to work for me well too. I got a 1.87 TSH with a typical good diet here and no thyroid supps. I felt pretty well, but not very very well.

These days I'm feeling worse and worse (the start of which may be partly due to seeing bad lab results) and have gone back to taking a few drops of Tyromax.

Also there is not much known about the action of thyroid taken transcendentally. All the studies out there used oral thyroid.

Last edited:

encerent

Since the old-school Armour NDT isn't available anymore, I think Ray only really would recommend Cynomel/Cynoplus.

Elize

Greetings from Elize
Best is to do research on the various medications available.
Here is a good site.

My concern about
  • Tyromix
  • Tyronene
  • Tyromax
is that it may not be gluten free. A number of synthetic products still contain gluten. Synthroid, Levothyroxine, Cytomel etc all contain gluten and is a problem for people like me also live their lives with both thyroid and Celiac issues.
In my case also found that T3 can open up another can of worms unless used sparingly
Found Cynomel good but since I now live in the US and no longer in South Africa or Hong Kong that ordering Cynomel from Mexico seems to be an issue. Had no problems living outside of the US to order Cynomel. For some time Cynomel was off the market but see that it is back with also Cynomel Plus a T3/T4 combination and it is gluten free.

Options for Thyroid Treatment - Stop The Thyroid Madness
An extract from the above site

10. COMPOUNDED DESICCATED THYROID:
This is a method of “making” your desiccated thyroid via a compounding pharmacy. It works, but is far more expensive than any of the above, and in most cases, patients say there’s no need for it. And beware of two important problems: 1) some compounding pharmacies just use synthetic T4 and synthetic T3 and still call it “compounded Armour”. ASK for proof of what you are getting. 2) many of these pharmacies still try to use cellulose as a filler, which binds the thyroid hormones, even if they deny it. Instead, ask that the filler be something like powdered Acidophilus or oil.

11. SYNTHETIC T4 with SYNTHETIC T3:
Granted, patients who have tried this synthetic combo, then switched to desiccated thyroid, report the latter has even better results. But the synthetic combo is still a much better choice than being on T4 alone, we’ve discovered as informed patients! You can even choose to be just on synthetic T3, but remember that you’ll have no T4, the storage hormone, to covert to T3 for you, so you’ll have to dose it more, such as 3-4 times a day. Five times a day hasn’t been as effective as 3 or 4. Also, many patients report disliking the slow release version of T3–it’s an inexact man-made release and often runs out…and you feel it. Patients prefer dosing the T3 themselves with Cytomel of Cynomel. Read more here.

Elize

Greetings from Elize
Here is a good site.

My concern about
  • Tyromix
  • Tyronene
  • Tyromax
is that it may not be gluten free. A number of synthetic products still contain gluten. Synthroid, Levothyroxine, Cytomel etc all contain gluten and is a problem for people like me also live their lives with both thyroid and Celiac issues.
In my case also found that T3 can open up another can of worms unless used sparingly
Found Cynomel good but since I now live in the US and no longer in South Africa or Hong Kong that ordering Cynomel from Mexico seems to be an issue. Had no problems living outside of the US to order Cynomel. For some time Cynomel was off the market but see that it is back with also Cynomel Plus a T3/T4 combination and it is gluten free.

1. ACELLA’S N.P. THYROID
In late 2010, there suddenly appeared a “generic” version of desiccated thyroid–a real shock to patients since the FDA, in all their wisdom (cough), shut down all generics in 2009. And so far, it appears the Acella version is very workable, say patients, plus there’s the bonus that it can be done sublingally. It appears to be made very similar to what Armour used to be made before it was reformulated in 2009, then changed in 2015. Patients report being very happy with this product as well as liking the Acella company.

2. NATURETHROID
Naturethroid is a tried-and-true desiccated thyroid which has been around since the 1930’s, and is made by RLC labs. It appeared to have been reformulated in 2009, but many patients still swear by it. Some chew it up before swallowing for better absorption; others do well just by swallowing it. Hard to do sublingually.

3. WP THYROID formerly WESTHROID-P
Westhroid has been around almost as long as Naturethroid, but 2013 saw a new version called Westhroid-P with only two named “fillers”: Inulin (from chicory root) and medium chain triglycerides (from coconuts). So far, so good! Note: WP Thyroid also has lactose, even though it’s not stated. Westhroid is still around, but this seems to replace it for many.

4. ARMOUR
NOTE: In 2015, after the pharmaceutical makers of Armour was bought out by another pharmaceutical, many patients started to see their symptoms return, besides the fact that Armour TRIPLED in price. See this blog post before trying or continuing with Armour and decide for yourself)

Armour has been around the longest and until 2009, Armour by Forest Labs was the darling of all desiccated thyroid products. We could do it sublingually, and even if swallowed, it worked well. But by early 2009, it had been reformulated (an increase in cellulose, which binds thyroid hormones, and a decrease of sucrose). Because patients saw a return of their symptoms, they finally learned to chew it up to release the thyroid from the excess hardness and fiber. Then in 2012, some of the tablets became soft again and patients were happier. Then came the acquisition of Forest Labs by Activas, and patients reported a return of symptoms, besides a TRIPLING of price.

5. ERFA aka “Thyroid”
Turns out Canada’s pharmaceutical “Erfa Canada, Inc” has always produced an excellent desiccated thyroid product, which they simply call “Thyroid”, but which patients call Erfa. It’s almost exactly like the old Armour used to be (before Armour was reformulated in 2009 and ruined, say patients), thus you can do it sublingually. The FDA allows US citizens to order this from Canadian website pharmacies. List below. I, Janie, use this and love it. See the January 20th, 2010 blog post about favorite Canadian pharmacies. NOTE: many patients worldwide reported that suddenly, their latest batch of Erfa was resulting in a return of awful symptoms in 2014, even though they had done great for years. There were enough reports of this problem that we concluded that there were, in fact, some bad batches out there. By 2015, we are possibly seeing those bad batches disappear hopefully, but not for all.

6. NUTRI-MEDS, THYROGOLD, other OTC products:
Nutri-Meds is an OTC desiccated thyroid “supplement” in both bovine and porcine. It’s far weaker so you’ll have to take a lot more, but patients have always been thankful for its presence. Tell your doctor you are using it to maintain the relationship. http://www.nutri-meds.com/

Thyrogold is sold by Tammy Lowe, widow of Dr. John C. Lowe, and many are very happy with it. Capsules are 150 mg and 300 mg from New Zealand pasture-fed cows and 25 mg of Coleus forskohlii, which is said to promote thyroid function. www.naturalthyroidsolutions.com The website will say it’s a dietary supplement, but patients find it to work as well as prescription. Says a patient on Thyrogold: I lost 23 lbs. I can fit into my clothes again! My digestion improved. My memory improved 100%. Joint pains went away. I sleep all night through and my weight remains stable, and I can enjoy food. I am 64.

There appear to be other OTC products on the net and some with bovine thyroid from new zealand cows which look promising. We just have to be careful with those which have a lot of “other” ingredients, because those go up as we raise, too.

7. THYROID-S, “THIROYD”, T.R:
These are three different brands of desiccated thyroid made in Thailand that many patients swear by and are ordered over the internet. Google “thyroid-s Sriprasit” or “thiroyd greater pharma” to find sources, or privately ask other patients. Information on ingredients here. Keep your doctor informed of your use. A third brand has been mentioned in 2013, called TR and by T. Man Pharma in Thailand. All three with known ingredients are listed on the Armour vs. Other Brands page.

8. A GERMAN PHARMACY
…will supposedly send the medication abroad, prescription required and credit cards accepted. They source the thyroid from Europe and have no shortages. They will also compound any strength and combination you require. “THYREOGLAND” from Munchen (Munich), Kloesterl Apoteke, Waltherstrasse, 80337 Muenchen. Phone: 089 54343211 (Let me know if my information is incorrect, please)

9. INTERNATIONAL VERSIONS OF DESICCATED THYROID
Shown here. Use the Contact form at the bottom of any page on STTM to let me know if I need to list others or make corrections, please.

This is a method of “making” your desiccated thyroid via a compounding pharmacy. It works, but is far more expensive than any of the above, and in most cases, patients say there’s no need for it. And beware of two important problems: 1) some compounding pharmacies just use synthetic T4 and synthetic T3 and still call it “compounded Armour”. ASK for proof of what you are getting. 2) many of these pharmacies still try to use cellulose as a filler, which binds the thyroid hormones, even if they deny it. Instead, ask that the filler be something like powdered Acidophilus or oil.

Granted, patients who have tried this synthetic combo, then switched to desiccated thyroid, report the latter has even better results. But the synthetic combo is still a much better choice than being on T4 alone, we’ve discovered as informed patients! You can even choose to be just on synthetic T3, but remember that you’ll have no T4, the storage hormone, to covert to T3 for you, so you’ll have to dose it more, such as 3-4 times a day. Five times a day hasn’t been as effective as 3 or 4. Also, many patients report disliking the slow release version of T3–it’s an inexact man-made release and often runs out…and you feel it. Patients prefer dosing the T3 themselves with Cytomel of Cynomel. Read more here.

Waynish

Greetings from Elize
Here is a good site.

My concern about
  • Tyromix
  • Tyronene
  • Tyromax

An extract from the above site

How are thyroid products not gluten free? That doesn't make sense to me... But if it is true, then that would explain my adverse reactions to it!

Elize

Due to fillers used to formulate the tablets, capsules or topicals. The fillers are often from wheat, corn, dairy, soy or plant based products. Google Synthroid ingredients. Look at Chris Kresser Cytomel ingredients

Waynish

Ah ok, but one of the whole points of idea labs products is having no fillers and USP ingredients... So I don't think we have to worry in this case.

Elize

Greetings from Elize
Best of health to all.

Posted by Haidut on August 5 2016 indicates that it is USP but do know it works for many - some of us have a problem and it is better for you own body to speak and tell you if it works for your body. We are not all the same fit.

DMSO is derived from wood of trees as is methylcellulose used in many compounded products - causing a similar reaction with some people as poison ivy or oak would do. Causing sever skin allergies and hives. Unfortunatelly I am one of those and can use products blended with Olive oil or gelatin. Not sure how this will work for topicals or with Haiduts product.

both Cynomel and Cynomel plus are available again but not legal to import into the USA.

A way to introduce T3 only or together with a T4 see link below. The idea is to start at lower levels, 5 mcg or 10 mcg depending on your body and state of adrenals. 25 mcg is a high starting dose and could cause more issues than being of help. Muscle breakdown and high need to urinate often. Backache as the T3 is too much in one go.

https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/dosing-with-t3-only/

Triiodothyronine (T3) is the active thyroid hormone in humans. It is synthesized from thyroxine (T4) and some other thyroid precursors, primarily in the liver. It affects almost every physiological process in the body, including growth and development, metabolism, body temperature, and heart rate. The combination of synthetic T4 and T3 provided by TyroMix has been extensively studied over the last 50 years.

Drops per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Liothyronine (T3) sodium, USP: 3 mcg
Levothyroxine (T4) sodium, USP: 6 mcg

Other ingredients: DMSO, ethanol

http://www.idealabsdc.com
Lab/research chemicals: IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals

OP
J

Jsaute21

Pretty cool that DMSO is derived from wood of tress. I understand this results in an allergy for many (not cool) but is far more natural than i expected.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals