Name1

Like I said, later in the study they talk about the removal and then re-addition of the adamantane group. Look at quotes #5 and #7. It's still in the context of anti-viral activity, which is what your quote discusses.

The underlined portions of the quotes I posted, and especially the parts in read clearly show that the authors of that study consider the adamantane group to be a pharmacophore, and in some cases a required one for observed effects. Quotes #8, #10, #11, #12, #14, and even #18, and #19 are such examples.

But if the adamantane group is responsible for the anti-viral activity of amantadine, then how come 'Replacing the amino group in amantadine with other functional groups like –OH, –SH, –CN, –CO2H, –Cl, or –Br gave inactive compounds.'

In this case the adamantane group is still there, but the amino group is not, and the compounds are inactive.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
But if the adamantane group is responsible for the anti-viral activity of amantadine, then how come 'Replacing the amino group in amantadine with other functional groups like –OH, –SH, –CN, –CO2H, –Cl, or –Br gave inactive compounds.'

In this case the adamantane group is still there, but the amino group is not, and the compounds are inactive.

That I don't know. It is probably a specific interaction of the amino group and the adamantane scaffold. I will look into the other active derivatives that were developed to see what other groups were active. We know ammonia is active for viral infections. The questions is what others groups also are, given that the –OH, –SH, –CN, –CO2H, –Cl, or –Br ones were inactive. Methyl groups seem active too since memantine is an active antiviral even without the amino group.

Name1

That I don't know. It is probably a specific interaction of the amino group and the adamantane scaffold. I will look into the other active derivatives that were developed to see what other groups were active. We know ammonia is active for viral infections. The questions is what others groups also are, given that the –OH, –SH, –CN, –CO2H, –Cl, or –Br ones were inactive. Methyl groups seem active too since memantine is an active antiviral even without the amino group.

Where is the anti-viral activity of memantine without an amine group attached discussed? Is it in the Wanka review? Thanks

Mufasa

Excellent, thanks for the great feedback! Any info on dosing?
I get profound sense of relaxation when I take 10mg. No sleepiness, just calm and un-agitated state, even after a very stressful day.

Yes, I feel very relaxed, it gives me this observer meditative feeling. If I walk across the street, I just naturally see more. As if my eyesight is wider, and less specific. As if my mind is constantly looking for beauty in the nature around me (or buildings or people). While otherwise I'm more focussed on my inner world (which could be either dreamy or worried or whatever).

For example, there is this supermarket I've been visiting for 26 years. But yesterday, for the first time I looked at the building above the supermarket. As if my eyesight never would reach that high. It's not a particular beautiful building, but I was just stunned by the fact that I never looked at it. I've been walking this street for probably more than 5000 times. And I never took the time to observe.

I have had similar experience when I stopped studying and working for 3 months, I just focused 100% on healing myself, and lived very healthy and stressless. This also gave me this feeling that my eyesight widened. What is interesting about this stuff is that it seems to trigger this kind of state almost immediately for me.

And about the other effect I noticed. I had yesterday a record time for my first stool (immediately after waking up). Today I had 3 (!) large stools. One quickly after waking up, one before lunch and one at 5 o clock. Could this be a side effect of diamant? If so, I'm very happy about it.

Mufasa

About the dosage, I take 2 times 10 mg. In the morning and before I go to bed.

Mufasa

4th stool of the day. No diarrhea though. Never had this before.

Not sure what is going on, is this some kind of detox?

Last edited:

ThinkPerceive

I actually got the relaxation effect last night! I've been putting the Pansterone on my scrotum and since my drawers are dropped and I'm doing drops of stuff I might as well add the Diamant too. It lasted only 15 minutes or so, but it was a very nice wave of calm. It didn't make me sleepy or not-sleepy, just calm.

Mufasa

Some other things I noticed today:

- something in my skin changed, can't really point it out, seems almost like it is darker? or less sensitive? sometimes I feel like you can see through my skin, and it is now more solid. ah ***t I can't find words for it. But I think it looks more attractive, will come back at this, when I can find better word for it :P
- my teeth are less sensitive. I always brush my teeth 2-4 times a day, I try to not eat solid food (dates, raisins etc.) at work, because that can make my teeth painful. They now don't feel painful after eating dates, and now brushing for hours. Makes me feel free :):
- I find it easier to talk on Diamant. It is easier to make sentences (not sure if this follows from this post lol). But seriously, I noticed this clearly. I have a hard time just having a monologue. I'm okay with dialogs, but when I have to talk about myself for some time, that is very hard for me. Just because I find it hard to make sentence after sentence. Diamant changed this for sure. I had the same effect with ritalin and ritanserin, but those effect didn't last long. I hope it will last with Diamant (fingers crossed).

Will keep reporting if those effect do last.

dand

10 drops or roughly 15 mg has very nice dopaminergic and pro-metabolic qualities. I have been very hungry so far today and feel like I could go play a pickup game of basketball or sprint w/ relative ease. Very nice and something I would have used a lot back in my athletic days.

Regina

Yes, I feel very relaxed, it gives me this observer meditative feeling. If I walk across the street, I just naturally see more. As if my eyesight is wider, and less specific. As if my mind is constantly looking for beauty in the nature around me (or buildings or people). While otherwise I'm more focussed on my inner world (which could be either dreamy or worried or whatever).

For example, there is this supermarket I've been visiting for 26 years. But yesterday, for the first time I looked at the building above the supermarket. As if my eyesight never would reach that high. It's not a particular beautiful building, but I was just stunned by the fact that I never looked at it. I've been walking this street for probably more than 5000 times. And I never took the time to observe.

I have had similar experience when I stopped studying and working for 3 months, I just focused 100% on healing myself, and lived very healthy and stressless. This also gave me this feeling that my eyesight widened. What is interesting about this stuff is that it seems to trigger this kind of state almost immediately for me.

And about the other effect I noticed. I had yesterday a record time for my first stool (immediately after waking up). Today I had 3 (!) large stools. One quickly after waking up, one before lunch and one at 5 o clock. Could this be a side effect of diamant? If so, I'm very happy about it.
that's neat observation about eyesight is wider. (that's a big goal in zen meditation).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals