18 Year Old With Chronic Fatigue

tara

Im not sure, i got a cold nose after drinking that much milk which is high in potassium, always happens with high potassium foods.
A gallon of milk is a lot of water, too, and that can be too much for some of us if our metabolisms aren't up to speed - that could contribute to cold nose too. Esp. if it was straight from the fridge.

JohnA

Amber, what is your body temperature? There's a theory that the intense trauma of surgery can lower your temperature set point, which lowers metabolism and can cause the fatigue you're dealing with.

You can try to reset your temperature set point back to 98.6 by doing a "temperature reset." There's a ton of information in the linked thread, but basically you just take a hot shower in the morning, then wear really warm clothes (e.g. winter coat and hat) for the rest of the day while eating warming foods (e.g. limited liquids and warming up the milk and oj that you do drink), and then go to sleep still wearing your warm clothes.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/temperature-reset-a-la-steve-richfield.13397/

The reset doesn't work for everyone, but I think it can't hurt to try it out for a few days.

OP
Amber

Amber

Amber, what is your body temperature? There's a theory that the intense trauma of surgery can lower your temperature set point, which lowers metabolism and can cause the fatigue you're dealing with.

You can try to reset your temperature set point back to 98.6 by doing a "temperature reset." There's a ton of information in the linked thread, but basically you just take a hot shower in the morning, then wear really warm clothes (e.g. winter coat and hat) for the rest of the day while eating warming foods (e.g. limited liquids and warming up the milk and oj that you do drink), and then go to sleep still wearing your warm clothes.

Temperature Reset à La Steve Richfield

The reset doesn't work for everyone, but I think it can't hurt to try it out for a few days.

Hi,

I don't know what my temp is but i think it's pretty good because i can't stand sleeping with clothes on, makes me too hot. I will look into the temperature reset, gonna measure my temp right now.

OP
Amber

Amber

My temp is 98.9 right now, about 2 hours after having lunch.

OP
Amber

Amber

A gallon of milk is a lot of water, too, and that can be too much for some of us if our metabolisms aren't up to speed - that could contribute to cold nose too. Esp. if it was straight from the fridge.

Hi,

I dont really have a problem with fluid because my body temp is ok. Pretty thirsty too and dont crave salt.

OP
Amber

Amber

Anyone knows why i would get light sensivity after drinking milk? Maybe the trytophan or estrogen in it? Not sure but for now im just going to supplement calcium carbonate 600MG twice daily instead of drinking milk.

OP
Amber

Amber

250mg magnesium and 1200mg calcium today. I think thats an ok ratio. Also about 5gr potassium and a tsp of salt.

Cals were:

350kh
100protein
30fat

About 2000cals, last snack will be tonight about 300 cals.

OP
Amber

Amber

Hi guys just a quick update,

I found out why i kept feeling tired a lot. I was probably overdosing on magnesium and since adding 1L of skim milk to my diet and stopping my magnesium supplement my energy levels went up quite a lot and i sleep better. I also started taking progesterone by Dr. Lee since thats the best one available here.

Things i changes and work for me:

- 10grams of salt daily
- 1200mg calcium daily
- high carb/low fat/moderate protein
- progesterone 80ml daily
- regular sleep schedule 11:00 - 09:00 am

Tried some t3 but decided to try progesterone first to see what it does for me.

Marcus1000

I was wondering how much sunlight you get? And do you have problems standing for a long time? (I am also fighting to overcome this chronic fatigue problem and standing still for long is very hard for me :arghh:).

- high carb/low fat/moderate protein
This is a huge one for me too, keeping fat as low as possible. Removes a lot of brain fog/weakness. I become better at recalling memories aswell and sharper mentally. Very weird!

OP
Amber

Amber

I was wondering how much sunlight you get? And do you have problems standing for a long time? (I am also fighting to overcome this chronic fatigue problem and standing still for long is very hard for me :arghh:).

This is a huge one for me too, keeping fat as low as possible. Removes a lot of brain fog/weakness. I become better at recalling memories aswell and sharper mentally. Very weird!

Hi,

Yes, standing for too long burns me out which i think is because of decreased blood flow to my brain. When sit down i tend to cross my legs which is also a mechanism to increase bloodflow to the brain.

When the sun is shining i try to sit outside whenever i can to relax. Sunlight makes me feel very relaxed.

About the high carb/low fat i get what you're saying, it's the same way for me. When i eat a high fat meal i become tired and annoyed but as long as i eat very low fat it's fine. Lots of salt also helped me here, i try to aim for 4Tsp daily.

Are you taking magnesium? It helped me relax and got my energy up a bit however, when i take too much i feel worse than i did before so I take 600mg magnesium daily now.

Marcus1000

Hi,

Yes, standing for too long burns me out which i think is because of decreased blood flow to my brain. When sit down i tend to cross my legs which is also a mechanism to increase bloodflow to the brain.

When the sun is shining i try to sit outside whenever i can to relax. Sunlight makes me feel very relaxed.

About the high carb/low fat i get what you're saying, it's the same way for me. When i eat a high fat meal i become tired and annoyed but as long as i eat very low fat it's fine. Lots of salt also helped me here, i try to aim for 4Tsp daily.

Are you taking magnesium? It helped me relax and got my energy up a bit however, when i take too much i feel worse than i did before so I take 600mg magnesium daily now.
Hello!

Have you ever been tested for P.O.T.S.? (see: The Results Are In!!! 2015 POTS Syndrome Survey and DINET - Dysautonomia Informtaion Network - Dysautonomia Information Network Forums (DINET))
It is quite a new phenomenom and not many Dr.'s have a clue about it, especially in Europe (mine had never seen it before I mentioned it).
I found this after searching for about 2 years why I had this constant fatigue. They tested me for it and my heart rate went from like 80 laying down to 150 standing within a minute.
I have the exact same as you with the high fat meals. I aswell get very annoyed/tired/anxious/foggy etc. I think perhaps it is due to high adrenaline being released to be able to aid in blood circulation.
One thing that helps people with P.O.T.S. is lots of salt as you mentioned, the idea is that this increases blood volume which people with P.O.T.S. tend to have some hypovolemia.

I am currently doing a graded-exercise like programme which is slowly starting to give me quite some good progress. I am definately able to stand longer than before. Basically the idea is starting exercising horizontally first, (on a rowing machine/recumbent bicycle), since this is the easiest, then slowly progressing to more upright posture during exercise. Apparantly there have been people going from bed-bound to being able to function normally with this programme. I remember reading in the study for this exercise programme that they said there was a person who wasn't even able to sit up-right for over 2 years, and now is just walking around doing things.:joyful: I will see if I can find the programme and will send you it, perhaps it might be of help :).

Have you also looked into something like breathing exercises (buteyko for example)? I am currently trying this aswell, too early to tell, but it seems extremely helpful for many people. Here is a story of a man who cured his chronic fatigue with it: Buteyko breathing technique: I beat chronic fatigue by learning to hold my breath | Daily Mail Online

Sometimes I feel like my body switches into "stress-mode" too quickly, that is why I am trying the buteyko breathing to try and be more relaxed on auto-pilot :D

Also make sure to eat many calories, it is very anti-stressful, I think 1800 kcal is too low :p I know this can be difficult, as I have had similar "fear" of not wanting to become fat :p Just let it go, health is the first prio now! :)

Regarding the magnesium, I have tried it in the past (have tried basically every supplement under the sun, in a desperate attempt to fix my problems), I do not find much relief from it unfortunately. I recall it having quite a calming effect in the beginning, but it faded eventually :P

,Marcus

Xisca

I was very talented and could have played for the national soccer team but i had to get that surgery first and after that everything went downhill.
I have to answer before I go on Reading!
SURGERY
You yourself have noticed you have a before and an after, in your life!
This is the main sign to recognize a shock response. Anestesia is a chemically induced freeze response, so we do not feel pain, thanks god! But your fatigue is as if part of you was still sleeping.
You seem to have post shock freeze response, which means something like post accident stress disorder.

It is easy to imagine the concept, that during anestesia, your life energy is still running, but it is blocked for a while. If you go on with spending energy AND spending energy to block this energy, all is wasted in the process...
Your energy is stuck in that stress response. Look for my posts about somatic experiencing, and really, you can recover quick with maybe a few sessions even something like 3 or 4 can be enough. Of course, after this surgery, the blockage has provoqued some more physical symptoms, that you can deal with, and you can also have other sources of stress that cumulate.

Last edited:

Xisca

All the symtoms and ways to manage them are relevant of course, but when you regulate directly the autonomic nervous system, the body starts to work well by itself again, because you liberate the needed energy.

Xisca

SE sessions are exactly made for the sort of experience you had, and you really can recover quick and totally. Hope you can do some. Where do you live?
I do practise it, and did have a surgery experience that made me start with chronic fatigue as well 15 years ago.
I warn you from ersonal experience: even knowing how it "works", I could not relate my actual state of health to this surgery! Frozen is frozen! The protection is efficient! But when I "touched to it", it started to come out. Then I could really feel it

Last edited:

Xisca

and by the way, look if better for you may be to take p5p with your Mg, this is the active form of B6. For me, it made a difference.
I have to considere if I went up too much on Mg, as I had to eat less dairies for a while... Always some interresting new stuff to think about!

EIRE24

and by the way, look if better for you may be to take p5p with your Mg, this is the active form of B6. For me, it made a difference.
I have to considere if I went up too much on Mg, as I had to eat less dairies for a while... Always some interresting new stuff to think about!
Is p5p different from B6?

Xisca

Is p5p different from B6?
Yes, active form of it! Taking B6 can be useless for some people. And much needed with Mg!

Xisca

You're welcome!
I think important what I mentionned about the surgery...
As I have often the unconfortable feeling that people do not believe me when I speak with ordinary words of somatic experience,
so here is a link that describe not only the theory,
but with a REAL CASE of 4 sessions after an accident. The person could relate that the change in his life was due to the accident. After the sessions, the body does the recovery by itself, because we are meant to function without thinking about it, most of the time!

Somatic experiencing: using interoception and proprioception as core elements of trauma therapy

OP
Amber

Amber

Hi all, thanks for the replies!

Im still reading them so excuse me if i don't reply to something.

I used to take p5p 25Mg but it made me feel a lot worse, maybe it caused hypoglycemia im not sure but yeah didn't make me feel better.
[tara: content removed on request from OP.]

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals