Niacinamide Is A Potent Antifungal Effective Against Candida

I find that topical application of niacinamide completely rids me of dandruff and seb derm almost overnight. Sebum production also seems to reduce, nearly eliminating scalp sheen.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I find that topical application of niacinamide completely rids me of dandruff and seb derm almost overnight. Sebum production also seems to reduce, nearly eliminating scalp sheen.
I am finding taken internally niacinamide works good for dermatitis too. As for externally Solban(niacinamide, aspirin, caffeine) knocks it right out and the effect seems to last quite a while.

BobbyDukes

I've started taking 5g of niacinamide per day. Reason being, I finally decided to do something about this jock itch that I've had for (at least) the past year. It flares up when I eat starch, and I also get itching on my head (dandruff). Again, these effects are increased when I eat starch. Eliminating starch is the first thing that has improved the situation (keeping symptoms at bay). The first thing I notice when I get rid of starch, is that digestion immediately improves.

And now I'm taking this niacinamide at high dosages (each day), just to see what happens. Been doing this for three days.

I feel a bit woozy. A few aches and pains, but nothing to bother me. I can taste smells, and I can smell taste. It feels 'heady' (definitely something viral.. Perhaps a die-off). I am also going to the restroom at least 3-4 times per day (very unusual for me). And this flies in the face of my belief that niacinamide would only cause constipation as I go higher in dosage, due to it being an anti-serotonergic. Not sure of what the relevance of my increased time on the toilet is.

Anyway. Away from the toilet.

From now, I've got two weeks off work, so I'm going to take this every day for the next two weeks. I may drop this dose right down at the end of the two week period, to the doses more recommended by Peat (as a long term fixture in my daily routine). So this is just a temporary experiment (the high dose).

Methylene blue, I struggle with. I think I must have enough serotonin for it to bother me, as the effects I get from MB are not pleasant. Aspirin, I would love to try higher dosages, but I don't have a decent product (just the cheap tablets you buy from the store which include one or two nasty exipients).

Rivka

How did you go with your Niacinamide experiment BobbyDukes? Did you find it helped in eliminting the fungus.

sladerunner69

What is considered a small dose of niacinamide?

20-100mg is a small dose.

I find niacinimide to be effective at gut sterilization because I get a good clear digestion feeling bu only with higher doses of 1-2 grams and that generally leads to other side effects like headaches and grogginess

tomisonbottom

How do you apply it topically? Just the powder with water? Or are you dissolving it in something?

tomisonbottom

20-100mg is a small dose.

I find niacinimide to be effective at gut sterilization because I get a good clear digestion feeling bu only with higher doses of 1-2 grams and that generally leads to other side effects like headaches and grogginess

Are you saying you don't use small doses and that only large doses help but also come with side effects?
Or are you talking about the smaller dose being helpful for gut sterilization?

How do you apply it topically? Just the powder with water? Or are you dissolving it in something?

I typically dissolve the contents of a 500mg capsule in a small amount of water or vodka and apply it all over my scalp and body. The powder dissolved in water works fine except that it tends to turn in a few days. It keeps much better in something like vodka.

EIRE24

I typically dissolve the contents of a 500mg capsule in a small amount of water or vodka and apply it all over my scalp and body. The powder dissolved in water works fine except that it tends to turn in a few days. It keeps much better in something like vodka.
Sorry just saw this

InChristAlone

What do people think of niacinamide causing headache a result of poor phase 2 liver detoxification?

HLP

Does anyone here know if I can apply this information to treating a dog with a yeast problem. She's a rescue who had been severely abused during the first year of her life. Since we got her two months ago, she does smell better but has developed some "hot spots" on her abdomen and I also notice her eyelids and nose are pinkish at times. Before we got her she had a case of moldy feet but with some proper nutrition that disappeared. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Last edited:

Regina

Does anyone here know if I can apply this information to treating a dog with a yeast problem. She's a rescue who had been severely abused during the first year of her life. Since we got her two months ago, she does smell better but has developed some "hot spots" on her abdomen and I also notice her eyelids and nose are pinkish at times. Before we got her she had a case of moldy feet but with some proper nutrition that disappeared. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
My dog came with overwhelming itchies and hot spots. His "allergies" have been a battle. What has worked: vitamin K2 (Peak K2 15mg capsules), cyproheptadine, pau d'arco and cascara. I used to dose him with VibactraPlus by Amber Technologies. Great product but very expensive for a chronically ill 60lb dog. Now I'll toggle between pau darco, cascara and K2. Long soaks in very warm baking soda baths are awesome too.

HLP

Wow, thanks. I started aspirin , niacinamide and K2 for her today. I do have cypoheptadine in my cupboard and could try a bit of that. As for Cascara, she already has the tendency towards being loose so I won't go there at the moment. Ya, I see what you mean for the Vibactra Plus @ almost $160 for 4 oz. in Canada. My dog is a farm dog who regularly gets soaked in surrounding ponds so I don't think warm baths are going to be of much advantage. I also have some thyroid glandular I could try I guess.

HLP

I am feeding her homemade food. Generally some kind of cooked meat, rice, green beans. Carrot, beef bones, raw egg, cheese and gelatin are included daily. I've also made a liver and mushroom food for her too. She was malnourished when I first got her but she has gained weight nicely and is much happier here. She scares very easily, likely from her previous abuse. I wonder about giving her some sugar to help her nerves.

Regina

I am feeding her homemade food. Generally some kind of cooked meat, rice, green beans. Carrot, beef bones, raw egg, cheese and gelatin are included daily. I've also made a liver and mushroom food for her too. She was malnourished when I first got her but she has gained weight nicely and is much happier here. She scares very easily, likely from her previous abuse. I wonder about giving her some sugar to help her nerves.
Lucky doggy!! Nice diet! I've recently started giving my dog ice cream before bed. (who knew!) I think Pau D'arco clears up the runny stools really well.

HLP

You rock. I think I have some Pau D'arco in my cupboard too!!

James L

I posted some studies some time ago showing that aspirin and methylene blue are able to eradicate Candida infections. This study adds niacinamide to the tools we have against pathogenic fungi, and it seems niacinamide is especially effective against Candida. The human equivalent dose was 35mg/kg and it was administered only once. A second dose (same) of niacinamide 8h after infection with Candida was done in some animals to potentiate the effects. However, even a single dose was effective. While this dose is on the high end for niacinamide, for most people it would still fall under 3g, which is what mainstream medicine officially considers the upper safety limit for niacinamide. So there you have - niacinamide can cure Candida infection with a single dose. Adding 3g of aspirin and 20mg methylene blue will probably make the fungus file a lawsuit for genocide:):

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v16/n7 ... .2175.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 141617.htm

"...The current study shows that a C. albicans enzyme, known as Hst3, is essential to the growth and survival of the yeast. Researchers found that genetic or pharmacological inhibition of Hst3 with nicotinamide, a form of vitamin B3, strongly reduced C. albicans virulence in a mouse model. Both normal and drug-resistant strains of C. albicans were susceptible to nicotinamide. In addition, nicotinamide prevented the growth of other pathogenic Candida species and Aspergillus fumigatus (another human pathogen), thus demonstrating the broad antifungal properties of nicotinamide."

I've used the 35mg/1kg two times so far. I've had terrible die off symptoms for the 3 days following the Niacin dose. My question is, if Niacin kills fungus (candida), does it kill off any good bacteria or fungi? My symptoms completely go away after the large dose, but they come back a few days later. How can I stop this viscous cycle? For the next dose, I am making lactobacillus reuteri yogurt and using VSL-3 for probiotics in the trillions range. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST - it has changed my life and given me more hope

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals