Meringue?

gnosisphoenix

This is more of a recipe request and idea validation than an actual recipe, so sorry if this is the incorrect placement.

I'm currently adapting my diet to a Low Fat Peat style with reduced dairy. (Milk gives me digestive discomfort and joint pain, though most yogurts and cheeses seem to be OK.) I'm doing the low fat version because I'm aiming to lose 30 pounds by summer. Now that you have the cliffs notes backstory...

I'm making meringue cookies for my man and I in various flavors. I also want to make the fluffy moist kind that I can use for a dip for things like strawberries. (The chocolate mousse in my fridge is delicious...and super extra fatty.) Anyone have any favorite recipes or tips on these delightful creations?

ken

Our friend makes an Australian thing called a Pavlova. Make a birds nest out of meringue, bake and then fill with whip cream and fresh fruit.

EIRE24

Our friend makes an Australian thing called a Pavlova. Make a birds nest out of meringue, bake and then fill with whip cream and fresh fruit.
Wow, never knew pavlova was Australian

ken

Apparently, like most things it's origin is in dispute.

schultz

My mom made Pavlova when we were growing up. She learned the recipe from an old Australian friend of hers. I like it because it is a nice, light dessert.

Back
Top Bottom